Football Quiz.

3 minus 2

37 minutes ago, champers said:

Yes. In the 30s, I think.

Well in the absence of our hatter mate  I make that its your shout mate and i'm a fine one to talk some of the one's ive set, but if theyre roughly current seems to work good.

'

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Something to do with him being a football scout?

No. Not even lukewarm. He is still playing, by the way, for a fast-rising non-league side. That won't really help you to answer my question.

Edited by champers

2 hours ago, champers said:

No. Not even lukewarm. He is still playing, by the way, for a fast-rising non-league side. That won't really help you to answer my question.

Yes he still plays and is a scout.

anything to do with Michael Brown (City and Hartlepool)...last saw him with his young son in the City end away in Monaco.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

On 05/27/2017 at 8:09 PM, champers said:

City fans may get this straight off. One of their former youth team players; James Poole; shares a unique event with another player. Who?

TIme up feller give us the answer  and your shout for another question

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Peter Hartley is the answer. Hartley and Poole scored for Hartlepool in their 2-1 win v Notts County in Feb 2013.

Next question: I was born in Singapore and I captained England. Who am I?

50 minutes ago, champers said:

Peter Hartley is the answer. Hartley and Poole scored for Hartlepool in their 2-1 win v Notts County in Feb 2013.

I hope it's not as obscure as your last question!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

53 minutes ago, champers said:

Terry Butcher

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I hope it's not as obscure as your last question!

It got quite a lot of publicity at the time. Of course it's not Prem top six, so no reason for most on here to take any notice.

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We seem to be getting a lot of questions fans not of that particular team have no chance of getting.

Yes, and i'm as guilty as the next person, but  the aim of the quiz is to get people involved rather than bicker about nonsence, so dificult questions , yesh welcome,  but remember gentleman the aim aint to prove your smarter its maybe have a larf and  to get posters 'chatting'  then the quiz  becomes fun.. and  just a tip, if youve got a question up or think you know the answer to one ĺ, google a topic for a new question in advance , but try and make it a question  more than one person on the planet might know the answer to!! Those might stoke the ego but generally  it stays up for 24 hours and tbh that aint fun for everyone.. But hey only suggestions

15 hours ago, carmine said:

Harry Kane scored the last goal at WHL.  Who scored the first?

I'de take a wild guess that its someone a hundred a? years ago that not even the oldest of the olds have heard of.. and that includes alfie :smile:

On 05/29/2017 at 4:25 AM, carmine said:

Harry Kane scored the last goal at WHL.  Who scored the first?

Sorry carmine no one was going to get it, And you wernt around so we moved on.

But Dont forget gentleman please check that the last question has been answered in if its run out of time SAY SO and once its  been acknowledged and remains unresponsive then post a question. boring but its polite and stops the quiz turning into TOTAL madness.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Here's another quickie for you's, name the only team in last season's top 7 who haven't won the top tier title in the past 50 years ? easy but funny :wink:

Take your <deleted> bickering elswhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Here's another quickie for you's, name the only team in last season's top 7 who haven't won the top tier title in the past 50 years ? easy but funny :wink:

Why 50 yrs ? anyway when your above your station little club has one more trophies than us let us know :biggrin: