Power of money settles "Joke" argument at a Samui restaurant

webfact

Power of money settles "Joke" argument

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

KOH SAMUI: -- A rejected Thai man agreed to pay 10,000 baht compensation to settle an argument caught on video at a Samui restaurant.

The confrontation of the condiments took place at a Bor Phut "joke" (rice gruel with egg) restaurant on Saturday evening. Footage from CCTV was soon all over social media, reported Daily News.

The man in the video had apparently gone up to the women to ask for phone numbers and been rejected.

When the girls refused the request the man is alleged to have said: "Do you know who I am? I am the son of sergeant......".

The surname was someone well known on the holiday island.

Then fists started flying and kicks were aimed as the tabletop condiments at the restaurant were used as projectiles.

Yesterday, the man was found by police after a complaint was made by the girls. He was found not to be a policeman's son but just a department store employee.

He paid a fine and 10,000 baht compensation to the girls one of whom had a foreign boyfriend who didn't want to pursue the matter.

Police said the matter was thus settled.

As he went home the attacker grumbled to reporters that he had never said he was a cop's son - that was a social media lie.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-08

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, webfact said:

As he went home the attacker grumbled to reporters that he had never said he was a cop's son - that was a social media lie

I don't care. This scum bag deserves lots of bad publicity for his cowardly attack on the girl. I really hate the Thai way of paying a few Baht and being able to walk away from criminal offenses with no further consequences, when jail time is really warranted.

I wonder why they still have a book of laws, courts, judges and lawyers over here. Just set the price for every committed crime and offense make it payable via pay-pal and welcome everyone to a new happy zone 

I cannot understand why the Farang b/f of one of the girls, din't want to pursue the matter. What is it with so many Farang men here. Is it because they think they're Jesus Christ, and are therefore prepared to turn the other cheek. Or is it because they beleive that if the RTP become involved,they'll be found guilty of causing the problem,even if they were not even there.

17 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

guess with poster posted a moronic comment about a woman who was seriously assaulted., hint, you...

guess who gets upset over comments posted on internet forums? hint, well no one needs a hint. serious assault results in a trip to the hospital not a small cash settlement.

6 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

guess who gets upset over comments posted on internet forums? hint, well no one needs a hint. serious assault results in a trip to the hospital not a small cash settlement.

Not upset, just thought it was a moronic thing to say.., and the guy punched her in the face, to me that is a serious assault. 

50 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I cannot understand why the Farang b/f of one of the girls, din't want to pursue the matter. What is it with so many Farang men here. Is it because they think they're Jesus Christ, and are therefore prepared to turn the other cheek. Or is it because they beleive that if the RTP become involved,they'll be found guilty of causing the problem,even if they were not even there.

There is a current thread about a guy with a 9 year overstay. I'm not saying that it is him, but there could be any number of reasons why the farang b/f wants to stay clear of police and anyone else that could lead to other problems.

15 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

to me someone who has been seriously assaulted requires medical assistance, not 300US$.

jeez, so because the cops are useless and will only fine the guy, then it isn't a serious assault, take a day off will you. 

4 hours ago, hellstens said:

I would give him the number... to the cop :-)

No its normal thats how brave the men are here  3 cheers to the girls ! stand there ground just a grub scumbag and not charged  . Last week here in pattaya taxis mafi terrorised 3 women who the decided driver was for there  boss were 2 from china , wont be back again , they blocked them in surrounding them in there taxi's abused them what thete gping to do to them apparently believig shr was urba driver. bravado pack dogs , what a happy place to visit , police called took them all away for a talk just a mistake mmm , no charges laid taxis involved got off Scott free great policing they cant do there job to bloody lazy or the old money trick under table another example of happy zones in pattaya  no wonder every ones going other asian country's.lawless thailand pi_ _ weak cops nanny state country . 

33 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

In AU thats about $400. Possible dental repair plus future problems would outway the fine itself. What a <deleted> joke of a fine. Shame on the cops and the legal system. All thugs like this creep given a licence to cause harm with impunity. Which means more crime with no deterrent . What a joke of a legal system in Thailand. On a larger scale lets take Red Bull pays off the family of the dead cop with a peanut amount compared to what he earns and expected peace and harmony from us farlang. Well I pray that won't happen otherwise Thailand will become the wild west with no real rules or punishment if it is not already there!. This is on top of the Prime Minister stating over and over "Good guys in Bad guys out" Well Mr PM they live here and  most are Thai! What a Walt Disney statement. "If I wish upon a star..." LMAO. Fairyland stuff.

Oh Man...good stuff....young love..joop joop teerak..land of smiles!

Sidenote i imagine that condiment stand can hurt if its the glass one

not to mention chili--fish sauce--vinegar--salty--glass and open wounds

maybe the falang doesnt have much sense as if thats how his gf dresses in public

of course just MY opinion--let the snarky bargirl apologists loose...:wai:

Archived