Power of money settles "Joke" argument at a Samui restaurant

webfact

50 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

to me someone who has been seriously assaulted requires medical assistance, not 300US$.

so you are ok with merely punching a woman once or twice?

would you feel different if she was dressed as a nun? 

you are little better than the guy in the video.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HooHaa said:

read his comment properly before u get on the high stool and make an incorrect comment

6 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

read his comment properly before u get on the high stool and make an incorrect comment

i read quite well. his comments are unambiguous.

Help me work this out. If that was a fight with a foreign bloke there would be a pack of Thai males in the mix in 2 seconds. But when it's a Thai male against a Thai woman absolutely nobody comes to the girls assistance! Un-f***ing believable!

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I don't care. This scum bag deserves lots of bad publicity for his cowardly attack on the girl. I really hate the Thai way of paying a few Baht and being able to walk away from criminal offenses with no further consequences, when jail time is really warranted.

I think the ladies may have preferred the money.

5 hours ago, kangaloowest said:

The ferang boyfriend didn't want to pursue the matter further ??.
<deleted> ??

What does it have to do with the BF ?

He wasnt involved and it may well have been just his temporary GF

It would be either a Police of defendants choice as whether to press charges .

Nothing at all to do with the BF

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

to me someone who has been seriously assaulted requires medical assistance, not 300US$.

So if you get punched in the face and receive 300 USD as compensation, that would be OK with you?

Why do Thai me feel they have a right to hit and kick woman This is not acceptable and I blame TV they are partly responsable.

The Thai TV shows permit violence against women .

There is no reason and I repeat no reason to hit a woman Any man  out there that thinks otherwise is very very twisted in thinking and should not 

be allowed to have a relationship until the understand hitting a woman is bad 

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I don't care. This scum bag deserves lots of bad publicity for his cowardly attack on the girl. I really hate the Thai way of paying a few Baht and being able to walk away from criminal offenses with no further consequences, when jail time is really warranted.

Yes, completely agree. A neighbour literally got away with murder recently after shooting dead his nephew. He paid around 300k for it to go away. 

The reason for the murder? His nephew was cutting the grass in his garden, having been asked to by hi aunt (the killer's wife). He didn't want it cut so did the only thing possible really, got a gun, went back and shot the poor lad in the head.

1 minute ago, realenglish1 said:

Why do Thai me feel they have a right to hit and kick woman This is not acceptable and I blame TV they are partly responsable.

The Thai TV shows permit violence against women .

There is no reason and I repeat no reason to hit a woman Any man  out there that thinks otherwise is very very twisted in thinking and should not 

be allowed to have a relationship until the understand hitting a woman is bad 

Because the soap operas teach them that if you hit them or even better rape them, they will fall in love in you.:sad:

6 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Because the soap operas teach them that if you hit them or even better rape them, they will fall in love in you.:sad:

Yes and that so sad and the farthest thing from the truth Your right 

I would love to invite thos idiot to a good old fashion FLL training ...he would surely think in the future twice if he wants to lift his arms against anybody.,and had 2x in my past they are now smooth like silk after our 2 days full enforcement practical interaction

29 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

So if you get punched in the face and receive 300 USD as compensation, that would be OK with you?

300usd probably means more to a thai than it does to me. thats about 10 days pay for your average thai. if i got punched and was not hurt and got 10 days pay, say 3000usd i would be ok.

3 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

300usd probably means more to a thai than it does to me. thats about 10 days pay for your average thai. if i got punched and was not hurt and got 10 days pay, say 3000usd i would be ok.

10.000 baht is more like a months salary for him.

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

seriously. where did you get that idea? seriously dude seriously. she accepted 10000thb and did not press charges. she did, not me. i never expressed an opinion either way. seriously dude. 

7 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

ha ha you can be the crass police. wonder if you can make a difference. better than the grammar Nazis thats for sure.

I only use the word crass because the word that adequately describes your post will get me suspended.

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

I cannot understand why the Farang b/f of one of the girls, din't want to pursue the matter. What is it with so many Farang men here. Is it because they think they're Jesus Christ, and are therefore prepared to turn the other cheek. Or is it because they beleive that if the RTP become involved,they'll be found guilty of causing the problem,even if they were not even there.

You're getting close with the BiB invloved

farangs are better off staying well away from any trouble.

The issue was between the girls & the guy, a farang in the mix would only escalate the problems let them sort it all out.

4 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

sounds like a sad life champ. just b!@nk it out and let us guess so you dont get in trouble.

Nope.

You can work it out...

Sad is also another inadequate word to describe your post.

But it does apply.

On 18/04/2017 at 3:46 PM, smedly said:

This country makes a huge amount of money from tourists, it is a vital part of GDP and has been the case for decades, the problem is that there are no safety standards or at least they are not enforced making Thailand (no matter how much they claim otherwise) and extremely dangerous place to holiday.

The costs quoted in the OP are not only tiny but are very likely exaggerated, when you consider the actual cost in terms of labour and materials without profit it is no where near what they are quoting.

Yes people should have insurance when they go on holiday but equally there is a duty of care to keep visitors safe when they visit Thailand, when they are injured through no fault of their own then Thailand should be willing to step up and compensate. 

They have gotten away with this for far too long, they have had decades to improve things but instead stuffed the money in their greedy pockets showing no consideration to improve their health and safety.........and yes I for once agree in this instance of that commonly used Thai phrase - well if they hadn't come to Thailand it wouldn't have happened so it must be their fault, might be time for people to rethink their holiday destinations.

If a Thai goes to the UK on holiday they will be treated in hospital like everyone else, the difference being that the likelihood of something happening to them is vastly different.

So a few million here and there .................so what, you are making trillions in tourism.

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

They should have aimed that chilli powder at his face.

i wonder how many people were in the restraunt ? it went on for long enough of someone else in restraunt to smack him but nobody seemed to intervene. her mate was a brave girl pushing him away probably the bravest one there .

Archived