Russians arrested over Phuket tuk-tuk sex video

webfact

Russians arrested over Phuket tuk-tuk sex video

Eakkapop Thongtub

1494214461_1-org.jpg

The Russian tourists were brought to Karon Police Station early yesterday evening (May 7). Photo: Ekkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Two Russians have been arrested for public indecency and fined B500 each after a video of the couple seemingly having sex in the back of a Phuket tuk-tuk went viral after being posted online last Friday night (May 5).

The 28-second long video was recorded by a dashcam of a car following behind the tuk-tuk. The video was initially posted on the Facebook page of Sornchai Uadsree with the message, “Can’t they wait until they arrive at a hotel? Really can’t they wait to do this?”

In the video the woman can be seen straddling her male companion and leaning back across the tuk-tuk cab, and moving rhythmically while supported by her arms.

Karon Police on Saturday morning said they were unaware of the incident, and also by Saturday morning the Facebook page where the video was first posted had been deleted.

However, Lt Col Naruewat Puttawiro of the Phuket Tourist Police told The Phuket News today (May 8) that police had tracked down the tuk-tuk, and the couple.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russians-arrested-over-phuket-tuk-tuk-sex-video-62082.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-08

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Meanwhile senior policemen are molesting young girls.

Hardly the crime of the century, come on BIB kick your back sides in gear, go arrest some serious law breakers.

So- we just ignore public indecency then do we? What if you had kids and they had seen it? 

12 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

So- we just ignore public indecency then do we? What if you had kids and they had seen it? 

Hardly the crime of the century, is what i posted.

I never said ignore it, there are a lot more serious things going on that require police attention.

42 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Then it'll be time for you to give the "birds 'n' bees" talk, if they don't already know.

Surely, seeing bloody bodies in the road from accidents is far worse.

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

What if you had kids and they had seen it? 

It would be Lesson 1 in the Thai curriculum for sex education... today kids see much much more on their Twitter feed. Clearly you are old school, soo last century!!!

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

is it really that big a deal? kids are watching worse on the internet daily. 500thb fine seems about the right fine for something that does not really matter. glad the cops did not have to waste too much of their time on solving this issue. there are still many people out there riding scooters with no helmets who need to be fined.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Hardly the crime of the century, come on BIB kick your back sides in gear, go arrest some serious law breakers.

OK, I don't know which country you are from but I am guessing that your country would impose a lot more tougher punishment on these two. While the law on nudity in your Western country may be more lax than in Thailand, the law on sex in public in a very public place where it is likely to be seen by children is likely to attract very serious charges under various sex offender laws.

With such clear evidence as is available in this case, you will be found guilty and then placed on some sort of sex offenders' list, the consequences of which can be catastrophic - travel bans (your country will withhold passport) for an extended period of time, having to live for years in locations far from schools or other places where children are (even though the offence did not involve children, the strong probability that children could see the act could include that element in the post sentence scenario). Such locations are usually terrible, far from any amenity and where your only neighbours are, you guessed it, most likely to be pedophiles!

Good luck getting many jobs; in some countries that would include most jobs (in the USA, the offence would be classed as a felony and it is really hard to get a job as a felon, especially with sex offence attached to your record).

So, while you don't consider such activities to be serious crimes, the law enforcement agencies in most developed countries do. Yes, it does not involve molesting underage girls which, all other things being equal, is more serious but then the BIB have already arrested a senior officer in relation to this crime with more arrests to follow.

Yes, it is always the case that there are more serious crimes going on than the one in question - that is true of every country -  but why should Thailand be encouraged to ignore what went on in public in that Tuk Tuk when it would be taken very seriously elsewhere? It is bad enough that the perpetrators were fined a miserable amount of less than 500 Baht each.

This is not a crime, but it is a moral outrage and banal manifestation of hedonism as well as a great insult to human dignity ... This new generation has been brainwashed into thinking humans are animals and might as well <deleted> like' em too, whenever and wherever.

Sad state of affairs that has nothing whatsoever to do with Thailand, so cut the crap children!

My wife (Thai_retired Teacher of 30 years) says incidents like this just give more reasons for cultural Thais to resent foreigners, especially Caucasians. And just because there is a sizeable sex industry here does not mean it represents the national folk soul or sense of cultural pride. I suspect the next step will go far beyond a mere slap on the wrist fine.

If you think this is a laughing matter and that I'm just an old stuffed-up fuddy-duddy, 'good-on-ya' as the Aussies say but that ain't likely gonna happen because that mindset is what destroys society.  Cheers.

Boy there are some real up tight people on here.

Its not like they expected a pervert to video them.or  that they posted it.

They are just making memories.

But since some perv did a video and posted it and they got air time for it now thailand wants to make a example.

Its the funnys  here in phuket.girls blasting ping pong balls out there hole gets no fines

I get a thai girl a minute asking me if i want sex walking to the market.

Give me a break and save youre self .

She looks cute. I bet 9 out of 10 men on here wish they had the towel over there head.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Easy colin the BIB might come for you and hire you as an instructor

2 hours ago, humqdpf said:

OK, I don't know which country you are from but I am guessing that your country would impose a lot more tougher punishment on these two. While the law on nudity in your Western country may be more lax than in Thailand, the law on sex in public in a very public place where it is likely to be seen by children is likely to attract very serious charges under various sex offender laws.

With such clear evidence as is available in this case, you will be found guilty and then placed on some sort of sex offenders' list, the consequences of which can be catastrophic - travel bans (your country will withhold passport) for an extended period of time, having to live for years in locations far from schools or other places where children are (even though the offence did not involve children, the strong probability that children could see the act could include that element in the post sentence scenario). Such locations are usually terrible, far from any amenity and where your only neighbours are, you guessed it, most likely to be pedophiles!

Good luck getting many jobs; in some countries that would include most jobs (in the USA, the offence would be classed as a felony and it is really hard to get a job as a felon, especially with sex offence attached to your record).

So, while you don't consider such activities to be serious crimes, the law enforcement agencies in most developed countries do. Yes, it does not involve molesting underage girls which, all other things being equal, is more serious but then the BIB have already arrested a senior officer in relation to this crime with more arrests to follow.

Yes, it is always the case that there are more serious crimes going on than the one in question - that is true of every country -  but why should Thailand be encouraged to ignore what went on in public in that Tuk Tuk when it would be taken very seriously elsewhere? It is bad enough that the perpetrators were fined a miserable amount of less than 500 Baht each.

Well said. sir. There are a lot of people who go to other countries and do things that they would not do back home. Show some respect and decency to the country that you are visiting. Actually just try to be respectful and decent. Period.

They were alone inside the tuk tuk..... and not naked. The people taking the video need to be fined for invasion of privacy..

I advice most of the people here never to go to Brazil......A. too open mnded country for so many close minded farangs.

2 hours ago, OmarZaid said:

This is not a crime, but it is a moral outrage and banal manifestation of hedonism as well as a great insult to human dignity ... This new generation has been brainwashed into thinking humans are animals and might as well <deleted> like' em too, whenever and wherever.

Sad state of affairs that has nothing whatsoever to do with Thailand, so cut the crap children!

My wife (Thai_retired Teacher of 30 years) says incidents like this just give more reasons for cultural Thais to resent foreigners, especially Caucasians. And just because there is a sizeable sex industry here does not mean it represents the national folk soul or sense of cultural pride. I suspect the next step will go far beyond a mere slap on the wrist fine.

If you think this is a laughing matter and that I'm just an old stuffed-up fuddy-duddy, 'good-on-ya' as the Aussies say but that ain't likely gonna happen because that mindset is what destroys society.  Cheers.

what is destroying society is violent scenes perpetually in front of all kids, parents fighting, people fighting, women fighting in a nasty way in the street, Thai cowards attacking foreigner in a group of 20 and take him to bits, violence on TV shows, photos of bodies in pieces on the road, people shooting one another in school buses but ALL THIS is acceptable and in full display while something as natural as sex has to be hidden because it is very bad... yes there are sick people on this planet but not those we think.

oz

Archived