"Drunk monk meets de-frockers"

webfact

"Drunk monk meets de-frockers"

7pm.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

PATTAYA: -- It was like a comedy scene from a Hollywood movie - except the monk removed from a tour bus seemed to be deadly serious as he told those who took his robes that he would see them in hell.

Pattaya police - many struggling to keep a straight face - were called to the Nakornchai bus station after complaints from passengers about a monk on a service from Rayong.

He was shouting incoherently and even tearing up money.

Police found him sitting at the bus station reeking of booze.

He said he was not drunk at all.

After trying to calm him down police took Phra Phitakorn Suthammo, 35, to his temple of Wat Thamma Samakhee where he tried to grope the abbot.

Despite prostrating himself on the floor the abbot decided enough was enough and ordered immediate defrocking.

But Phitakorn was furious and threw down his robes in disgust as he was dressed in white, saying that he would see those who would defrock him in hell.

He then walked away from the temple as if nothing had happened.

The whole drama that occurred after midnight this morning was recorded on video.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-08

What defrock is going on with these monks?

It's as if anyone can join the brotherhood. No need for any qualifications or morals.

I would stop giving them food and money, but I'm worried my next life won't be as ostentatious. 

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Tried to grope the Abbot !! well thats a new 1.:cheesy:

I don't think its funny at all, if this skunk tried to grope a sr monk you can easily imagine what he would do to the very young monks in the area?

There should be an investigation.......immediately.

18 minutes ago, hgma said:

I don't think its funny at all, if this skunk tried to grope a sr monk you can easily imagine what he would do to the very young monks in the area?

There should be an investigation.......immediately.

Nice thought but in Thailand that aint going to happen.

The land of smoke and mirrors and secrets and lies.

Archived