2nd hand tires

Neilcnx

I have a 2003 Nissan Cefiro and  will need a set of 4 in the next few months. I live in Yasothon and found only one 2nd hand seller that doesn't have anything close to what i can use. Original size is 215-55 but I'm currently using  225-60. Please let me know if there is a 2nd hand dealer within a reasonable driving distance from  Yasothon. A phone  number would be really helpful so as not to waste time and gas.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Neil Alper

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Neilcnx said:

JoeW,

The rim size is 16

Thanks, hope you know of some  that has in stock or coming soon:

Malt 25:

Why on earth would you ask such a question?

Basically because I don't understand anyone putting second hand tires on their car. You don't know their history. Unobvious sidewall damage & other possible defects.

Top of the line tires can be expensive but some lesser know brands are fine for most driving conditions. At least they are NEW & usually come with some form of gaurantee.

As well as brakes & steering, tires are a BIG safety item.

JoeW,

The rim size is 16

Thanks, hope you know of some  that has in stock or coming soon:

Malt 25:

Your advice and concern are appreciated. But really. I don't subscribe to your concept.

Hey Neil,

We operate a tire shop here in Kalasin.

Actually soon I will be upgrading my own set-up from 16 inch to 18 inch (new car).

The tires on my car are Vredestein Sportrac 5 215/55/16 with around 3000 km on them. They have a build-date of 1516, so are made in 2016.

My civic came with crappy tires and since we are the distributor for Vredestein in Kalasin, I was able to get these pretty decent tires.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Sportrac-5.htm

PM if you're interested. 

FYI for my 18 inch set-up I will again go with Vredesteins :)

Nothing wrong with buying secondhand tyres if you go to the right place.

With the amount of accidents and car write offs going on, it is possible to get nearly new ones.

There are many places selling these. Most places I have seen have tyres stacked up and you are free to go and choose which ones you want.

I bought a bridgestone with hardly any miles on it for 1300 baht supplied and fitted.

JoeW

I can't figure out how to send a PM.

I am interested and would like to pursue it.

My email is '<contact by personal message>. Then you can reply with your contact info including Skype ID

I had a pickup with 90,000 kilometers on the OEM tires. They still had about half the tread left and looked good. I changed them because they were no longer safe on wet roads. Maybe you should check the manufacturing date on used tires and forget tires that are more than three years old.

Once in a while you can get a complete set, rims and all that have come off a vehicle that the owner has installed bigger/different tires and rims. If not more than three years old, those sets should be fine and safe to buy second hand.

It's fairly easy to buy a good set of decent second hand tires with a bit of knowledge.

Points to watch out for:

1. Manufacturing date: written on the side wall. The first two numbers are the manufacturing week, the last two numbers are the year.

2. Repair: Take a look at the inside of the tire and spot any signs of repair

3. How much tread is remaining?

Many people in Thailand (including me) change the tires and rims on their new cars to modify the looks of their car a bit.

There is an abundance of good, barely used second-hand tires. 

I think I have the only Cefiro in Yasothon... but I'm still looking . there are only 2 shops selling 2nd hand so they have a lot of options for a pickup or smaller  cars.

I looked twice but still can't the year.

JoeW.

This hasn't been the right time for me to pursue: but I'd still like you to keep an eye out for me and let me know if something you think i can use comes up.

BTW I can't send a pm because there are several JoeWs - don't know which one you are.

21 hours ago, Neilcnx said:

[Redacted]

BTW I can't send a pm because there are several JoeWs - don't know which one you are.

Follow UbonJoe's advice and hover over his specific avatar in one of his messages above. Then left click on message. You'll get a message proforma that is already addressed to this particular JoeW.

Archived