Questions about Loei

wellred

I'm planning my next high season trip and fancy spending a 4 or 5 nights in Loei. I was wondering if someone could help me with a few queries.

1) How is it in early February? Is the burning from Chiang Mai a factor here or is there burning in the local area? 

2) Do most hotels around Loei offer a driver for the day? I'd like to explore some of the nearby national parks.

Are there ATMs in Loei town? I know this sounds like a silly question but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

1) No influence from northern burning. Local burning from cane fields. But usually not that bad like in the north. It's usually done in the evening and is quickly blown away.

2) Most hotels: I would not expect that. The better hotels might assist you in finding such service (most likely a minivan with driver on a daily basis).

ATMs: a Thai provincial capital without ATMs still has to be found :biggrin:

One of the granddaughters attends a college in Loei and lives on a plastic card which is "refilled" monthly.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm planning my next high season trip and fancy spending a 4 or 5 nights in Loei. I was wondering if someone could help me with a few queries.

1) How is it in early February? Is the burning from Chiang Mai a factor here or is there burning in the local area? 
2) Do most hotels around Loei offer a driver for the day? I'd like to explore some of the nearby national parks.

Are there ATMs in Loei town? I know this sounds like a silly question but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Loei Palace is the best hotel

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My  recent visit to Loei ,    i clocked   maybe ten walking ATM , farlangs .

Compared to Udon , which can boast   many more ,  even on a rainy day .555

Loei ,  well worth a visit .   ATM , no problem .

Archived