Thaiexpattv

jonesthepost

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Could it be anything to do with the new uk regulations that prevents streaming to the likes of Kodi etc

One hopes not, the UK ruling was aimed squarely at those supplying and using the boxes rather than the stream providers.

Last time I investigated the streams were sourced in Germany using a loophole in feature of German law that actually allowed re-broadcast of streams.

Whether the recent ruling in the Netherlands (similar to the UK one) has a Europe-wide reach we shall find out soon I suspect.

Little point opening tickets, I'm sure they're fully aware that the service is down.

Slightly relevant concerning my previous post of the U.K. Clamp down. Here in China my Iviewtv box is still working well, so your issues could be internal as opposed to a clamp down

Yes 365sport is down too, but no trouble with iptv club.

I have a trial at the moment as there are important rugby matches over the next couple of weeks and I wanted a fallback.

I'll probably end up paying for a year as as backup system, but I prefer my ThaiExpatTV with ExpatpremiumTV as it has pretty much everything I'm interested in as it's more stable, more current and the catch-up system works better.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

I used to subscribe to UK TV and then switched when they were taken over by Thai Expat TV.  I continued to use the old UK TV platform for years until they told me that I would have to change. But I never deleted the old UK TV platform.... and it still works fine, even though Expat TV told me it would be shut down.

So by some weird and wonderful quirk of fate, I can still watch all the Tv programmes courtesy UK TV. For how long, who knows? So whatever is going on with legalities and servers, my old UK TV set-up is still running.

But what do I care?

I'm leaving tomorrow...

16 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I only signed up and paid a year up front last week :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I never totally trusted it and only paid on a quarterly basis, which meant the most I would be out of pocket was 1740 Baht if it crashed the day after I paid.

I hope for your sake it is back up running soon.

4 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

I have a trial at the moment as there are important rugby matches over the next couple of weeks and I wanted a fallback.

I'll probably end up paying for a year as as backup system, but I prefer my ThaiExpatTV with ExpatpremiumTV as it has pretty much everything I'm interested in as it's more stable, more current and the catch-up system works better.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

I had Thaiexpat when I first moved to Thailand and whilst it was good the channels are very limited. Then I got Expatpremium and 365 sports, but the last couple of weeks the programs have been very unreliable, bouncing about all over the place. I had the free trial with IPTV-Club a couple of weeks ago and found it faultless. There are more sports than 365, infact 365 does not have Sky Sports (correct me if I'm wrong). Most of all the popular channels have a 7 day catch up, only difference is with 365sport you can fast forward and miss the adverts. Just watched the Joshua/Klitsko(?) Fight for nothing. And at 4100baht for 12 months it seems to be the best value out there. Can I just say I am no way affilliated with IPTV-Club. :post-4641-1156694572:

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

One hopes not, the UK ruling was aimed squarely at those supplying and using the boxes rather than the stream providers.

Last time I investigated the streams were sourced in Germany using a loophole in feature of German law that actually allowed re-broadcast of streams.

Whether the recent ruling in the Netherlands (similar to the UK one) has a Europe-wide reach we shall find out soon I suspect.

Little point opening tickets, I'm sure they're fully aware that the service is down.

The recent ruling was not in the Netherlands, it was by the European court of justice ( CJEU) against a Dutch box seller.

What is more is that in that ruling the CJEU changed it's long time stance on streaming of copyrighted content, and now considers it the same as downloading, thus illegal.

https://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2017-04/cp170040en.pdf

The  Court  also  finds  that temporary  acts  of  reproduction,  on  that  multimedia  player,  of  a
copyright  protected  work  obtained  by  streaming  on  a  website  belonging  to  a  third  party
offering  that  work  without  the  consent  of  the  copyright  holder,  cannot  be  exempted  from
the right of reproduction.

http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf;jsessionid=9ea7d0f130d6b897cc6bdeb04b1582c7ede946cb9411.e34KaxiLc3eQc40LaxqMbN4Pax4Pe0?text=&docid=190142&pageIndex=0&doclang=EN&mode=req&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=823938

In the UK broadcasters have got a free ticket to shut down servers that stream their content, without having to ask for a court order.

Expect many more of these similar services to go down in the near future, because they are ALL illegal.

Before some smart Aleck jumps on me, no AIS and Netflix are not illegal, but you will notice the difference in content offered by them and the ones I have in mind.

The only thing I can say is, free is the way to go, if they shut down the free streams you just move on to the next one.

If you have paid upfront for a service, that actually charges you for the very same thing you get free, and that one shuts down it's a different matter.

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

I had Thaiexpat when I first moved to Thailand and whilst it was good the channels are very limited. Then I got Expatpremium and 365 sports, but the last couple of weeks the programs have been very unreliable, bouncing about all over the place. I had the free trial with IPTV-Club a couple of weeks ago and found it faultless. There are more sports than 365, infact 365 does not have Sky Sports (correct me if I'm wrong). Most of all the popular channels have a 7 day catch up, only difference is with 365sport you can fast forward and miss the adverts. Just watched the Joshua/Klitsko(?) Fight for nothing. And at 4100baht for 12 months it seems to be the best value out there. Can I just say I am no way affilliated with IPTV-Club. :post-4641-1156694572:

The website doesn't seem to show which channels they broadcast !

5 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

The website doesn't seem to show which channels they show !

Yes you're correct, but I can't think of a program they don't have. You could always have the free trial and see?

Just now, vogie said:

Yes you're correct, but I can't think of a program they don't have. You could always have the free trial and see?

Many thanks for the info. I have just signed up for the free trial so will take it from there.

I have Expat TV and 365 .Emailed them this morning around 10 am and got a reply within minutes which basically said apologies... our techs are working on it.......... my thoughts, Not looking good at all

Archived