Thaiexpattv

jonesthepost

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, vogie said:

IPTV-Club has a 7 day catch up and is only 4,100baht per year.

Yes, but their shopping cart is not configured so it is impossible to sign up or pay. This does not inspire me with confidence, as previously mentioned.

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

Yes, but their shopping cart is not configured so it is impossible to sign up or pay. This does not inspire me with confidence, as previously mentioned.

There are 4 ways to pay, I had no trouble signing up. Very good set up, I can't say anymore really. Sorry its not working for you.

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Hopefully the missing channels will return later today.

I found BBC 2 on their earlier version 3.4.153. It's the one with the all black background. The program listing are there, but I haven't tried downloading.

47 minutes ago, tugman said:

Does anyone know of a similar paid for service that is easy to use and has catch up?

UKTV.webtv.to  is very similar to expattv, but FREE and its working.

regards Worgeordie

33 minutes ago, vogie said:

There are 4 ways to pay, I had no trouble signing up. Very good set up, I can't say anymore really. Sorry its not working for you.

Try it now. The link to their shop does not work. It leads to a shopping portal that has not been configured.

Still no access to ThaiExpatTV or 365SportTV this morning. Last time this happened was in November 2016. Services were back up the next morning. They are always very quick to respond to questions. Lack of response this time round is a concern. Let's hope it is only a temporary blip in services and not a permanent block on them being able to stream services. I did ask them if the UK Court ruling would have any impact on the streaming of their football channels,  at the time it was announced, and they said  "Our content provider has not indicated that this will affect the channels."  The ruling only seemed to refer to Kodi boxes. Given both ThaiExpatTV and 365SportTV are down would imply it is not related to the UK Court ruling?

7 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Expat or 365, or both, My message has gone from trying to find servers to loading  over the last 20 mins

My 365sport says 'loading' and ExpatPremium say 'trying to find servers' I have only a couple of months left with these people, will not be renewing my subs!

The BBC have announced they are going to introduce a password for Iplayer linked to your UK address if I understand it correctly.

They will check your details and confirm you have a TV Licence, of course if you have a colleague in the UK you could always use their TV Licence.

10:15: Service back with 15 channels (basic package as before minus BBC2/NHK/Sky News and probably some others I didn't notice).  Interface is a bit clunky so looks like a temporary fix of some kind.

For a service that's always been well run with super responsive support, their lack of public information this time was very surprising and I feared that they had fallen foul of some Authority or another - let's hope they get it back to normal soon.

10 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Expat back for me less many stations Aus TV ,CNN etc

Hopefully  its a start

Yeah same here. It's only showing 13 channels instead of the usual 40 or so channels. Their phone is switched off. Hopefully they haven't done a runner. Their office is in Sukhumvit Suites in Soi 13 but unsure whether it's just a brass plate registered office or a properly manned office. I might go have a look later if they haven't fixed things or made any announcements clarifying this debacle.

NBTC controls Internet TV boxes

BANGKOK, 12 May 2017 (NNT) - The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has imposed a regulation to classify Internet TV boxes as controlled equipment. 

The regulation requires producers and importers of Internet TV boxes, such as Media Box, Android Box, Apple TV Box, TV Stick, HDMI Dongle, and Chromecast to apply for permission from the NBTC in accordance with Section 70 of the NBTC Act B.E.2008. 

Penalties for those who produce, import or sell unauthorized Internet TV boxes include a maximum of two years in jail and/or a maximum fine of two million baht.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I've always been happy with Expat and, up till now, they've always responded promptly to any queries I've had.

I thought this might give a few people here a laugh though. This morning I received an email from Thai Expat suspending my account because of non payment. 

Firstly I actually paid them a few days ago, on the 9th (was actually due on the 8th), in BIC C, via Paysbuy, and had payment confirmation from them by email.  I know everybody can make a mistake but to confirm payment receipt, have their service crash, then, the following day suspend a service I can't receive is just taking the P##S a little bit.

Although they appear too busy to either answer peoples queries about the problem or simply send out a general update to inform their customers of the problems they're having, they obviously do have the time to send out inaccurate suspension notices.

I emailed them to query the suspension but, as yet, haven't had a reply.

As others have recently said, a basic service is now available again and I've just checked, at least that's working, it's not blocked for non payment.

Archived