Thaiexpattv

jonesthepost

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PMZ said:

The correct link is, below, they will be updating it but are travelling at present.

As I mentioned, this does not inspire me with confidence.

Anyone running any sort of online service should not go "travelling" unless everything is working perfectly. That's what I do anyway. And even when travelling I retain full access to my businesses and websites 24/7-365/365. To simply wander off leaving broken links is ridiculous and to me displays a complete lack of professionalism.

BBC 1, BBC 4, CBBC, CBeebies, ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, CH4, Film4, CH5, pick**, BBCNews, BBC World News

are up this morning. Missing from my package are:

BBC 2, E4, More 4, CNN, Y, NHK, SKY News, Australian TV

**pick is a new one, but doesn't make up for the missing channels. Happily surprised that some have all their package channels back, so maybe hope that I too will be in that happy position.

I too noticed the NBTC announcement last week, (or more ago) on Richard Barrow's twitter, but ThaiExpat TV wasn't included in the list.

Again, just a small notice on their website would be helpful, even if they are not sure of the specifics, as there is no one answering the phone. 

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Expat back for me less many stations Aus TV ,CNN etc

Hopefully  its a start

Yes, you are right. Looks like they've gone for good. They do have BBC News now which they didn't have before on the basic subscription- not to be confused with BBC World News.

2 hours ago, jamie2009 said:

The BBC have announced they are going to introduce a password for Iplayer linked to your UK address if I understand it correctly.

They will check your details and confirm you have a TV Licence, of course if you have a colleague in the UK you could always use their TV Licence.

Relevance to the matter under discussion?

I paid two years in advance to get the big discount, fortunately there is only six weeks before I pay again

it has always so far worked well for me and when traveling able to use it on my laptop even in India

I have always liked it and found it very affordable

I can't figure out what's going on. Like everyone else  I lost the service yesterday afternoon. I use a set-top box with cable connection from modem and to tv. However, later I fired up an old laptop to up-date it, and noticed an old icon on the desktop for UKTV, the fore-runner of Thai Expat tv. I clicked on it out of curiosity, and it worked! It carried the ThaiExpat logo, and linked to most of the channels normally on T-E, but also some others such as Al-Jazeera. It's not very user-friendly, but I watched a bit last night, and also used it to watch Sky News early this morning. The set-top box service has come back, with just the few channels, but I've just been able to play BBC2 on the laptop.

Bizarre!

Just now, JaseTheBass said:

You've obviously never used it, so give it a rest.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

You mean I never used FREE BBC Iplayer? I can post you screen shots of the streams right now.

But now I never used Expat TV, because I don't see why I should pay for something that is available for free.

Why should I give it a rest, is it against forum rules to inform people that something is available FOR FREE?

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

You mean I never used FREE BBC Iplayer? I can post you screen shots of the streams right now.

But now I never used Expat TV, because I don't see why I should pay for something that is available for free.

Why should I give it a rest, is it against forum rules to inform people that something is available FOR FREE?

Inform us all how you get it for free in Thailand, as I said before in the next few weeks it's going to be password protected in the coming weeks.

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

UKTV.webtv.to  is very similar to expattv, but FREE and its working.

regards Worgeordie

This is the same UKTV player that the original UKTV used before they merged with Thai Expat TV a few years ago. Expat continued to support this player as well as their own  on windows PC's until very recently, when they told customers everybody should change over to the Expat player. For those of us who continued to monitor the old system we found that (apart from some temporary closures that lasted a few days each time) it still worked. We also received various messages confirming its availability from Thai Expat, with added programming from other countries. I got the impression that it was still owned by Thai Expat but they (eventually) intended to run it as an independent system with the extra programming appealing to a wider audience in more countries. Today it still runs on the original UKTV player I installed several years ago and used via the Thai Expat platform when the aquired UKTV. The fact that UKTV.webtv.to runs successfully on the original player would suggest that Thai Expat TV at least has an interest in UKTV.webtv.to 

There was an also android version of the original UKTV player but that was discontinued quite a while ago.

Just now, jamie2009 said:

Inform us all how you get it for free in Thailand, as I said before in the next few weeks it's going to be password protected in the coming weeks.

BBC Iplayer is TODAY available for free on Kodi, the rumours about what MAY happen in the next few weeks, are not facts.

ALL UK channels are also available for FREE on plenty of other addons in Kodi, and will continue to be available even IF BBC Iplayer will be password protected.

bbc4.JPG.45d4fa3af8943cf2257183249ba5ec67.JPG

4 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

BBC Iplayer is TODAY available for free on Kodi, the rumours about what MAY happen in the next few weeks, are not facts.

ALL UK channels are also available for FREE on plenty of other addons in Kodi, and will continue to be available even IF BBC Iplayer will be password protected.

bbc4.JPG.45d4fa3af8943cf2257183249ba5ec67.JPG

Not rumour, fact which also means Kodi will be no good either.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=bbc+to+introduce+password+for+iplayer&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Just now, jamie2009 said:

Plenty of other addons on Kodi that stream the same, and many mor channels, as BBC Iplayer.

You may have noticed that the screen shot I posted is not from the BBC Iplayer addon

17 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

No it is not. However continually repeating the same information with the intention of winding up another member could be construed as trolling.

So I suggest that you cease doing so just in case.

From an IPTV down to Kodi will soon be finished. Absolute rubish about Kodi being finished as for the IPTV wow 24hrs without TV what am i going to do oh wheres my gun have to end my misery now. Get a grip people go out for a wzlk. Give the mrs/mr/boyfriend/girlfriend one. Sit outside and relax with a drink of your choice, listen to the night sky and all its wonderull strange noises.

8 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Out of ignorant curiosity, what is Thai expat TV, how does one obtain it, what does it cost and what sort of programming does it offer? (I do not watch sport at all).  Never heard of it until now and have Iived here several years.

Take a look at their website for such info www.thaiexpat.tv. You buy the box, connect it to the HDMI slot on your TV and to your wifi. Then you receive the selection of channels via internet streaming in your TV, and can view programs back 7 days.

9 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Out of ignorant curiosity, what is Thai expat TV, how does one obtain it, what does it cost and what sort of programming does it offer? (I do not watch sport at all).  Never heard of it until now and have Iived here several years.

Heres the link.      https://www.thaiexpat.tv

Archived