Body of owner of pickup truck used to make car bomb in Big C explosion found

snoop1130

Body of owner of pickup truck used to make car bomb in Big C explosion found

IMG_1355.jpg

Security forces have found the body of Mr Nuson Kachornkham, a canvas vendor whose pick-up truck was used to make a car bomb by suspected southern militants in the bomb attack of Big C superstore in Pattani province on Tuesday.

The body, thought to be Mr Nuson, was found near a klong in a field in Ban Koh Poh, Nong Chik district. It was not known how he was killed.

The victim was believed to have been lured by suspected militants to put up canvas in Nong Chik district, then killed and robbed of his truck which was used to carry ready-made improvised explosive device weighs making up of two gas cylinders to Big C superstore.

The IED was said to weigh about 100 kgs and was detonated with a transmitter.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/body-owner-pickup-truck-used-make-car-bomb-big-c-explosion-found/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-5-11

1 minute ago, saakura said:

What cowards, luring and killing an innocent man working to feed his family, all for the sake of religion.

I hear you, but in this case, isn't the "southern insurgency" about territory not Islam? They want their own autonomous area.

On 28th February the army found an 80 kilo gram bomb behind Baan Tawai Train Station, Thepha, Songkla province. The terrorists had also stolen a pickup.

The investigation found that. Inside the car, there were two 15-kilogram exploded gas tanks weighing 40 kilograms each, totaling about 80 kilograms and a gallon of 10 gallon fuel tanks.

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1A7lkGdfbxL7Pt3AOuOh93rZLMH2m.jpg.f573e6abdb3a44b3c88a9953429e1dbd.jpg

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/car-bomb-found-defused-near-bpp-base-thepa-district/

Thepa.jpg

6 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I hear you, but in this case, isn't the "southern insurgency" about territory not Islam? They want their own autonomous area.

Ok fine. I thought they wanted an autonomous area because they were Pattani muslims and did not want to be associated with Buddhist Thailand. Because i do not see muslims either ill treated or in any way discriminated against in thailand.

5 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

It's religion related, as they want to establish Pattani Darussalam, which would be a Malay Islamic State. Muslims not accepting rule from a non-Muslim etc..... think Jakarta 

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

You are right,  but in those cases isn't the "southern insurgency about territory"   only because they want Muslims laws not Buddhists one, so one could hardly say not (because of) Islam? 

2 hours ago, saakura said:

Ok fine. I thought they wanted an autonomous area because they were Pattani muslims and did not want to be associated with Buddhist Thailand. Because i do not see muslims either ill treated or in any way discriminated against in thailand.

Plain and simple if you are not a Muslim you are a infidel. 

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

With all respect to you, as soon as a group hurts innocent people they lose any legitimacy they may have had.  In other words, who cares about their cause.  

3 minutes ago, JAG said:

This is getting worrying  There is a risk that if this sort of thing continues troops may have to be redeployed from the campaign against E cigarettes......

Had you also considered the PTSD among the troops deployed in that long campaign against the Dhammachaiyodingdong?

5 minutes ago, akirasan said:

With all respect to you, as soon as a group hurts innocent people they lose any legitimacy they may have had.  In other words, who cares about their cause.  

Indeed, try telling that to the Red Shirt leaders.

Just now, ratcatcher said:

Had you also considered the PTSD among the troops deployed in that long campaign against the Dhammachaiyodingdong?

I believe that they are being rested before being committed to duties at the new waste recycling plant at Kanchanaburi which has just been opened by 1 Div

Always a bit of a juggling act fighting a war on several fronts, just look at the problems the Germans had in 1945....

13 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

They have links to ISIS. About 6 years ago the muslims started to chase Buddhist away in certain villages. There are now muslim only villages in the south. If you research the reasons for the war one other reason is the moral issue of drinking and prostitution. The muslims view the Buddhist Thai's as corrupting their people by allowing bars and brothels. So on the surface they are pretending that its about land but deeper down it is about muslims vs the rest.

14 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

....which was taken from them about 100 years ago.

12 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Dont forget the legions of cyber-security troops tasked with monitoring FB 'likes'. 

The best way to end the southern insurgencies is not to send it troops.. It will only create more violent.. 

So they want a Autonomous regions with Sharia Law just because they assume that they are the majority there?

The government should solve the problem by:

Encouraging migration to the region with incentives for people to move and set up business there. Fill the area with Non-islam who will act as eyes and ears for the community and reduce the percentage of radicals in the area.  

6 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

the disturbing thing (among many) is how easy this all was; and the huge damage and the desired publicity

Those junk don't count success by the numbers of people killed. But rather, they view success by how big the news get. 

19 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Yes....but radical, repeat radical, Muslims do not want any other form of any religion in their territory.

Saudi Arabia is the biggest exporter of religious bile with their Wahabi Sunni fiercely puritanical sect. They wipe out any other sect including the Sufi's who they despise. 

As for Christians? We are on that list too. 

They recently gave Bangladesh 1 billion for Mosques to be built....for their Wahhabism sect.

WIKI; The Saudi government has spent tens of billions of dollars of its petroleum export revenue throughout the Islamic world and elsewhere on building mosques, publishing books, giving scholarships and fellowships,[4] hosting international Islamic organisations, and promoting its form of Islam, sometimes referred to as "petro-Islam"

So even though it starts as territory the radicals will then turn their attention to those they despise....which is everyone but themselves.

It's religion related, as they want to establish Pattani Darussalam, which would be a Malay Islamic State. Muslims not accepting rule from a non-Muslim etc..... think Jakarta 

The border crossed them due to the British trying to appease Thai aggression.

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

On 11/05/2017 at 3:08 PM, saakura said:

No. They do not wish to be occupied by a foreign power. 

Those who who killed this man are scum, they are nothing but human filth. 

However you are wrong to portray this conflict as a religious one at its root cause. 

Archived