BANGKOK 18 February 2019 13:51

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

Body of owner of pickup truck used to make car bomb in Big C explosion found

13 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I hear you, but in this case, isn't the "southern insurgency" about territory not Islam? They want their own autonomous area.

They have links to ISIS. About 6 years ago the muslims started to chase Buddhist away in certain villages. There are now muslim only villages in the south. If you research the reasons for the war one other reason is the moral issue of drinking and prostitution. The muslims view the Buddhist Thai's as corrupting their people by allowing bars and brothels. So on the surface they are pretending that its about land but deeper down it is about muslims vs the rest.

Just about all the present problems in the world today are being caused by men under severe life immaturity matter syndrome !

14 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I hear you, but in this case, isn't the "southern insurgency" about territory not Islam? They want their own autonomous area.

....which was taken from them about 100 years ago.

12 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Had you also considered the PTSD among the troops deployed in that long campaign against the Dhammachaiyodingdong?

Dont forget the legions of cyber-security troops tasked with monitoring FB 'likes'. 

The best way to end the southern insurgencies is not to send it troops.. It will only create more violent.. 

So they want a Autonomous regions with Sharia Law just because they assume that they are the majority there?

The government should solve the problem by:

Encouraging migration to the region with incentives for people to move and set up business there. Fill the area with Non-islam who will act as eyes and ears for the community and reduce the percentage of radicals in the area.  

12 hours ago, USPatriot said:

Plain and simple if you are not a Muslim you are a infidel. 

and all americans are <deleted>...

the disturbing thing (among many) is how easy this all was; and the huge damage and the desired publicity

6 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

the disturbing thing (among many) is how easy this all was; and the huge damage and the desired publicity

Those junk don't count success by the numbers of people killed. But rather, they view success by how big the news get. 

19 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Yes....but radical, repeat radical, Muslims do not want any other form of any religion in their territory.

Saudi Arabia is the biggest exporter of religious bile with their Wahabi Sunni fiercely puritanical sect. They wipe out any other sect including the Sufi's who they despise. 

As for Christians? We are on that list too. 

They recently gave Bangladesh 1 billion for Mosques to be built....for their Wahhabism sect.

WIKI; The Saudi government has spent tens of billions of dollars of its petroleum export revenue throughout the Islamic world and elsewhere on building mosques, publishing books, giving scholarships and fellowships,[4] hosting international Islamic organisations, and promoting its form of Islam, sometimes referred to as "petro-Islam"

So even though it starts as territory the radicals will then turn their attention to those they despise....which is everyone but themselves.

It's religion related, as they want to establish Pattani Darussalam, which would be a Malay Islamic State. Muslims not accepting rule from a non-Muslim etc..... think Jakarta 

The border crossed them due to the British trying to appease Thai aggression.

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

Dam_n but the title needs some work.

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

Only a matter of time before the tourist ministry will be out in force after a bomb kills 50 or so foreigners in an area NOT in the south.

On 11/05/2017 at 3:08 PM, saakura said:

Ok fine. I thought they wanted an autonomous area because they were Pattani muslims and did not want to be associated with Buddhist Thailand. Because i do not see muslims either ill treated or in any way discriminated against in thailand.

No. They do not wish to be occupied by a foreign power. 

Those who who killed this man are scum, they are nothing but human filth. 

However you are wrong to portray this conflict as a religious one at its root cause.