Mystery surrounds death of British pensioner found floating in Nan River in Phitsanulok

webfact

58 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

Regardless of this speculation, going solo and hiring your "fun" by the hour give you many added stress free years of life in Thailand.

Why guys need to be married here is beyond me.

Maybe they cant look after themself or cant stand being alone?

I dont think my ex would have had the cajoulies to off me, but for sure i would have run out of money years ago if id kept her

Deleted - wrong thread to get involved in a discussion about those who need to be in a relationship, and those who don't have the same need.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several "troll" style posts removed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

7 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Does he have an insurance policy with the wife as recipient?

Awhile ago, a farang was talking to a Thai lawyer about changing his insurance policy.  Prior, it had benefited his Thai wife, but he was seeing about changing it to benefit his daughter from a previous marriage.  The farang's wife went out for a full day's shopping in a town, 40 minutes away.  During that time, a Thai man forcefully entered the farang's house and killed him.  The wife came home and immediately picked out a bunch of paper receipts from her pocketbook, proving she was far away all day.  Cops called it suicide.  

Another story:  a farang was arguing with his Thai wife about splitting up.  He went out on his motorbike one evening to 'buy beer.'   He died on that trip.  The wife conveniently got the high-value house and 50 room guest house which the farang had bought in her name.

There are over 3,000 stories like that.   Connect the dots.

There are eight million stories in the naked city. This has been one of them.

38 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Suicide or accident ? I don't know !! and neither does anyone else on here !!

So, RIP Trevor , I hope you are in a better place .

You forgot that along with suicide or accident there is another possibility - murder.

But we will never know - it will be another in the long line of farang deaths under odd circumstances.

6 minutes ago, Usernames said:

There are eight million stories in the naked city. This has been one of them.

The unfortunate part is that so many of us are left wondering as we've read FAR too many weird stories about farang 'suicides and accidents' :sad:.

There are rarely 'follow up' stories in these obviously suspicious deaths, so we're left to assume that there has been zero investigation - and the immediate conclusion of suicide/accident has concluded the matter.

21 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The unfortunate part is that so many of us are left wondering as we've read FAR too many weird stories about farang 'suicides and accidents' :sad:.

There are rarely 'follow up' stories in these obviously suspicious deaths, so we're left to assume that there has been zero investigation - and the immediate conclusion of suicide/accident has concluded the matter.

So in the void of no information you assume the worst and fill in the blanks with your imagination?

Im starting to understand what powers the 'falang death tinfoil factory' in Thailand ....along with certain falang believing every word written by the thai media.

if its true what was said about his pension, I think to use it as an excuse for suicide

is beyond belief. He chose how he was going to spend his life, so blaming the UK government

is not acceptable.

I knew Trevor, although I had not seen him for a while.

As far as I was aware, he had no financial worries and his wife was gonna be well taken care of after his death. 

To be fair, having met his wife a couple of times, I would've jumped in the river a long time ago. She's a nasty vindictive piece of work. However; this was not his style.

Anyone who knew him would tell you that to suggest he had a bit of spare is absolutely ludicrous. And this coming from his wife's family.

Draw your own conclusions

RIP my friend

3 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

I knew Trevor, although I had not seen him for a while.

As far as I was aware, he had no financial worries and his wife was gonna be well taken care of after his death. 

To be fair, having met his wife a couple of times, I would've jumped in the river a long time ago. She's a nasty vindictive piece of work. However; this was not his style.

Anyone who knew him would tell you that to suggest he had a bit of spare is absolutely ludicrous. And this coming from his wife's family.

Draw your own conclusions

RIP my friend

Thanks for adding that insight to the subject at hand.

1 hour ago, onthesoi said:

So in the void of no information you assume the worst and fill in the blanks with your imagination?

Im starting to understand what powers the 'falang death tinfoil factory' in Thailand ....along with certain falang believing every word written by the thai media.

I think that the police assuming suicide in  "the void of no information" is as much to blame as anything, and the last couple of days has seen instances where the police are at least making statements where they are not assuming anything until they have more evidence. A step forward in the right direction, possibly?

10 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

You have absolutely no clue about this person or this case at all but that doesn't stop you jumping on here to claim - oh yes case closed. And another prat quickly jumps in to 2nd your quackery, bingo.

You need to explain the red marks on the arm and the missing car before you post up any case closed malarky. Yeesh.

I think he might have been sarcastic.

If you rob a mark it won't look like the suicide you were paid for.   Its All just speculation at this time.  But sad and frightening no matter why.   If LOS causes so many cases like this?  Is it more as a % than expats home countries?

One would suggest looking in parking areas near bridges upstream from where he was found.  Sorry to read of his death but glad they mentioned his name. Have a friend from near there who I cannot contact and was getting concerned it might have been him when I saw the headlines.  R.I.P.

Why wouldn't you read beyond the headlines before contacting your friend? Then you would have known it wasn't your friend in the river.

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Regardless, Thais have no idea about the UK and money. A friend of mines wife wants him to go back to England and send her 100,000 a month. She will not accept that this is an unrealistic amount and she continuously calls him lazy for not doing it. She is seriously convinced that we can all earn half a million a month easily!

RIP Trev sad to see another British life removed.

Darksidedog

100,000 a month which would make her one of the top earners in this neck of the woods, tell your friend to go as its ok over here as I found out, but send naff all back. Keep an eye on him.

5 hours ago, saakura said:

What if he was drugged before being thrown into the river?

What if he was abducted by aliens before being dropped in the river?

Just as sensible a speculation as 95% of the others on this thread.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

they are working on several theories - suicide, accident or foul play.

That's called progress in Thailand. 

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Police are ... working on several theories - suicide, accident or foul play.

Well, there can't be many left. But at least it's not suicide ... yet.

And the British government hasn't made any recent changes to the way the pension is paid.

2 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Speculation only that triple lock on pensions will change, but if he lived here over 10 years he hasn't had any increase since he left in the State pension. I expect it was the exchange rate that has found him short with a greedy wife like that.

RIP

And a possibility that the long-evaded annual increases will see the light of other retirees' days.

On 5/12/2017 at 7:09 AM, chrisinth said:

Keep them guessing Trevor, that was always your style.

You don't really appreciate sensationalism until it is directed at someone you know (or have known) I have known Trevor and his wife for 18+ years and to even put the above clip in an article is ludicrous. The only thing true about it is the 'arguing frequently' bit; it was like a game between them.

RIP buddy.

Sorry you lost a friend in such a way. And the speculation.

I know about the "arguing game". My GF and I play it. Seems to draw us closer together, because we learn more about each other.

RIP, Trevor.

Archived