BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Phuket hospital hits back over UK claims they put money first after tourist's motorbike accident

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:15 PM, stevenl said:

Was he wearing a helmet and was the driver riding with valid motorbike DL? If 'no' to one or both of those questions, that is a valid reason not to pay.

My Bupa policy states that the driver has to have a valid license and insurance and the passengers wearing skidlids.

1 hour ago, GuiseppeD said:

My Bupa policy states that the driver has to have a valid license and insurance and the passengers wearing skidlids.

As would any policy worth its salt

On 12/05/2017 at 10:49 PM, diehard60 said:

just because it is normal here does that make it good practice? just saying.

Nothing is normal here except corruption and liars

On 12/05/2017 at 11:21 AM, darksidedog said:

I agree with you about the mother, and you are correct, the first 72 hours is supposed to be free anywhere.

Two accidents in 3 weeks is very bad luck, though this one can't be blamed on him, regardless of how the first one happened.

My point however was that a bike is the sole means of transport for a vast number of the population. Whether a local or a tourist. this is how people get around here.

The travel insurance was for a trip to Thailand and the insurance company must have been aware of this.

The situation in the UK is obviously very different and most people have  a car.

Where I live, I can find a motor bike taxi easy enough, but an actual taxi is not likely. And I like many others try not to use the taxis anyway, as I don't like bad manners, bad driving and being overcharged.

So instead of facing bad manners you prefer to face broken limbs and head trauma? Just because locals do it doesn't make it right or smart, I can see why they wouldn't pay up, in the PDS it clearly states your not covered from risky behaviour and 2 motorcycle accidents in a week is an indication of risky behaviour. Having seen motorbike taxis at their ranks drinking Singha I don't catch them.