Maybe another reason to avoid Red Bull! - Australian expert says it can give you a heart attack

webfact

Maybe another reason to avoid Red Bull! - Australian expert says it can give you a heart attack

3am.jpg

Picture: Manger

BANGKOK: -- Reports coming out of Australia and reported in the UK press claim that consuming two cans of "Red Bull" energy drink could give certain people a heart attack.

Such energy drinks are widely available under many brand names in Thailand including "Krathing Daeng" (translated as red bull) that was he forerunner for the internationally famous brand registered in Austria, reported Manager.

The Sun newspaper in England quoted an expert in molecular cardiology in Australia as saying that consuming two cans or 500 milliliters of Red Bull could pose a risk of heart attack to one in five people who are not aware of a heart condition caused by problems with electrical impulses.

The condition is called Long Q-T Syndrome and affects one in 2000 people in Australia according to Christopher Semsarian at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and Centenary Institute.

People with LQTS are very unlikely to be aware they have the condition because symptoms are so minor.

But consuming energy drinks like Red Bull of as little as two cans can cause heart attacks according to a study, reported The Sun.

The news will be of interest to many people in Thailand following the case of fugitive Red Bull heir Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya wanted in the death of a policeman in Thong Lor in 2012.

Some people especially online have called for a boycott of the energy drink after Boss repeatedly failed to show up for police questioning.

After reportedly flying to Singapore last week his whereabouts are unknown.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-12

It's been known for years that Red Bull is a stimulant and bad for health.

One, if not more, countries, have banned the sale of the product because it is dangerous to people's health.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I have heart disease and was told by my cardiologist a long time ago to keep away from Red Bull and I guess all the other newer "energy" drinks.

If you have heart problems keep away from these types of frinks.

Mind you, a couple of coffees are supposed to be good for the heart.

2 hours ago, tonray said:

I believe coffee has more caffeine than Red Bull. Not sure what else is in it which could cause heart attack. 

The other "main" additive is Taurine which according to the internet it seems they don't know too much about but have concerns......

3 hours ago, tonray said:

I believe coffee has more caffeine than Red Bull. Not sure what else is in it which could cause heart attack. 

Like most energy type drinks the main ingredients would be caffeine ,glucose.sucrose,taurine(amino sulfonic acid),vitamin b and water.The main part of the "energy" come from the drinker believing the hype .

Did the world just travel back in time? Its been known since day one of these drinks of the potential i thought and thought that was the driving force to fame. Theres been kids dropping dead at sporting events straight after drinking them and such yet never had any medical conditions. Im no doctor but sure such things play some part.

I find i work hard for a day after a couple then the next days after i get tired, sleepy and couple drink buckets of the stuff wouldnt counter act that lazy feeling. Seems a stimulant for those that never drink the stuff but when you do for a while.... Good night or perhaps Good bye as the story indicates.

2 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Old news some Scandinavian Countries banned this drink Years ago, It helped cause death from heart attacks and palpitations.

They are no longer banned, fyi, but only a few of the local asian shops have the M-150  drink, probably not really legal but... 

I have seen now many cases in rural Thailand when 50+ year of age men are having an energy drink sponsor, Red Bull M150 etc and a coffee in close times of each other and having a stroke. It has happened to many times to rule out that it was a direct result.

2 hours ago, topt said:

The other "main" additive is Taurine which according to the internet it seems they don't know too much about but have concerns......

Taurine is an amino acid...not harmful. 

I think it may have something to do with the fact that the typical drinker of this stuff are also heavy smokers and likely get about 2 hours sleep a night...all things that can contribute to a heart attack. When I see some of the moto taxi guys, they look like they don't know who will get there first, their next fare or the grim reaper.

4 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Old news some Scandinavian Countries banned this drink Years ago, It helped cause death from heart attacks and palpitations.

The main reason I heard that it was banned  is people were mixing it with Vodka and other alcohol , with the taurine causing the stimulating affect to go strait to the brain causing you to be really high but still awake. People thought they could still drive.

https://authoritynutrition.com/energy-drinks/?utm_medium=standard&utm_source=notification

Walk into any gas station and you'll see rows and rows of 5 Hour Energy drinks staring back at you...

These little "shots" promise to give you a midday pick-me-up so that you're not so sluggish.

But an investigation from the New York Times shows these drinks might not be as harmless as we thought...

A recent report by the NY Times using data from the FDA shows that 5 Hour Energy was cited as possibly being involved in 13 death reports from 2009-2012.

But it doesn't stop there...

According to the Times, 5 Hour Energy was also cited in at least 30 mentionings with the FDA that involve serious or life-threatening injuries like heart attacks, convulsions and even a spontaneous abortion!

Think about that...

Even if some of these cases were freak accidents, there's still enough evidence here to be cause for concern.

Do you really think a mega-dose of caffeine, taurine and sucralose could be good for your heart?

Probably not.

And that's really the BIG problem with drinks like 5 Hour Energy, Red Bull and Monster...

Written in the UK Sun Newspaper, just like the mirror they print anything to try and sell the dying brand.

But

Tried it a few times and it did not give me wings it did give me really bad indigestion and thought last time it was a heart attack I was having, so who knows it could be true and that is a first for the Sun

58 minutes ago, MuntyC0re said:

what about coffee? i think the difference only in caffeine concentration

Thanks for reminding me as I drink the stuff by the gallon, so that needs adjusting from right now. probably the answer I was looking for.

Archived