BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Maybe another reason to avoid Red Bull! - Australian expert says it can give you a heart attack

Maybe another reason to avoid Red Bull! - Australian expert says it can give you a heart attack

3am.jpg

Picture: Manger

BANGKOK: -- Reports coming out of Australia and reported in the UK press claim that consuming two cans of "Red Bull" energy drink could give certain people a heart attack.

Such energy drinks are widely available under many brand names in Thailand including "Krathing Daeng" (translated as red bull) that was he forerunner for the internationally famous brand registered in Austria, reported Manager.

The Sun newspaper in England quoted an expert in molecular cardiology in Australia as saying that consuming two cans or 500 milliliters of Red Bull could pose a risk of heart attack to one in five people who are not aware of a heart condition caused by problems with electrical impulses.

The condition is called Long Q-T Syndrome and affects one in 2000 people in Australia according to Christopher Semsarian at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and Centenary Institute.

People with LQTS are very unlikely to be aware they have the condition because symptoms are so minor.

But consuming energy drinks like Red Bull of as little as two cans can cause heart attacks according to a study, reported The Sun.

The news will be of interest to many people in Thailand following the case of fugitive Red Bull heir Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya wanted in the death of a policeman in Thong Lor in 2012.

Some people especially online have called for a boycott of the energy drink after Boss repeatedly failed to show up for police questioning.

After reportedly flying to Singapore last week his whereabouts are unknown.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-12

I believe coffee has more caffeine than Red Bull. Not sure what else is in it which could cause heart attack. 

So, what the experts are saying is that Red Bull gives you angels wings. Sometimes angels use those wings to flee the scene of a crime.

It's been known for years that Red Bull is a stimulant and bad for health.

One, if not more, countries, have banned the sale of the product because it is dangerous to people's health.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Stimulants can cause heart problems....whoodathunk

Every 2 cans of RB consumed puts money in Boss's pocket. That much we do know for sure. You don't need a health reason to avoid the stuff.

Old news some Scandinavian Countries banned this drink Years ago, It helped cause death from heart attacks and palpitations.

I have heart disease and was told by my cardiologist a long time ago to keep away from Red Bull and I guess all the other newer "energy" drinks.

If you have heart problems keep away from these types of frinks.

Mind you, a couple of coffees are supposed to be good for the heart.

2 hours ago, tonray said:

I believe coffee has more caffeine than Red Bull. Not sure what else is in it which could cause heart attack. 

The other "main" additive is Taurine which according to the internet it seems they don't know too much about but have concerns......

1 minute ago, topt said:

The other "main" additive is Taurine which according to the internet it seems they don't know too much about but have concerns......

Ta-urine?

Anyone had vodka redbull b4? Gets you wasted and then you can' t sleep.... grrr 

3 hours ago, tonray said:

Like most energy type drinks the main ingredients would be caffeine ,glucose.sucrose,taurine(amino sulfonic acid),vitamin b and water.The main part of the "energy" come from the drinker believing the hype .

My gardener who is 60+ lean and fit after a lifetime of physical work used to knoock back two bottles a day M50 or Red bull then a month ago he had a heart attack, was in hospital and recovered but now 'on the wagon'