Motorbike driving license age

al007

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

As have said thread a bit off Thai DL age now. :smile:

l'll conclude with this where we live you take a bike over 5 year to a testing station,  they check bike over thoroughly  :laugh:  well,  then you can get CTPL insurance from them if you haven't already acquired it.

Then it's off to province DLT office for the road tax disc,  the bike does not need to be inspected by the DLT office that only happens when you change owners.

Same for cars but 7 years old. 

Here in Pattaya last 10 years, I take it to a testing station bike/car whether it is within or over 5 years to a testing station which there are many in Pattaya, tell them insurance and tax next day pick up everything. Never had to go down to a office

In Pattaya instead of going to the DLT to get tax, you can go to
BIG C south on Saturdays 9am to 3pm where they set up a mini DLT desk to issue tax disk and update tax payment record in green/blue book....They sometimes for various reasons dont show up , and remember you have to have the compulsory insurance certificate (and roadworthness certificate if applicable)
before they will will give tax disc.

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Here in Pattaya last 10 years, I take it to a testing station bike/car whether it is within or over 5 years to a testing station which there are many in Pattaya, tell them insurance and tax next day pick up everything. Never had to go down to a office

Yeah with the scoot l can do the same locally 540 all in and l got a soup bowl last time with a sticker for the road tax disc. :thumbsup:

Can't do same with car or Versys here though but no problem.

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah with the scoot l can do the same locally 540 all in and l got a soup bowl last time with a sticker for the road tax disc. :thumbsup:

Can't do same with car or Versys here though but no problem.

In Pattaya, as noted, I done this for all my bikes and one car which is over 5 years old. They stick the rod in the tailpipe, roll the vehicle back and forth on the metal rollers and take a photo. Next day I come back to pick up the new sticker and insurance same as the motorbike.

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

In Pattaya, as noted, I done this for all my bikes and one car which is over 5 years old. They stick the rod in the tailpipe, roll the vehicle back and forth on the metal rollers and take a photo. Next day I come back to pick up the new sticker and insurance same as the motorbike.

Just saying 7 year for car check which you probably know.

Here in Suk is very casual, this year the car just brake test and updated picture.

My Versys they won't touch, just picture and number rub,  for the emissions rod check he put it in his own wave bike exhaust. :biggrin:

Archived