Moving to Rayong. Need some advice please.

gojuken

On 5/14/2017 at 1:31 PM, gojuken said:

Thanks a lot to banchang, steve187 and Lenny W.

Decision made : banchang it is!

Should any of you guys know of a reasonably priced but quiet and comfortable apt/condo, please let me know at your earliest so I can view/book.

Again, thanks for spending your time helping me out.

Hope we meet!

If you are not staying long term, you might want to consider the Chang SOVA hotel. They may offer weekly or monthly rates. As it is, it is a bargain at 550 baht per night and exactly where you want to be for night life. The Camel restaurant is next door and for the best simple food, Beavers is just up the street and not far. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2017 at 3:02 AM, bangkokairportlink said:

why so many bars and expats at Ban Chang ?

Let's not call it to the attention of the Thai Police, They will start doing as they are doing in Pattaya, and the bars won't be as fun........

I rent an apartment at Siri Apartments......... 4000 baht/month (plus 4000 deposit)..... It is 2 minute walk to the bars........ A real nice place to stay..........

Next to it is Sunni Apartments/short time rooms...... 500 per night --- maybe 6000 a month (not sure)...........

Ban Chang Grand Hotel is just opposite the Sunni Apt. and it is 400 per night............

Ban Chang is lovely....... Like Pattaya was 30 years ago...

The Bar road is the road that leads off from Main Route #3, The Sukhumvit Road.  Ban Chang only has 2 'signal lights' and the bar road is the road at the western most of the 2 signals (it is a T-intersection, 3-way) (The other signal light is a 4-way)

I live in the US but spend every other month in Thailand. I have a home in Pattaya but keep this room at the Siri Apt just because it is so cheap and when I am in Thailand I like to go to Ban Chang sometimes........ I let this little 27 year old lesbian/'BI' girl stay in my room when I am not there (which is much of the time) and she could probably help you learn your way around........ 

I am leaving to Thailand June 6 so will be there soon, any way I can help.... let me know........

I'm sure you will like Ban Chang much better than the other locations.............

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone! I am new in Rayong and will be here for 4 months for work here. May I know where is the nice place for drinks and maybe with company of girl? I am currently staying at around Rayong Central near to Tesco Lotus, thus prefer somewhere around the area or little bit further. 

Many thanks in advance

Archived