BANGKOK 19 April 2019 05:34

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oilinki

No sugar, no longer hungry - experimenting myself

I used to be lean fit person. I did a lot of exercise when I was younger. To the point I throwed up.

I used to travel a lot. Life was so exciting that I eat very little, only when it was necessary.

Things have changed. I have become fat and lazy. Not something I wish to be.

I still haven't started to do sports, which is my aim. I however tried the atkins died. Not the purist way, but in simplified way. I dropped all the unnecessary carbs from my diet. Rice, bread, noodles. 

The biggest change for me was that I wasn't anymore hungry all the time. I simply didn't want to eat all the time, like I did before. I lost the grave for snacks, which I had before. My reducing stomach belly agress.

I'm not saying this is the way to get rid off extra weight for everybody. I say this is potentially life changing change for few of us.

So what was you eating everyday?
Can you give some examples please

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just now, juice777 said:

So what was you eating everyday?
Can you give some examples please

I ate mostly fatty foods. I ate deep fried pork and grilled chicken.

Both which made me feel filled for a long time.

I also bought a bag of salad, which I haven't eaten yet. It's my emergency food, waiting to be used, when the time is right.

This is the change I feel in my personal life.

But if you eat mostly fatty foods is that not bad for your heart?

Probably not a good ideal for me because there is a history of heart disease in my family.

But I am thinking of cutting out carbs. But I struggle to find reasonable price meals what are not to much trouble to cook and what I like, Especially in Thailand

7 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I also bought a bag of salad, which I haven't eaten yet. It's my emergency food, waiting to be used, when the time is right.

lol...you should eat that stuff with the fatty meats as it provides fibre and helps you shit better.

sugar is the no.1 enemy …it is in everything processed….

7 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

lol...you should eat that stuff with the fatty meats as it provides fibre and helps you shit better.

I guess you have been a think person for all of your life.

For us, who get fat much easily, it's not that easy.

I guess we stress more and gain weight when we stress, more.

17 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Probably not a good ideal for me because there is a history of heart disease in my family.

But I am thinking of cutting out carbs. But I struggle to find reasonable price meals what are not to much trouble to cook and what I like, Especially in Thailand

I'm with you when thinking of the food prices.

However I think it's useful to be honest. 

There is no reason to be with the sugar mentors, when it comes to ones health.

On 5/15/2017 at 7:12 PM, juice777 said:

Read here: https://www.dietdoctor.com/

Nobody sane advocates cutting out all carbs. "Penny wise and pound foolish." So eat salads & never cook. Load up a bag for 3 days at a salad bar if you're too lazy to cut, besides cook. Sorted!

I guess we all have different ways to stick up to our diet. Fatty foods and chicken in a regular basis tends to be bad for health since its loaded with sodium, fat and cholesterol. Well, bad cholesterol can lead to heart attack, stroke and coronary artery disease that's why its really important to watch our food choices to help prevent any health complications.

whatever you do - don't go the gluten-free way (unless of course you are a Celiacee)

I went from a 102kg, down to 73kg, over an 18 month period

The 1st was the Salt - which I totally changed over to pepper and chillies

Stopped the 2 Tspoons of sugar in every Tea, and now I can actually taste the tea itself

Bread - at fist I changed to wholemeal, but lately I have skipped over to Cafe Raisin (which I found out was great via eating jai foods)

With coffee, which even today means about 6~8 cuppas - I now keep to the black in a single serve dunk bag

( I use that one bag, in a plunger pot, and that one bag is now used to make all 8 cuppas) very efficient, and I can sleep better now too!!

No more takeaway -  but I now oven bake my potatoes for making chips, that used to be deep fry done in my 'previous life'

I follow anything that is anti-monsanto

which means that normal whole eggs, milk, bread, are in everyday diet

Drink the 2 liters water daily, but also add unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a lot of my water

oh yeah! i also abide by B17, D3,

and of late - CQ10 (If I am going to have cholesterol in me, it's going to be the good HDL type)

Years back, when I decided to cut down on the fatty foods, I found a very good way to keep focussed on it - I used Xenical  

If you have ever tried Xenical, you know what I mean :partytime2:  - especially if you relapse and return to the fat food...

On 29.05.2017 at 2:12 PM, tifino said:

Drink the 2 liters water daily, but also add unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a lot of my water

How does vineger help?

On 29.05.2017 at 2:12 PM, tifino said:

I have watched diabetes ravage my family,  I am now getting it bad. I just want to tell all sugar is poison believe me I watched legs coming off, it is real. Good luck to all of you!  God bless

7 hours ago, rascalman said:

I have watched diabetes ravage my family,  I am now getting it bad. I just want to tell all sugar is poison believe me I watched legs coming off, it is real. Good luck to all of you!  God bless

Just curious.. you have seen it getting to your family why did you not take care of yourself then ?

My brother seems to have caught it and he refuses to change his diet as much as is required. He seems to think popping pils is all that is needed.