BANGKOK 26 April 2019 06:42

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oilinki

No sugar, no longer hungry - experimenting myself

On 29-5-2017 at 0:50 PM, CharmaineFuentes said:

I guess we all have different ways to stick up to our diet. Fatty foods and chicken in a regular basis tends to be bad for health since its loaded with sodium, fat and cholesterol. Well, bad cholesterol can lead to heart attack, stroke and coronary artery disease that's why its really important to watch our food choices to help prevent any health complications.

THey dont agree yet about cholesterol being a killer. Just 1 man made the conclusion and ever since then its followed.

Fat isnt bad they say now again, only in overdose. Salt you should take care with that, as even sugar.

I have high cholesterol by myself, gene related, But you can bring it down by having kurkuma.

First i had tablets with statines, but seems those "medicines" give you in the long run, allzheimer, diabetic and crumbles down your muscle

so you cant walk anymore and that one goes faster. They already found out about that, but still you have your prescriptions by doctors.

It also breaks down the Q10 coenzym in your body ,  a very important anti oxidant and more.  

I just take 1 capsule kurkuma 600mg /day and as im with doctor for this, i saw the results in blood. I had 7.5 in triglycerides (the so called bad ones) and got down to 2.6, never the less some higher still, as it should be, medically, in between 0-2.

Kurkuma is from a root of a plant and used in Indian curries, so Indians never have high cholesterol??  

Also kurkuma has lots of positive workings on other issues, like Alzheimer, tumor growing, cancer and infections.

They also mention red rice yeast, however i red that contains the natural statines (luvostatine) and im not sure about statines anymore.

I dont know about kurkuma, as i still didnt find wether there is  statine in it. Maybe also natural statines?

Statines are in the top 3 most sold medicines, so important for farmaceutical companies, however for you?

It gets down your triglycerids, but in return you slowly die. 

Ill never never never ever go back to chem statines, rather have high triglycerids. BUT it seems kurkuma is working !

Mother nature can brings us way more then sometimes generated. 

1 hour ago, xtrnuno41 said:

THey dont agree yet about cholesterol being a killer. Just 1 man made the conclusion and ever since then its followed.

Fat isnt bad they say now again, only in overdose. Salt you should take care with that, as even sugar.

I have high cholesterol by myself, gene related, But you can bring it down by having kurkuma.

First i had tablets with statines, but seems those "medicines" give you in the long run, allzheimer, diabetic and crumbles down your muscle

so you cant walk anymore and that one goes faster. They already found out about that, but still you have your prescriptions by doctors.

It also breaks down the Q10 coenzym in your body ,  a very important anti oxidant and more.  

I just take 1 capsule kurkuma 600mg /day and as im with doctor for this, i saw the results in blood. I had 7.5 in triglycerides (the so called bad ones) and got down to 2.6, never the less some higher still, as it should be, medically, in between 0-2.

Kurkuma is from a root of a plant and used in Indian curries, so Indians never have high cholesterol??  

Also kurkuma has lots of positive workings on other issues, like Alzheimer, tumor growing, cancer and infections.

They also mention red rice yeast, however i red that contains the natural statines (luvostatine) and im not sure about statines anymore.

I dont know about kurkuma, as i still didnt find wether there is  statine in it. Maybe also natural statines?

Statines are in the top 3 most sold medicines, so important for farmaceutical companies, however for you?

It gets down your triglycerids, but in return you slowly die. 

Ill never never never ever go back to chem statines, rather have high triglycerids. BUT it seems kurkuma is working !

Mother nature can brings us way more then sometimes generated. 

AKA "curcumin", as in turmeric curcumin.  I've been taking this for years.  Had colitis, was on prescribed meds for it; at some point I started taking turmeric curcumin and, whether this is the reason or not, I'm off the colitis meds and have been for about 3, 4 years now.  No recurrence.  

Hey OP, I lost a lot of weight doing the so-called ketosis diet that you are doing but I combined it with 4 times a week in the gym. Yep, it worked as in I dropped 10 kilos in 3 months and gained muscle (which in turn lead to greater fat loss), but I don't think its sustainable for a number of reasons. I would say do it, but once you reach a weight/level of fitness, give it up but just eat sensibly.  The problem with ketosis diets is that although they are effective, they're not natural and make people look ill.

When I first visited Thailand some 30 years ago, there were:-

No fat children

No fat young women

Very few fat men

Now:-

more than 50% of children of all ages are obese

more than 50% of young women are overweight, not just with silicon implants,

the majority of non-labouring men are fat.

The reasons are  simple:- a food industry that is commited to increasing profits by selling an addictive substance, called sugar, which will kill you. No amount of medicines, exercise or dieting will fix the problems caused by excess sugar consumption. Sugar, or substances which convert to sugar, are present in excess in every food product on the supermarket shelves! 

The problems are compounded by Big Pharma, whose driving motivation is PROFIT - profit generating by selling more and increasingly expensive drugs which do not cure disease, but alleviate the symptoms, thereby prolonging the underlying condition and increasing sales. Most of the studies published on food, nutrition, drug trials, etc., are funded by the industrial giants, and findings which go against their commercial interests are ruthlessly supressed, or refuted by using falsified data. Whistleblowers receive death threats, and several researchers have died in mysterious circumstances.

Doctors know what they are taught, do not have time to read research papers, and are targetted by Big Pharma to increase prescrption rates of their often useless, or even harmful, panaceas. It  has come to light recently that the "salt is bad for you" mantra is based on blatantly falsified data - the actual findings of the study did not accord with the wishes of the researcher, so he made up his own data set to back up his theories. The medics bought it hook line and sinker.

The world-wide epedemic of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc., is the result of an addiction to sugar, the cure is entirely in the hands of the consumer, and any idea that your doctor can fix it with pills is simply enriching a bunch of greedy industrialists and their shareholders. There is plenty of stuff out there on the internet to back up this point of view.

Of course, you have to firstly acknowledge your problem, then you have to want to fix it. Easy, it is not.

By the way, sugar substitutes are just as bad. Stevia, the current favourite, was first developed as an insecticide! How good for you is that?

I also cut down my carbs by 60%, the ladies at the canteen know me now and always give me a very small portion of red rice but I still eat almost anything I want, I choose mostly veges/fungi but also any amount of meat I want. I eat 1 kg of salad a week mixed with a large lean piece of pork or skinless BBQ'ed chicken, still eat junk food or high carb food at weekends with the gf as she doesn't want to diet!! lol

Walk most places, never use a lift at work, do 30+ flights of stairs a day (run up), and at 50 have no real visible stomach, which I did used to have. All in all, very little effort for a reasonably healthy body. I imagine with a fitness regime it would be even better. 

I also use ACV as one person posted for many reasons but I guess you are posting to ask if it helps reduce fat? Apparently it does but even if it doesn't it has many other healthy benefits as a simple google will show. I use it on my salads (with balsamic) pepper and sea salt, surprisingly delicious. Otherwise I take a small shot of ACV on alternative mornings. 

Thailand is probably the best place in the world to eat loads of fruit too :) 
Digestive chocolate biscuits for my chocolate fix! 

All in all I agree with the poster about reducing carbs and sugar.

Not anything new. If you have read sometimes news papers you would have known about the impact of sugar already, not only in juices but smoothies, fish sauce, ketchup, muesli, coke, aso

It's known since ages.

On 5/15/2017 at 7:06 PM, oilinki said:

I ate mostly fatty foods. I ate deep fried pork and grilled chicken.

Both which made me feel filled for a long time.

I also bought a bag of salad, which I haven't eaten yet. It's my emergency food, waiting to be used, when the time is right.

This is the change I feel in my personal life.

so if diabetics dose not kill you the cholesterol will:thumbsup: but well done if it works for you.

3 hours ago, Grusa said:

Doctors know what they are taught, do not have time to read research papers, and are targetted by Big Pharma to increase prescrption rates of their often useless, or even harmful, panaceas

So true ! This is why I avoid them as much as possible !

2 hours ago, pogal said:

I also cut down my carbs by 60%, the ladies at the canteen know me now and always give me a very small portion of red rice but I still eat almost anything I want, I choose mostly veges/fungi but also any amount of meat I want. I eat 1 kg of salad a week mixed with a large lean piece of pork or skinless BBQ'ed chicken, still eat junk food or high carb food at weekends with the gf as she doesn't want to diet!! lol

Walk most places, never use a lift at work, do 30+ flights of stairs a day (run up), and at 50 have no real visible stomach, which I did used to have. All in all, very little effort for a reasonably healthy body. I imagine with a fitness regime it would be even better. 

I also use ACV as one person posted for many reasons but I guess you are posting to ask if it helps reduce fat? Apparently it does but even if it doesn't it has many other healthy benefits as a simple google will show. I use it on my salads (with balsamic) pepper and sea salt, surprisingly delicious. Otherwise I take a small shot of ACV on alternative mornings. 

Thailand is probably the best place in the world to eat loads of fruit too :) 
Digestive chocolate biscuits for my chocolate fix! 

All in all I agree with the poster about reducing carbs and sugar.

What is ACV ?

Lean meat. Celery and cucumber have zero calories. Salads, but lay off the dressings.

Chicken is OK if you don't eat the skin. Fruit has sugars.

2 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

What is ACV ?

ACV = Apple Cider Vinegar     Has to raw unprocessed with the "mother " of viegar in it . Makes it look unclear dirty when shaken up.

Clearly, live sucks ! Whatever is connected to fun and enjoyment is bad for our health.

- Eating the foods we really like = it's bad for your health.
- Chasing the girls is bad for your health (..all those deseases).
- Drinking beer with the guys is bad for your health.
- Smoking a fat Cuban Cigar is bad for your health.
- Sitting outside of any street cafe anywhere in the world is bad for your health (....exhausts).
- Eating Thai Veggies, fresh from the market, laced with pesticides, herbicides, fungicides are bad for your health.
- Laying in the sun is bad for your health.

So truly, everything remotly connected to "fun and enjoyment" is bad for your health. The "Gods", ultimately responsible for this constellation, must have a very special "sense of humor".
No matter what we do or not do, the final one-way ticket we will buy has a pre-determined destination printed on it: Cemetary! Like it or not!

Therefore, to lead a live by allowing for "fun and games" may diminish the chances of reaching an old age. Fine with me. Who is going to ask, 500 years from now, if I died at the age of 67 or 77? I certainly wont!:smile:
Cheers.