Brit backpacker accidentally hanged herself in Phuket hotel room after row with boyfriend

webfact

Brit backpacker accidentally hanged herself in Thailand hotel room after row with martial arts fighter boyfriend

BY LUCY CLARKE-BILLINGS

pp.jpg

Abi Brown had a 'silly row' with her boyfriend on January 6 before she accidentally ended her life (Photo: Family/Solent News) - MIrror

Abigail Brown was found by her 30-year-old boyfriend James Brum in the popular holiday island of Phuket after arguing in exclusive club

PORTSMOUTH: -- A British backpacker accidentally hanged herself in a hotel room in Thailand hours after rowing with her martial arts fighter boyfriend in a trendy nightclub, an inquest has heard.

Abigail Brown - known as Abi - was found hanging by her bedsheets in their room by her 30-year-old boyfriend James Brum in the popular seaside resort of Phuket.

Police saw the couple arguing at the White Room nightclub and after the pair parted Miss Brown spotted her boyfriend of two years chatting up other women.

The 26-year-old's mother Jane Rowland told Portsmouth Coroner's Court that she did not believe her daughter intended to kill herself on January 6 this year.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brit-backpacker-accidentally-hanged-herself-10427791

-- Mirror 2017-05-16

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, catman20 said:

very sad RIP 

it happens many times in thailand usually the man splits up with the girlfriend after getting eyed up or sleeping with a thai girl , if you come here to thailand with a foreign partner get used to him getting chatted up by the local thal girls a sad end but to be honest question marks on accidental hanging ?? seems a common theme here 

10 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

it happens many times in thailand usually the man splits up with the girlfriend after getting eyed up or sleeping with a thai girl , if you come here to thailand with a foreign partner get used to him getting chatted up by the local thal girls a sad end but to be honest question marks on accidental hanging ?? seems a common theme here 

better to either not come here with your partner or find a new partner that would respect you and not flirt with the thai hookers.

5 minutes ago, rodney earl said:

The boyfriend was the first to find her. UUM sounds suspicious to me.

Well, if they were sharing a room then the BF would be the most likely to find her, don't you think?

20 minutes ago, rodney earl said:

The boyfriend was the first to find her. UUM sounds suspicious to me.

What is so strange? According to the story she returned to their room at 3am and he returned at 6am. How many others would you think would go to the room between 3-6am?

11 minutes ago, irwinfc said:

i may be lacking some imagination here, but exactly how can someone accidentally one's self?

It helps provide an explanation, even a level of denial, to those left grieving, asking how and why etc. An accident sounds better in the eulogy.

In some instances a court ruling misadventure/accident etc may be the difference if an insurance policy is payed out or not.

14 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

How do you accidentally hang yourselve TIT

I'm guessing the mother had knowledge of past behaviors, i.e threatening to kill herself for attention when upset or previous attempts where she did just enough to cause great concern but not actual death. Somewhat common in young women.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

And some here like to comment on the Thai male's fragile ego when a similarly relationship-related tragedy makes the local news.

completely irrelevant as this is a female, non-Thai and is about a broken heart and a short, quick decision that has terrible long term consequences. I don't hear of many 'Thai males' doing this they just go berserk and kill people and then say 'sorry'

3 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

completely irrelevant as this is a female, non-Thai and is about a broken heart and a short, quick decision that has terrible long term consequences. I don't hear of many 'Thai males' doing this they just go berserk and kill people and then say 'sorry'

I was suggesting that the unfortunate girls foreign boyfriend going off and chatting up other girls 'in her face' after having a public falling out was the prime mover regardless of what state of mind or inebriation either party was in. The fragile male ego isn't a Thai prerogative, neither are the consequences.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Probably in the same manners that one shoot themselves or stab

themselves in the back....

Suggesting the boyfriend did the deed.

Well cannot argue too much, wouldn't  be the first time an mma fighter snapped on his partner. And would not be the last.

Having a UK coroner rule as suicide also means she cannot officially be buried in consecrated ground, e.g. a church graveyard, so coroners for the reasons mentioned above and this reason are often reluctant, if any other verdict is possible, to record a death as suicide. Such a sad end and waste of life.  

In view of all the suicides, and murders reported in the news this year over romance,  and jealousy, it appears renting companionship is a safer option. 

As as soon as the irrational drama begins it's comforting to know that one can pay them to go away and look forward to a new exciting love bomb and adventure the following day.

The quote from an unknown author; "love is a serious mental illness, "is becoming clearer to me this year.

It appears even a happy ending at a massage parlor is a safer option!  At least it saves the Police, paramedics, hospital and morgue workers time.

Another little known option is sitting on display waiting for your embrace. The sex bot below!

If drama starts up with the a bot that speaks, you simply remove the head and place it on the shelf for another day!  

Up to you...

2017-05-11 08.52.23.png

Archived