Brit backpacker accidentally hanged herself in Phuket hotel room after row with boyfriend

webfact

5 hours ago, catman20 said:

better to either not come here with your partner or find a new partner that would respect you and not flirt with the thai hookers.

yes thats one of the difficulties out here being faithful there is so much sex about that its difficult if your with a partner to stop wandering , but if you do you have to get a partner that is ok about that , or you can end up as silly as it seems being on your own  

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sam84320 said:

Why do you think he chatted with thai girls? It could be with farang ladies

no i think he chatted with thai girls because his girlfriend does not understand the situation out here and he should have gone after her the night they argued and explained , the only way to make sure it does not happen is NOT to come out here with a uk girlfriend 

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

My thoughts exactly. And how could someone hang themself with a bed sheet unless one end of the bed sheet was attached to a hook or high object to obtain leverage and pull against the neck? It takes considerable force to cause strangulation by hanging. This is why in executions by hanging victims are always dropped from a height or suspended from a height. No need to be an expert to figure this one out.

The only force needed is the victim's own body weight.  Once blood flow to the brain is stopped you will lose consciousness within seconds. This with the combination of not being able to breathe, you die. You do not need a hook, all you need is a door. Tie a knot in a sheet, put the knot over a door and close it, tie the sheet around your neck, then lean forward until you pass out.  Also, in executions by hanging, the condemned were dropped from a height to break the neck and sever the spinal cord to the brain resulting in almost instant death. If the spinal cord was not severed, then the lack of oxygen and blood flow by strangulation would be the secondary cause death.

40 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

no i think he chatted with thai girls because his girlfriend does not understand the situation out here and he should have gone after her the night they argued and explained , the only way to make sure it does not happen is NOT to come out here with a uk girlfriend 

Huh? Last time my girl got a strop on at the Tower in Hull, I went off and chatted to another girl. Then all hell broke loose...

"the situation out here"... LOL

The only way to avoid this GLOBALLY is to NOT get a cob on with any girlfriend, regardless of ethnicity, anywhere in public where they serve booze.

Maybe it was easier for the parents to claim that she accidentally hanged herself,  if you try to commit a suicide there's nothing accidental about that .  Unless it was not a suicide but murder.

6 hours ago, rodney earl said:

The boyfriend was the first to find her. UUM sounds suspicious to me.

How can it be accidental hanging.

The BF was always going to find her sooner or later when returning to his room, CCTV footage might confirm his movement.

Very sad.

6 hours ago, irwinfc said:

i may be lacking some imagination here, but exactly how can someone accidentally "hang" one's self?

Could have been a cry for help that went wrong. Maybe the boyfriend was supposed to find her attempting suicide.

Tying sheets together instead of using a rope or similar, might, I say might, indicate this.

sorry to disturb the technical discussion,
just wondering whether the BF is on video in the club all the time from 3 - 6 a.m.

Then, Metoproclamide seems to be used to relieve heartburn, what if she mistook onsetting unstable angina for heartburn and had a heart attack while trying not to hang herself ?

18 minutes ago, KKr said:

Then, Metoproclamide seems to be used to relieve heartburn, what if she mistook onsetting unstable angina for heartburn and had a heart attack while trying not to hang herself ?

Which CSI are you an alumni of? Miami or NY?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When one is distraught, one does not think logically. I don't even have to be distraught not to think clearly, but then I'm old and slowly going ...................

Anyone that watches Asian movies knows that using a sheet or similar without jumping is not uncommon.

Anyway, RIP to the young woman.

I do understand what you are saying, but how did she apply the pressure to bring about her death. It being a bed sheet would have taken much more time than arope or a belt, because the thickness of the blanket woul be more thicker.

3 hours ago, chuang said:

Can one really hang oneself to death by a bedsheet......

Well, this is my question, but i guess that 'accidental' over here can many meaning's. I still think its iffy, i dont believe that she did it intentionally.But i guess its case closed. We will never know, nor, unfortunately, will the poor family.

4 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

yes thats one of the difficulties out here being faithful there is so much sex about that its difficult if your with a partner to stop wandering , but if you do you have to get a partner that is ok about that , or you can end up as silly as it seems being on your own  

i understand where your coming from, i lived with 2 ladies over a nine year period and when i became single 7 years ago some one said give yourself a year on your own and see how you feel about living alone. well i did and i still live alone but never sleep alone i cant see me living with another women for at least another 10 years or so. its great being single but having many girlfriends.

7 hours ago, Steiner said:

How can one separate hookers from the rest? Seems most of the office workers who go out also do a bit of 'freelance'  work. 

Seems normal here for a large percentage of girls with a job to expect to be paid for the privilege. 

its not difficult if your on the single scene like i am. i got and had many decent girl that dont do free lancing. you soon suss out the good ones from the bad. 

10 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

why would any western man bring a girlfriend to thailand. must be a frustrating place to be if you cant take full advantage of thailands attractions.

Like STD's and getting your money nicked ? As an old saying goes,you can get your appetite in town but you should eat at home

13 hours ago, chuang said:

Can one really hang oneself to death by a bedsheet......

First of all the "accidental" was a headline and not a comment by the police. It was the young woman's mother who claimed that her  daughter did not intend to kill herself thus an accident.

Furthermore,death by hanging can result from a broken neck, lack of oxygen(suffocation) or lack of blood to the brain (strangulation).

By placing some sort of noose around the neck, such as a cord, scarf, bed sheet, etc,  and fastening one end to something, like a door knob, and then slumping down will cause restriction of the carotid and cut off blood supply  to the brain resulting in unconsciousness and death. There are videos of this method on the internet whereby the person videotaped their demise. Not pretty.

Also accidental death by  strangulation/asphyxiation known as autoerotique asphyxiation, is not uncommon among boys and men experiencing a sexual thrill. 

So why make a simple case of suicide, accidental or intentional, in such a big mystery?  That comment was not directed at chuang but anyone posting claims of foul play.

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Like STD's and getting your money nicked ? As an old saying goes,you can get your appetite in town but you should eat at home

i did 10 years screwing around in thailand. myself and many friends never had a bargirl steal from them and never got any STDs so the risks must be very small. another expression i like is 'never bring sand to the beach'

Archived