Brit backpacker accidentally hanged herself in Phuket hotel room after row with boyfriend

webfact

18 hours ago, tonray said:

I'm guessing the mother had knowledge of past behaviors, i.e threatening to kill herself for attention when upset or previous attempts where she did just enough to cause great concern but not actual death. Somewhat common in young women.

Exactly, attention seeking behaviour,  but took it too far.  Possibly standing on a chair,  'rope' around her neck, expecting the bf to come in and find her,  slipped, and it was all over.   We'll never know, of course.

Her mothet said she wouldn't intentionally kill herself, hence the headline.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Having a UK coroner rule as suicide also means she cannot officially be buried in consecrated ground, e.g. a church graveyard, so coroners for the reasons mentioned above and this reason are often reluctant, if any other verdict is possible, to record a death as suicide. Such a sad end and waste of life.  

thats a blessing in disguise, buried in consecrated ground by whom, some Christian crusading elite, just take me down the Wat and throw the match in thank you, but  i agree such a sad waste of a special experience called life, hope she gets 'it' next time 

20 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Which CSI are you an alumni of? Miami or NY?

you are right! 55
However, believe it or not, shit happens.
On another note, if someone can hang himself from a door hinge, than using a doorhandle should, albeit lower,  be easy.

On 5/16/2017 at 3:39 AM, Classic Ray said:

Having a UK coroner rule as suicide also means she cannot officially be buried in consecrated ground, e.g. a church graveyard, so coroners for the reasons mentioned above and this reason are often reluctant, if any other verdict is possible, to record a death as suicide. Such a sad end and waste of life.  

Isn't that a catholic thing? About consecrated ground.

I did read though,  that

, like a thousand years ago, suicides were buried at cross roads, with their heads cut off. Superstitious nonsense.

On 5/16/2017 at 4:04 PM, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Well, this is my question, but i guess that 'accidental' over here can many meaning's. I still think its iffy, i dont believe that she did it intentionally.But i guess its case closed. We will never know, nor, unfortunately, will the poor family.

For the sake of clarity - "over here" (in Thailand) the police verdict was suicide. The "accidental" (misadventure) verdict came from the UK coroner's court.

It is quite common for a UK coroner to come to a misadventure verdict in such cases - because there is very often not enough evidence to show "beyond reasonable doubt" that the deceased intended to die (intent being a state of mind).

In this case the coroner thought it was possible that the deceased intention was to demonstrate to her boyfriend how upset she was - but she didn't intend to die.

11 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

For the sake of clarity "over here" (in Thailand) the police verdict was suicide. The "accidental" (misadventure) verdict came from the UK coroner's court.

It is quite common for a UK coroner to come to a misadventure verdict in such cases - because there is very often not enough evidence to show "beyond reasonable doubt" that the deceased intended to die (intent being a state of mind).

In this case the coroner thought it was possible that the deceased was trying to demonstrate to her boyfriend how upset she was - but she didn't intend to die.

I dont think you have to clarify the "over here" comment, because most of us that have lived here for any amount of time, understand what it means. Unless of course you are posting from the Uk, and then you would be "over there"

But thank you any way for informing me that the verdict of misadventure was from a UK coroners court. I was not aware of that.

But even so, i still think that there is more in this.

Archived