British shoplifting team rounded up after drone theft in Samui

webfact

British shoplifting team rounded up after drone theft in Samui

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

SAMUI: -- A gang of British shoplifters were soon in custody after stealing an expensive drone from a shop in the Mae Nam area of Koh Samui.

Then they tried to bribe police for their freedom.

The team - one of whom was identified by a passport as hailing from Hackney in London - were found at a 10,000 baht a night resort.

Police said they had plenty of evidence.

On Sunday evening just after 9pm the four men went into D-Game and Toy and asked to see the most expensive drone in the shop. It was worth 50,000 baht.

After agreeing on the price the lone sales assistant was given a credit card for payment. She went to the back of the shop to run it through the machine but it was found to be unacceptable.

While she was sorting this out the four men  took the drone and fled in a Toyota Fortuner parked outside, reported Thai Rath.

But after the owner filed a complaint with CCTV evidence the gang were soon rounded up. A video of the four men involved being interviewed by police with witnesses was posted on Facebook on the Channel 3 news page.

Channel 3 said they were British with one passport identifying one of the men as a Londoner. They said they were staying at a 10,000 baht a night hotel and had tried to bribe the police to let them go.

Source: Thai RathChannel 3

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-16

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Mackstask said:

All from ethnic backgrounds. Give true Brits a bad name.

Don't be ridiculous, plenty of white UK nationals mentioned in crime reports on TV, including murder, in Thailand

How come the photo shoot was in the hotel? Usually it's in the police station.

They will bribe their way out eventually but it'll be a "pay and straight to the airport" job. I'll say the Samui cops / immigration will settle for 400,000 Baht all up.

5 minutes ago, sahibji said:

sanemax

do you mean the brits do not steal. the crimes they commit even back in the UKwill shock you.

No, I mean that they are good at thieving, these guys are amateurs

Tags , hidden CCTV , security guards, plain clothes store detectives are all things that must be taken into consideration, if you want to be successful

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

From 'ackney in a 10 grand a night gaff - you're 'aving a laff

2500 baht a night each x 4 , looks like its their first time here , it will be good to see them locked up here at hilton jail 

keep them out of england also no respect for thailand , throw away the key its so embarassing 

1 hour ago, lemonjelly said:

Is the jihadi beard thing a fashion now? Police should be looking deeper into these guys connections.

Not a bad idea.... After all, of all things I can think of young guys wanting to steal in Thailand, a drone doesn't come to mind. I do wonder if there's a bigger story behind this...

1 minute ago, Docno said:

Not a bad idea.... After all, of all things I can think of young guys wanting to steal in Thailand, a drone doesn't come to mind. I do wonder if there's a bigger story behind this...

Perhaps they didn't know what it was, just an easy steal.....

44 minutes ago, fabphil said:

Hope the cops do lock them up, arabs giv true pommies a bad name, might wanna check the passports and credit cards they probably would use to pay theyre 10k a night bill :stoner:

True pommies are very good at spelling words like 'giv'

Archived