retirement visa

Hi.. need some advice.. 

I am applying for a retirement visa for my wife's parents and there is a condition for having 800,000 THB in a thailand Bank account. Does this 800,00 THB has to be credited through a foreign transfer or can I (since having a local bank account and working here) make an internal/local bank transfer? 

Experience and guidance helpful. 

THanks

Colin

It seems you are asking about an extension of stay (it is not a visa)  based upon retirement since you mention the money being in a Thai bank.

To apply for the extension of stay there is no requirement for proof the 800k baht came from abroad and it will need to be in the bank for 60 days.

If they are also going to need to apply for a non immigrant visa (category O) at immigration needed to apply for the extension then proof the funds came from abroad is required.

• Like 1

Thanks for that!  Helpful! Yes, it is for a non-immi (O category visa) - so in short.. for the immigration, the amount in the bank account does not matter, it is the source of funds and it has to be from foreign sources. wonder what the logic behind this?

To apply for the non immigrant visa at immigration does not require the money to be in the bank for 60 days is the reason for proof the funds came from abroad. The money only has to be in the bank on the date of application.

To apply for a single entry non-o visa at a embassy or consulate the money only has to be in the bank on the date of application with no proof it came from abroad.

Only the one year extension of stay requires the money to be in the bank for 60 days.