Foreigner seen beating young child after dispute over 10-baht fee

snoop1130

Foreigner seen beating young child after dispute over 10-baht fee

Kongleaphy Keam

1_20175161783160_LyknWWMujVQIvbGhCrgmuUkGehDiotwAshnODAIm_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- A Facebook user has offered a reward of 5,000 baht to anyone who can help him find a foreigner who fought with a toilet attendant and refused to pay a 10 baht fee to use a toilet on Bangla road.

Videos and photographs of six foreigners – three men and three women – were recorded on CCTV cameras installed at the facility. They were posted by a user named ‘Tohee Seesa’ earlier this month. 

In the video, one of the men is repeatedly seen hitting and shoving a young boy into the wall. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Foreigner-seen-beating-young-child-dispute-10baht/66596?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-5-16

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, a 10 year old child should not be working, especially not at a public toilet, which has to be super dangerous on so many levels.

That said, I do hope the scumbag that thinks slapping little kids about is acceptable, is found. Over 10 Baht for Gods sake. What a loser?

Disgusting. Scumbag.

On the two "ladies" and the guy were not much better to just turn a blind eye and not intervene.

Where were the bouncers?

Video posted on May 3.

Quite likely they are gone.

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nasty piece of work... there is some discussion, then the Westerner just attacks the boy (who appears more like 14 than 10)...  that said, the attack seems very sudden - I'm left wondering what the 'kicker' was, what triggered him to snap like that. 

Video Link

Thanks for the video link, I couldn't find it in the story.

You see the <deleted> in the blue shirt is super aggressive from the first moment. But he is talking to a kid for Christs sake.

The kid probably (and rightly over 10 baht), calls him a cheap charlie, or something similar, which sets it off.

If he was hoping to impress the girls with his manliness, I would chalk that one up as a fail. No one likes child beaters.

36 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nasty piece of work... there is some discussion, then the Westerner just attacks the boy (who appears more like 14 than 10)...  that said, the attack seems very sudden - I'm left wondering what the 'kicker' was, what triggered him to snap like that. 

Video Link

At the very end of the video, is that a pistol that the thai man (boy) who got hit pulls out?

That interaction does not look like someone asking for a 10 baht toilet fee. It looks like words (or something) had occurred earlier and this is a confrontation over that (previous) incident Is the farang trying to take back a mobile phone perhaps ??. Or maybe I am just cynical after spending so much time here.

The video obviously implies that something had occurred before they conveniently posted the clip. 

No reason to hit a child though.

I always find it best just to move along, especially in Thailand.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Firstly, a 10 year old child should not be working, especially not at a public toilet, which has to be super dangerous on so many levels.

That said, I do hope the scumbag that thinks slapping little kids about is acceptable, is found. Over 10 Baht for Gods sake. What a loser?

The minimum age for child labor in Thailand is 15, with the exception of working on a family's farm.

Moreover, the following worksites are off limits for minors:

An employer should not employ a child under the age of 18 to perform job in the following workplace:

• Entertainment places, according to the law on entertainment places
  • Establishments where food, liquor, tea or other beverages are served, and where the services of prostitutes, sleeping facilities, or massage are offered, etc and other places as prescribed in Ministerial regulations.

That doesn't mean the assailants shouldn't be prosecuted, but the owner of  that bathroom concession should be prosecuted as well.

Definitely nothing to do with ten baht and almost certainly something to do with something that occurred with one of the women earlier.

Though of course claiming it was over ten baht generates more fervour.

There is no way that two western men would come to back up their girlfriends or even just friends over ten baht.

Likely some perceived threat or abuse towards one or both of the girls.

They clearly went back to the toilet with the girls. They weren't trying to use the toilet, so why would the argument be about refusing to pay ten baht?

Lies.

The attendant is not ten years old and he was fully aware the people arriving didn't want to use the toilet.

The attacker was already fired up on arrival. So clearly something that happened beforehand to one of the girls....which is probably on CCTV too.

Of course we won't see that part of the story.

The first thing I observe, simply from body language, is the aggressiveness of the man in the blue T-shirt. He was already looking for a confrontation. As anyone who lives in Thailand knows, confrontation and aggressive behavior is not welcome here. It's a cultural thing and helps members of a poor society coexist with limited resources and living space. The second point to note is that the attendant appears to me to be about 15 years old, not 10. Thais are smaller than Westerners. The man in the blue T-shirt seems to be unhappy with the toilet fee of 10 baht. In some places it's only 5 baht. Maybe he was going to pay for his friends to use the facilities, thus it would be perhaps a 20-30 baht expense for him. As for the friends in attendance, they seem to have no idea that he's going to get violent, they moved away from the violence, probably to avoid getting caught up in it or hurt. As to what the attendant pulled out from under the desk, I can't make it out. But unless it's clearly a gun (I don't believe so), it may well have been a knife. I would have no problem with the attendant stabbing that <deleted> over this. It was self defense, although delayed by 20 seconds. No guarantee that the blue T shirt man wouldn't return to cause more trouble and violence. Tough situation to deal with. I hope the blue T-shirt man is apprehended and given a bit of time in jail to appreciate the seriousness of his inappropriate actions.

Here in the USA, my wife once worked as a waitress at a Chinese restaurant.  The owner's son-in-law was an a-hole.  One time I had to go in there and pound on the table in front of him and his Chinese buddies and threaten him with bodily harm for transgressions against my wife.  I am a skinny guy about 5 foot 6 inches tall.  He got the message that I would have fought to the death, or at least chewed off a few body parts.  Piss-ant.

I suspect this incident was a matter of honor.  Little dude peeped or some such.

10 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

The minimum age for child labor in Thailand is 15, with the exception of working on a family's farm.

Moreover, the following worksites are off limits for minors:

An employer should not employ a child under the age of 18 to perform job in the following workplace:

• Entertainment places, according to the law on entertainment places
  • Establishments where food, liquor, tea or other beverages are served, and where the services of prostitutes, sleeping facilities, or massage are offered, etc and other places as prescribed in Ministerial regulations.

That doesn't mean the assailants shouldn't be prosecuted, but the owner of  that bathroom concession should be prosecuted as well.

I missed it where did it say he was being paid, it could be a family business therefore the under 15 rule does not apply

You can see in the video the young boy, gives big attitude. plus I think the guy is in blue is Thai. He has come to impress the backpacker wanna be teachers, over a situation earlier. This can be seen from the actions of the boy on spotting them arriving he stands up and puts his phone away. Not the action of someone looking after toilets. Perhaps something to do with money and verbal earlier towards the women. He is not 10years old that is for sure. Like the toilets something stinks in this story.

12 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Disgusting. Scumbag.

On the two "ladies" and the guy were not much better to just turn a blind eye and not intervene.

Where were the bouncers?

Video posted on May 3.

Quite likely they are gone.

Why would u hav bouncers outside a toilet?

1 hour ago, Damrongsak said:

Here in the USA, my wife once worked as a waitress at a Chinese restaurant.  The owner's son-in-law was an a-hole.  One time I had to go in there and pound on the table in front of him and his Chinese buddies and threaten him with bodily harm for transgressions against my wife.  I am a skinny guy about 5 foot 6 inches tall.  He got the message that I would have fought to the death, or at least chewed off a few body parts.  Piss-ant.

I suspect this incident was a matter of honor.  Little dude peeped or some such.

Oh God another bloody USA story ??

im not blaming the guy untill full story is known, this is the thais sample of the story but you are all quick to jump in  

thais get away with far too much , farang are allways having to walk away with hurt pride.   

even the headline is wrong saying its a 10 year old "child"        the 10 year old child looks 16 years old and he certainly knew where to get a gun or a knife from sharpish and we all know all the little thai teenagers are carrying weapons and shooting each other regularly ,right ?

48 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Why would u hav bouncers outside a toilet?

Sure not watching the toilet.

But on Bangla rd. there should be more than enough to "call for help".

And just rethought: that was likely what the boy wanted to do on the phone. Shouting on Bangla rd. will not reach far.

Post removed.

Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are neither respectful nor welcome on the forum, and will be considered as troll comments and removed and the offending poster warned and/or suspended accordingly.

Obviously more to it than what is shown...
Still, the farang should get some serious whopping for beating an obvious much smaller person in the way he did and intended to do before interference showed.
I wonder what happened afterwards - not shown on video, 

13 hours ago, Seismic said:

That interaction does not look like someone asking for a 10 baht toilet fee. It looks like words (or something) had occurred earlier and this is a confrontation over that (previous) incident Is the farang trying to take back a mobile phone perhaps ??. Or maybe I am just cynical after spending so much time here.

You're right. That's not a 'child' it's a teenager who thinks it's cool to catch pictures of girls on his phone when they use the toilet... The guy in the blue shirt came back to sort it out - so when the kid blatantly gets the phone out in front of him he quite rightly just took the phone.

Those of us that live here know that this is ultimately the only kind of response available here - unless you think you'd be better off going to visit the police. You'd have to pay the police before they'd think of taking any action - then they would carefully talk to the attendant, being carefully not to say anything which might be construed as being impolite or slanderous... before saying 'sorry, we can't do anything'.

Archived