BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

Foreigner seen beating young child after dispute over 10-baht fee

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And what part of the enchanted Kingdom do you reside in?

Living in Ramkhamheang area, I did see an increase in violence as many more Southern Thai's moved into the soi (65, MahadThai) and pubs and clubs sprang up (owned by police). However, even in the event of a 'fight' with several people involved, and possibly a meat cleaver, the actual 'strike' which begins the real violence is often not forthcoming. We're often left with all the excitement of a running street battle and lots of shouting and posturing without even a tiny bruise, punch, or slap.

I have never actually seen a fight - or any form of violent crime - since 2001 living around this city. I saw these things frequently living in England.

So, in terms of confrontation and aggression I do find this to be a rather enchanted kingdom, right up to the point that I twist the ignition key and take to the roads.....

May one wonder who, and how much will be offered to find a Thai doing something like this.

A Wai, maybe?

No excuses, at all, for the stupid behaviour as shown in the video.

But offering a reward to find the man seems to me an invitation for a round of farang bashing.

May one wonder who is that good citizen?

And the police?

The police will be on the front of the troops, 5000 baht is nice amount of money, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, hansnl said:

May one wonder who, and how much will be offered to find a Thai doing something like this.

A Wai, maybe?

How about this: The money is a reaction to the phone being taken. The Thai guy can now promise his mother he did nothing wrong, and that crazy nasty farang guy was out of order...

After the phone (evidence) was removed, there's nothing left to incriminate the 'victim'.

One can wonder around until the cows come home.

Speculation beyond belief. The sales of Deer Stalkers, pipes and magnifying glasses must be going through the roof in Phuket.

I thought Prayut put an end to charging for toilet use, three years ago...:sorry: I forgot where I was for a moment...

The guy in blue's body language says  he was looking for a fight when they entered. Must be on meth to act that aggressive to a skinny little kid. Hope he spends some time in the slammer getting a good fill of karma served to him.

What's a 10 year old doing out at 3:50a.m.?

(Not that I in any way believe he is only 10)

58 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

'Western women excel at creating drama and hyping up men to fight for them.' I thought that was the domain of Thai women.

I thought better of my post after clicking "submit" but I don't see a way to remove it.  Any way to delete a post?  I also don't think my idea of "western women" is anything near a universal.  

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nasty piece of work... there is some discussion, then the Westerner just attacks the boy (who appears more like 14 than 10)...  that said, the attack seems very sudden - I'm left wondering what the 'kicker' was, what triggered him to snap like that. 

Just shows you it is not only the Thais who lose their tempers easily as so many posters seem to say. Though IMO, most Thai people do not lose their temper easily.

They are mostly non confrontational. 

Obviously not about 10 baht fee, looks like the kid has been up to something already...... possibly stealing or pick pocketing.

The story of this being about a 10 baht toilet fee is total BS!

The report I read elsewhere is about the attendant taking pics of the girls in the toilet on his mobile. They returned with their male friends to retrieve those pics. It's the only reasonable explanation to be ascertained from the actions on that video.

The naivety of many posters here continues to astound me!

I'm not going to join the "guess the age of the attendant" game.

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

The story of this being about a 10 baht toilet fee is total BS!

The report I read elsewhere is about the attendant taking pics of the girls in the toilet on his mobile. They returned with their male friends to retrieve those pics. It's the only reasonable explanation to be ascertained from the actions on that video.

The naivety of many posters here continues to astound me!

I'm not going to join the "guess the age of the attendant" game.

By the body language in the video, that was what my guess was about what happened. Since when does any worker care to stash their phone so quickly when somebody comes to talk to them? This worker sure did. And the girls were the ones doing the talking and I guess accusing, not the blue shirted guy. The fight then started over the phone... hmmmm
Well, We don't really know what happened, but it sure seems HIGHLY likely that the story here is total BS, just as you said. I wouldn't think of reporting who that blue shirted guy is for such a fake story, especially to some random video poster offering a little reward!? Why? So he can go get his revenge? Seems to me that the police should look into following up on the phone numbers that Facebook user who posted the video. And the Phuket Gazette went and published the phone numbers as well!!?? <deleted> For a story that looks fake as hell and that they have no way at all of verifying.... The Phuket Gazette must be one of the regular arm chair judges posting on TVF!

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm left wondering what the 'kicker' was, what triggered him to snap like that. 

Alcohol.

Some extra video footage of after the attack