A Duck Is Not Just For Christmas...............

libya 115

I had a nice mature cheddar cheese (NZ brand), onion and tomato sarny followed by a can of Ozzie SPC spaghetti doctored with fresh ground pepper and tabasco. The wife and her family don't know nothing about Xmas an' eat the usual Thai muck.

Someone oughta initiate a service for displaced falangs for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners...sorta like what they do for bums in big US cities. The shared ambience would be great and I would gladly pay $10-20 for a plate of turkey with the trimmins'...none of this high falutin' expensive hotel buffet business...the venue a church hall or a wat with sympathetic monks (tables and chairs optional)

we could have name tags, Xmas stockings, a visit from Santa and a general acknowlegement that we are a bunch of sad falang losers adrift in SE Asia during the holiday season...get drunk and cry about foregone family arrangements (past and present) and have someone with a camcorder to register it all for posterity.

I'm up for next year...what about you guys?

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I've got sukiyaki sukiyaki.jpg

My X'mas was pretty quiet ... I had to work ..And I had a dinner alone

well ..Suki is fine for me... Being a big fat cow.. i need some low calories food :o

Next year i may eat whole ribs BBQ :D

Edited by BambinA

Duck for me, what about you?

:o

Many years ago I was working in the Faroe Islands, about halfway between Scotland and Iceland. Had a Danish military radar site about 200 meters above us on the mountain. We were about 3000 feet up on top of the mountain. I had to work on Christmas day, and was working a 24 hour shift with a Danish guy. The Danish Air Force brought the two of us a whole duck ready to cook, with sweet potatos and a bread dressing. Also 1/2 a bottle of red wine for each person. We cooked it up in the little kitchen we had at the site. It was one of the best Christmas dinners I've ever had.

Duck, potatos, sweet potatos, carrots and onions, bread dressing roasted in the Duck, and a bottle of red wine. All courtesy of the Danish Air Force.

Good time.

:D