Manning leaves U.S. prison 7 years after giving secrets to WikiLeaks

webfact

Just now, LannaGuy said:

oh Retired Army Brig. Gen. Robert A. Carr, the government’s first witness in the sentencing phase of Pfc. Bradley Manning’s court-martial, testified Wednesday that Manning’s disclosures to WikiLeaks endangered U.S. ground troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Presumably you are not a General nor are privy to the intelligence that this General talks to so be careful what conclusions you jump to.

Of course what he said was true but wont disclose how they were endangered due to 'security reasons'. Don't use 'intelligence' and 'General' in the same sentence,it's an oxymoron. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, soalbundy said:

Of course what he said was true but wont disclose how they were endangered due to 'security reasons'. Don't use 'intelligence' and 'General' in the same sentence,it's an oxymoron. 

Well I don't know, we don't know, but there were many witnesses and all stated that people were put at risk and it's obvious that info is classified as was the data Manning shared

So some military and intelligence assets were endangered, but no one was hurt or killed? 

There is no doubt in my mind that Manning is guilty as sin and deserved to be found guilty, but without much more than endangered and some inconvenience, I think letting her out is justified.   

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Call me ignorant then, but explain why hardworking taxpayers should have to pay for a man that wants to become a woman to have surgery and drugs etc?

My government can't afford to give pensioners enough money to live on, so why should they go into debt to pay for gender reassignment?

I'm with Thailand on this one.

Your government can afford to give pensioners enough money to live on - they simply choose not to do so because they would prefer to give that money to their friends and donors. The enemy is not your fellow citizen.

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Your government can afford to give pensioners enough money to live on - they simply choose not to do so because they would prefer to give that money to their friends and donors. The enemy is not your fellow citizen.

The enemy is not your fellow citizen.

Actually they are. My country is full of violent criminals that would hurt me if I looked at them wrong. sometimes one doesn't even have to look at them at all. It's out of control, but there aren't enough cops to protect us.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Actually they are. My country is full of violent criminals that would hurt me if I looked at them wrong. sometimes one doesn't even have to look at them at all. It's out of control, but there aren't enough cops to protect us.

Was it Somalia?  Certainly isn't Western Europe, Australia or Canada or the USA.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Diversion? We were discussing your government's preference to channel your nation's wealth into the pockets of its rich friends and donors. If the pensioners are so dangerous, why are you concerned about them?

5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Diversion? We were discussing your government's preference to channel your nation's wealth into the pockets of its rich friends and donors. If the pensioners are so dangerous, why are you concerned about them?

? I wasn't aware I was accusing pensioners of being dangerous and I was just responding to a reply.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

? I wasn't aware I was accusing pensioners of being dangerous and I was just responding to a reply.

Read the thread again - I was pointing out that, contrary to your suggestion, there is plenty money to go round; enough to ensure that both pensioners, transgender people and every other member of society can receive the appropriate level of state provided assistance needed. Unfortunately, successive governments have conditioned us into accepting that the bulk of the resources must be squirreled away by people who are untouchable, leaving the rest of us to squabble over the meagre crumbs that fall from their table. I repeat that the enemy is not amongst us.

Good Timing.
Almost to the day coinciding with the President showing off intelligence to the Foreign Minister of a newly kinda friendly state !

On 5/17/2017 at 10:25 PM, ilostmypassword said:

What I find fascinating is that to many on the right Edward Snowden is a hero.  But Chelsea Manning is a traitor.  Can someone please explain to me the distinction?

Both heroes of the highest degree! Governments are the liars and oppressors...always "above the law" by ENFORCEMENT. Happy for shim.

On 5/18/2017 at 4:18 PM, jesimps said:

Both are traitors and deserve to go down for a FULL life term. Treachery is the worst crime of all, possibly causing the deaths of many of your own citizens and allies. 

This is the video Manning went to jail for.  Manning is NO traitor and should be HAILED as a HERO! THIS is why the U.S. is beginning to be regarded as the largest terrorist group on Earth (the killing starts around 2:45):

SEN. JOHN MCCAIN (R-AZ), SENATE ARMED SERVICES COMMITTEE CHAIR: Rage, frustration, and sorrow. Sorrow for the families of those individuals who identified in these leaks in Afghanistan that the Taliban went after and murdered. And rage because this President is basically endorsing a proposal that allows someone to go free who is responsible for the needless deaths of those people who are allies. But do you say to their families, Bill?

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2017/01/19/john-mccain-reacts-to-chelsea-manning-commutation.html

50 minutes ago, stander said:

SEN. JOHN MCCAIN (R-AZ), SENATE ARMED SERVICES COMMITTEE CHAIR: Rage, frustration, and sorrow. Sorrow for the families of those individuals who identified in these leaks in Afghanistan that the Taliban went after and murdered. And rage because this President is basically endorsing a proposal that allows someone to go free who is responsible for the needless deaths of those people who are allies. But do you say to their families, Bill?

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2017/01/19/john-mccain-reacts-to-chelsea-manning-commutation.html

What should be said to the families of those innocent people murdered by the US troops on the video that Manning leaked?

Archived