Kodi® for Dummies

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use WASAPI on a Win 10 HTPC and to keep sound stability my golden rule is to not use another player while Kodi is running.

Next we'll continue with the final section of our menu - Power.   We will make similar changes as we did to the System menu, so start by navigating to System > Skin Settings and select Se

Posted Images

On 5/27/2019 at 1:08 PM, Old Man River said:

Thanks Jai Dee. Having lived in Thailand, is the PVR mentioned the same one I bought from TrueVisions or are there other PVR's legality available in Asia?

As I said previously, I have not personally tried it so I cannot comment with any certainty.

It does however sound to me like a software based PVR... so you would install it and configure it within Kodi on your PC or Android box.

Another assumption I make is that it probably uses some form of external storage like a USB drive to store your recorded programs.

But... I'm really only guessing.

Hopefully another member has some experience and can provide you with some expert guidance.

• 10 months later...
On 5/19/2017 at 3:10 PM, Jai Dee said:

Select System settings:

What are you guys using for Audio Output Device running Kodi on Win10?

I seem to have two choices in settings of either DIRECTSOUND: default or WASAPI: default.

But for me DIRECTSOUND doesn't work, the sound comes through but is broken and distorted. If I choose WASAPI then the sound is perfect, but Kodi somehow disables all my other sound playing apps from working until I fully exit Kodi? Anyone got any experience / advice before I do a complete Kodi re-install please?

30 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

What are you guys using for Audio Output Device running Kodi on Win10?

I use WASAPI on a Win 10 HTPC and to keep sound stability my golden rule is to not use another player while Kodi is running.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

my golden rule is to not use another player while Kodi is running.

Ok, thanks so same issue as me. Seems a bit naughty of Kodi to be interfering with other players nevertheless, hope they sort it out one day!

If anyone who does not have patience is reading this, or you are not computer inclined. Trust me, you will be "fixing" this every couple of weeks. It aint worth it. Every single addon goes down or something happens. It is about as unstable as a 100 baht bar girl and it needs more maintenance than she will as well. 

22 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Ok, thanks so same issue as me. Seems a bit naughty of Kodi to be interfering with other players nevertheless, hope they sort it out one day!

Nothing will ever get sorted out. Quit while you are ahead! 

I will admit though if you run this on a computer it is not so bad and works well. Anything else and it is a complete nightmare for me.

• 3 months later...
On 4/19/2020 at 2:56 PM, sucit said:

Nothing will ever get sorted out. Quit while you are ahead! 

I will admit though if you run this on a computer it is not so bad and works well. Anything else and it is a complete nightmare for me.

I always look for the on/switch,enough for me