Phuket district chief vows to crack down on illegal hotels

snoop1130

Phuket district chief vows to crack down on illegal hotels

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_2017519152522277_CeyIFeZNHXorAxNEiHBGqhxBctIBYVBbzzkFdKTl_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- Kathu District Chief Jirawat Namatra issued an ultimatum to illegal hotel operators after locals and members of the business community filed complaints about unlicenced hotels operating in Patong.

In February, more than a thousand unlicensed hotels applied for registration as hotels after a two-month ultimatum was issued at the end of November last year by then Phuket Governor Chokchai Dejamornthan.

“We inspected the 'Boomerang Hotel' and 'Capitano Hotel' in Patong on Wednesday and found that that they were operating without a hotel business licence,” said Mr Jirawat.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-district-chief-vows-crack-down-illegal/66605?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-5-19

Surely illegal hotels are not the biggest problem for Phuket authorities given the many constant complaints in other areas.

Obviously the "members of the business community" dont like competition and believe their entitlement to ripoff tourists should be protected. 

Do not stay in Illegal hotels, they may not be safe for you, even if you save some money.

Learned that lesson myself a few trips ago.  It turned out to have unsafe wiring and plumbing and I

almost to electrocuted in the bathroom. THis happened in Phuket a lot of years ago, so I

am glad to see that illegal hotels are still getting inspected, and hopefully closed down if they do not

make code.

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Do not stay in Illegal hotels, they may not be safe for you, even if you save some money.

Learned that lesson myself a few trips ago.  It turned out to have unsafe wiring and plumbing and I

almost to electrocuted in the bathroom. THis happened in Phuket a lot of years ago, so I

am glad to see that illegal hotels are still getting inspected, and hopefully closed down if they do not

make code.

Its not only the illegal hotels. Having spent many days walking around the streets watching the construction of most hotels, the structural adequacy and poor quality, most of which is covered up in render, is sub standard and many will fail when eventually exposed to expected natural conditions.

Archived