Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now, the doofus POTUS is actually a big plus to Democrats. The more stupid and idiotic he looks and the more the kowtowed congress goes along, the more and more likely Democrats will take the house in 2018. As much as some Democrats want impeachment or a resignation, I think they hope it won't happen until late next year after the elections are done. There is no bigger selling point for the Democrats than the failing POTUS. It makes for excellent ads.

It can actually be better for Republicans to cut the rope now before they hang as a whole but that won't happen. They have no idea how to finesse this to their advantage. They were too busy being the party of "NO" for so long, they forgot how to do anything else but be stubborn.

Trump will eventually resign and in typical Trump cry-baby fashion (#1 snowflake) blame 'the establishment' etc etc for his downfall, rather than the man-child in the mirror. Below, Reddit's take on the odd resignation announcement of Chaffetz (from both Congress and as chair of the House Oversight Committee which leads a spineless Russia/Trump investigation) could easily also apply to Trump when he  resigns:  

He's just going to bribe off into the sunset.

I'm sure he has his treasons.

He really was Russian to get out

He's Putin' on his best face as he meets the press.

He Moscow where his heart tells him to.

His entire political career is left in rubles

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/66h51i/why_is_jason_chaffetz_running_away_a_rising/

(Note Trey Gowdy who headed the House Select Committee on Benghazi is expected to take over for Chaffetz... sure he'll be as tenacious investigating Trump... ) Bottom line: Trump resigns prior to impeachment humiliation.

Trump will do what another Republican scoundrel did:  resign when it's clear he's going to be busted open like a rotten coconut stepped on by an elephant.

However, many people will continue to fall (falling on their swords, or just getting drop-kicked out the back door of the WH) for Trump.  He's great at ruining careers.  Trump fans keep thinking that all the shit has already hit the fan.  No way, Jose.  There are truckloads more shit lining up to dump on Trump.  We haven't seen 25% of the dirt on Trump.     

A slight correction......not a special prossecuter .....but a special council......

I know....same same but different.....sounds less accusatorial for a start and very slight difference in powers.

I voted no, not because I am a Trump supporter, but because impeachment does not automatically mean removal from office. 

First of all, the standard of guilt needed for a successful impeachment is quite high.  There have only been two impeachments in US history - Johnson in the 1860s and Bill Clinton in the 1990s.  Both were impeached, that is, tried by the Senate, but not found guilty or removed from office.  It is quite possible that the same thing could happen to Trump.

Secondly, I don't think that Trump's ego and self-image would let him resign.  He may be kicked out eventually, but it will only be after a long chaotic period of political battles and growing mental instability.

I have seen several media sources suggesting that the last thing the Democratic Party wants is a President Pence, since the man is a politician who knows what he is doing.

I hope Trump stays long enough to hasten the inevitable decline of the useless legacy media, then steps aside on health grounds, or other terms of his own making.

46 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Trump will do what another Republican scoundrel did:  resign when it's clear he's going to be busted open like a rotten coconut stepped on by an elephant.

However, many people will continue to fall (falling on their swords, or just getting drop-kicked out the back door of the WH) for Trump.  He's great at ruining careers.  Trump fans keep thinking that all the shit has already hit the fan.  No way, Jose.  There are truckloads more shit lining up to dump on Trump.  We haven't seen 25% of the dirt on Trump.     

At last I have found one of your posts that is so far off the mark it is worthy of comment.  :wink:

" There are truckloads more shit lining up to dump on Trump.  We haven't seen 25%   10% of the dirt on Trump.     "  :whistling: - That, I feel puts your post in a more accurate perspective.

1 minute ago, terryw said:

He will complete his 4 year term and decide not to stand for re-election.

Kind of agree. It's obvious he only wanted to "win" the presidency and is not enjoying the actual job ("I miss my old life" boo-hoo).

He'll be in for 8 years. He might have made a few impulsive and unthought decisions but overall, he is the one to stand for American values and not fall into that politically correct / equality / feeling hurting bullsh1t. Clinton was supporting abortion rights, salary equality, and "equal rights", which we all know is not what society needs. It was time to stop the decline short, and Trump is trying his best to do that, while Clinton would have continued dragging the country down.

I obviously don't support Trump's war decisions and war on drugs ("tough on crime" policy) but I believe he's the one that will help stop the decline and bring the population to its senses regarding the plumetting birth rates, migrant invasion, over-entitled feminist women, politically correctness, destruction of families, and loss of culture.

The coup de grace will come from within his own party. It is just a matter of when. The process seems to have begun with the appointment of the independant investigator. 

Or, maybe he will be assassinated by the Pope.

6 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Sadly this could be true because the uneducated white folk,  rural southerners, and brown nosers, like nunes,  that utah jew, and sadly trey, will lead the charge, along kellyanne who loves to stay on message with the media and the media has this cause to sell papers and media time.

Or it could possible be that the US public feel that Trump has done a good job and would like him to stay for another four years to continue his good work ?

1 minute ago, champers said:

Or, maybe he will be assassinated by the Pope.

How many anti Trump supporters were watching Don in Saudi and were hoping that one of the Saudi guards , with a rifle would shoot Trump ?

1 hour ago, Silurian said:

Right now, the doofus POTUS is actually a big plus to Democrats. The more stupid and idiotic he looks and the more the kowtowed congress goes along, the more and more likely Democrats will take the house in 2018. As much as some Democrats want impeachment or a resignation, I think they hope it won't happen until late next year after the elections are done. There is no bigger selling point for the Democrats than the failing POTUS. It makes for excellent ads.

It can actually be better for Republicans to cut the rope now before they hang as a whole but that won't happen. They have no idea how to finesse this to their advantage. They were too busy being the party of "NO" for so long, they forgot how to do anything else but be stubborn.

Well put I will put my money on your point of view. 

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Or it could possible be that the US public feel that Trump has done a good job and would like him to stay for another four years to continue his good work ?

May a millions Arabians bless your thoughts.....

7 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

He'll be in for 8 years. He might have made a few impulsive and unthought decisions but overall, he is the one to stand for American values and not fall into that politically correct / equality / feeling hurting bullsh1t. Clinton was supporting abortion rights, salary equality, and "equal rights", which we all know is not what society needs. It was time to stop the decline short, and Trump is trying his best to do that, while Clinton would have continued dragging the country down.

I obviously don't support Trump's war decisions and war on drugs ("tough on crime" policy) but I believe he's the one that will help stop the decline and bring the population to its senses regarding the plumetting birth rates, migrant invasion, over-entitled feminist women, politically correctness, destruction of families, and loss of culture.

Wow! where to start. The last part of your moniker is spot on.

He'll be in for 8 years. He might have made a few impulsive and unthought decisions but overall, he is the one to stand for American values

There is the understatement of the Century! I wonder how many Americans you offend with the low bar you set for American values.

Clinton was supporting abortion rights, salary equality, and "equal rights", which we all know is not what society needs.

So Dinosaurs really do still exist. Women - get back in the kitchen.

I obviously don't support Trump's war decisions and war on drugs ("tough on crime" policy)

So we have someone that wants his cake and eats it. A politically inept, male chauvinist active user of soft drugs. Way to go maaaaaaaann !

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

I think this is a badly worded question. It gives no room for Trump supporters to say that he will hang in there and triumph. 

To me, it reveals where the poll poster stands…hehe….

I think it has been proven beyond a doubt that polls are pointless when dealing with the unexplained charisma of a man like Trump:

Deep disgust at the ways of the ruling party is the explanation. 

Stung and deeply shocked by its electoral trussing and hog whipping, the ex-ruling party tries to blame another foreign power.

The silent majority sees and notes this.

Even the poll here has a not insignificant 42+% thinking he won't have to resign or be impeached.

These people are mainly silent because they don't want to come on here and be subjected to the targeted tongue lashings of a bunch of disgruntled losers.

I have far thicker skin. I happen to think he will eventually triumph against the swamp creatures.

Well the Donald has fled Washington hoping the heat will die down in his absence. Usually a new president goes either north or south for his first diplomatic sojourn but then neither is friendly territory right now. He is going to a friendly country as an arms salesman (representing you know who who financially backed his campaign) bearing 110 billion dollars in arms to help keep the Saudia's keep their iron fist control of things and kill innocent people with as one Democrat put it the worst human rights record on the planet. His son in law Kuchner contacted Boeing or whoever makes the THAAD missile system trying get the Saudi's a good will discount. This is being mulled over by the lady CEO. He then proceeds to friendly Israel and then on to Brussels avoiding places where they might throw rotten tomatoes at him. He is always very selective in showing up at places where people love him. All this under the guise of a peace keeping mission what a joke. Better bite into the gold medal Donald that the big pubba in Saudi Arabia gave you it could be fake gold like the fake news you always rant about. 

Archived