Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone think , with a personality like his, that he would be 'forced to resign '?

Not normally. But the republicans may be able to present him with a face saving package where he can spin it into a win at least from the POV of loyal trumpists.

I think an explicit removal based on unfitness could start a civil war.

But a deal as above could work or if there is a smoking gun high crimes case that could work too.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trumpist spin.
Most Americans want the investigations to follow the facts and if it leads to trump leaving, so be it.

Anti-trumpist spin.  Who voted you as spokesman for 'most Americans'?

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trumpist spin.
Most Americans want the investigations to follow the facts and if it leads to trump leaving, so be it.

Do you have a source for that?  Maybe a poll like the ones that said Trump would lose by a landslide ("Hillary will win AZ, and TX is in play")?

I voted "No" in the poll, but I think there is a possibility that Trump could throw the towel claiming that his reforms are being blocked by democrats and republican "traitors".

3 minutes ago, rijb said:

Almost 80% of Americans want a special prosecutor to investigate Donald Trump, poll finds

Just one in five approve of US President's decision to sack FBI director James Comey (sub-title)

"A massive 78 per cent of people want a special prosecutor to handle the investigation that is currently being led by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), whose director James Comey was fired by the US president last week."

"In contrast, only 15 per cent want Congress to lead the probe."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-comey-special-prosecutor-poll-latest-majority-americans-want-a7736986.html

Painful isn't it?

Watching the walls close in on your dear leader?

1 minute ago, iReason said:

Almost 80% of Americans want a special prosecutor to investigate Donald Trump, poll finds

Just one in five approve of US President's decision to sack FBI director James Comey (sub-title)

"A massive 78 per cent of people want a special prosecutor to handle the investigation that is currently being led by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), whose director James Comey was fired by the US president last week."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-comey-special-prosecutor-poll-latest-majority-americans-want-a7736986.html

Painful isn't it?

Same people who said he didn't have a chance to win the election.  Ho hum

1 minute ago, iReason said:

Painful isn't it?

It would be much more painful to debate with a fanatic.  Go back to your clippings. 

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trumpist spin.

6 minutes ago, rijb said:

And there you have it. Trump supporters don't want the investigations to follow the facts.

2 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

For me this was and is about the Supreme Court appointees. I'd like to see a conservative bench for years to come.

I like VP Pence a lot and President Trump needs a full term to do what he's promised and get America back on track.

Many voted for his "agenda".  Weather it was one point or multi .I could care less about the wall but putting  certain restrictions on  outsourcing American jobs overseas was one of my favorites.

12 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

And there you have it. Trump supporters don't want the investigations to follow the facts.

You know my politics by just one post.  You must be psychic or an idiot.  Let me guess.

No thread on this yet so I wanted to lead a round of applause for President Trump.

He conducted himself impeccably and presidentially at the saudi reception yesterday.

The first lady was a model of grace and elegance. Shades of Jackie.

In light of this, I think he deserves to be feted not impeached.

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

1 hour ago, SiamBeast said:

It is okay for women to work, as long as family comes first. Which means, graduating from university and pursuing a full-time office career while staying single until your shelf-life expires is a terrible idea. It basically means "Fxck you mom and dad, I'm throwing away all of your legacy and everything you worked for, because I want to work rather than pursue our family. Enjoy dying while knowing that nobody will pursue our family." We therefore need to educate women that their primary goal is to have children - and on the other side, educate men how to treat ladies nicely, how to be romantic to them, and how to ensure that he is a good provider that knows how to take care of a family.

The irony in that paragraph is simply stunning.

Both men and women are full-rights humans with a set of skills, but that set of skills is not the same for men and women. What Hillary was trying to promote was "equality", a.k.a. "you can be whatever you want". For example, the law is so cucked now that it allows people to identify as the opposite gender! What's next? Identifying as a cat? A dog? How about I walk in a Ferrari dealership and identify as rich? It would be discrimination to refuse to refuse to sell me the Ferrari if I have no money, because they are not respecting the fact that I self-identify as rich, therefore I am rich.

More drivel. You identify as self rich if you want, every showroom owner should treat you with respect unless you dress like a tramp. The issue is that your self identification as 'rich' may fall apart when they check out your bank details prior to giving you a Ferrari and so many alarm bells ring one might think we have gone to DEFCON 2.

. We need a president who can restore the notion that a family is a mother, a father, and children. Nothing else. Niet. Nada.

And Trump is your role model of such a President? Third marriage, all but disowned one of his daughters, does not see anything of his 10 year old son, never saw or contributed anything to the raising of his other 3 little piggies apart from giving Ivana Trump cash and an eye witness saw Trump having sex with a 13 year old? What a top family man. Do you share the same values as Trump?

You're missing the underlying point of the OP methinks. Trump is neither brown, nor a woman (plus he makes bigots, misogynists & racists feel validated & empowered) thus ALL else is moot and therefore absolutely any repugnant thing he does or says simply does not matter to the avg Trump supporter if we're being completely honest. In fact, much of the ignorance he spouts is met with rabid approval from his vacuous base. It's like all the suppressed Archie Bunkers of the world have finally found validation and they are loving it. They will follow him to Trump TV after he resigns and revel in watching Kellyanne and Spicer delivering endless re-affirming alternative facts.

13 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

No thread on this yet so I wanted to lead a round of applause for President Trump.

He conducted himself impeccably and presidentially at the saudi reception yesterday.

The first lady was a model of grace and elegance. Shades of Jackie.

In light of this, I think he deserves to be feted not impeached.

It was indeed an impeccable curtsey/bow that he did and after everything he said about Obama. Melanie did look lovely and her hair was flowing everywhere without any head scarf (same as Ivanka), and all after Trump stated that Michelle Obama had offended the Saudi's by not wearing a head scarf. ! Hmmmm, nope I still think he deserves to be impeached.

3 minutes ago, sujoop said:

You're missing the underlying point of the OP methinks. Trump is neither brown, nor a woman (plus he makes bigots, misogynists & racists feel validated & empowered) thus ALL else is moot and therefore absolutely any repugnant thing he does or says simply does not matter to the avg Trump supporter if we're being completely honest. In fact, much of the ignorance he spouts is met with rabid approval from his vacuous base. It's like all the suppressed Archie Bunkers of the world have finally found validation and they are loving it. They will follow him to Trump TV after he resigns and revel in watching Kellyanne and Spicer delivering endless re-affirming alternative facts.

I want to give this several likes! Thank you for hitting the nail on the head.

3 hours ago, DiamondKing said:

The only people who think he is mental are the mental Democrats 

Now you are using typical Trump tactics. When you cannot convince people with your alternative (false) news you go to personal attacks/insults on those that disagree with you. Your insults add nothing to this discussion. In fact it reflects badly on you and clearly shows up your own mentality in a very negative light.

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Get informed for goodness sake!

Obama structured and made this deal. THEN when the Saudi's were playing badass uncontrollable boys in Yemen, it was OBAMA that stopped the major part of the deal with Saudi until they towed the line.

Trump has now just given the Saudi's free reign to do whatever they want and endorsed it. It would really help if people learned the background to these deals before making uninformed comment. Do you think that 100 Billion plus arms deals are conjured up over night? They take years!

As for the rest of the content in the post it is just drivel. 

What absolute twaddle. It was the business communities that set up this deal. Obama was cold on it and as has been reported today on the various news programs, it would never have happened under the Obama/Hilary regime. 

The rest of my post is factual, again as reported in all of the worlds news outlets. Just one of hundreds of reports.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/20/world/asia/china-cia-spies-espionage.html?_r=0

Just because you are so obviously an Obama/Hilary cheer leader does not excuse you from checking facts first.

I am neither a Trump nor Hilary supporter but you must allow him the opportunity to carry out his term as President before you crucify him simply for not being a Democrat.

2 hours ago, Toscano said:

Americans in general are not very smart , especially in political circles .  Trump may be classified as an idiot  , but he was smart enough to win the presidential election , he is also a shrewd and successful businessman .  Trump is facing horrendous opposition from all sides at present , but I think he will find a way to ingratiate himself with those who are currently trying to undermine him .  I believe the massive arms order he has achieved in Saudi Arabia will help to smooth the way .  I do not believe he will be impeached or forced to resign .

Excuse me,I didn't catch where you come from

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Get informed for goodness sake!

Obama structured and made this deal. THEN when the Saudi's were playing badass uncontrollable boys in Yemen, it was OBAMA that stopped the major part of the deal with Saudi until they towed the line.

Trump has now just given the Saudi's free reign to do whatever they want and endorsed it. It would really help if people learned the background to these deals before making uninformed comment. Do you think that 100 Billion plus arms deals are conjured up over night? They take years!

As for the rest of the content in the post it is just drivel. 

Brilliant move by the administration.You know if McCain wasn't condemning this and the Chinese helping with NK  agreement ,you can take it to the bank that this was  a Art Of The Deal  Win Win strategy.  

2 minutes ago, Flustered said:

What absolute twaddle. It was the business communities that set up this deal. Obama was cold on it and as has been reported today on the various news programs, it would never have happened under the Obama/Hilary regime. 

The rest of my post is factual, again as reported in all of the worlds news outlets. Just one of hundreds of reports.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/20/world/asia/china-cia-spies-espionage.html?_r=0

Just because you are so obviously an Obama/Hilary cheer leader does not excuse you from checking facts first.

I am neither a Trump nor Hilary supporter but you must allow him the opportunity to carry out his term as President before you crucify him simply for not being a Democrat.

I am a supporter of neither also and am right of centre, not Dem. So you are telling me the business community set up a 100 Bill + arms deal.............really? What about all the staffing by the Pentagon and Department of State. Are we to believe a deal of that nature involving 4th generation defence equipment is akin to going into 7/11 now? Your post was not factual, Trump never 'arranged' this deal.

The link you offer is completely irrelevant and off topic. Obama held back on the deal which was finalised because Saudi would not follow team orders.

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

you can take it to the bank that this was  a Art Of The Deal  Win Win strategy.  

That book that Trump has never read. I am glad you think it is a brilliant move. The thing about the 'strategies' in 'Art of the Deal', is they revolve around screwing people over at every opportunity. Have you read the book? It is a shysters bible, no doubt about it. The problem with adopting those tactics in the international political world is you can only screw people once and then you suffer the consequences. So lets hope Donald is not playing by the rules of the book he didn't write.

44 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

It was indeed an impeccable curtsey/bow that he did and after everything he said about Obama. Melanie did look lovely and her hair was flowing everywhere without any head scarf (same as Ivanka), and all after Trump stated that Michelle Obama had offended the Saudi's by not wearing a head scarf. ! Hmmmm, nope I still think he deserves to be impeached.

hope springs eternal :)

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do I have to remind you that I was talking to Jingthing about him objecting to a term offensive to liberals while calling Trump's base "deplorables". Trump doesn't post on here.

You are within your rights to report or ask them yourself not to do so, but don't expect much sympathy while the Trump haters continue to use vile and disgusting language to describe Trump.

You would think it would be proper courtesy not to be little someone on their origin or their belief's,  in this forum.

14 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

The thing about the 'strategies' in 'Art of the Deal', is they revolve around screwing people over at every opportunity.

Have you read the book?

It is a shysters bible, no doubt about it. 

The apple doesn't fall far from the orange...

The best part is where the spawn actually describes being deceitful:

1.png

2.png

30 minutes ago, Flustered said:

He is allowed to finish his term (God help us) unless impeached. Impeachment option is legal and there for a reason when it is deserved.

Archived