Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

It was indeed an impeccable curtsey/bow that he did and after everything he said about Obama. Melanie did look lovely and her hair was flowing everywhere without any head scarf (same as Ivanka), and all after Trump stated that Michelle Obama had offended the Saudi's by not wearing a head scarf. ! Hmmmm, nope I still think he deserves to be impeached.

so nothing to critique on this trip but the current first lady's hair?

i think the saudis had more to be pissed about for 8 years than michelle o's hair.

LOL.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

He is allowed to finish his term (God help us) unless impeached. Impeachment option is legal and there for a reason when it is deserved.

Thank you Captain Obvious!  And don't forget 'innocent until proven guilty, in a court of law'.

Just now, IAMHERE said:

The democrats could win in 2020 if Trump is running. If Pence is the sitting POTUS in 2020 he'll win. Better the democrats keep Trump as POTUS, he'll be a one termmer.

It's really way too early to handicap the 2020 elections. I doubt trump will even be running then. It may be more about which direction the democrats go and whether that works with the political climate at that time. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I just want a fair look at the facts and let the facts decide where this goes. 

Congress doesn't deal in facts.  It's all politics for those slime balls.  They're worse than Trump.

I'm no fan of Trump, but his enemy is the "deep state" non-elected part of the government. If they succeed in getting rid of Trump then in the future the POTUS will be a figurehead without power. Some may say that is already the case . . .

It's highly unlikely that Trump will be impeached or forced to resign. I despise his persona but maybe he can still get some things done in the tax reform arena that we badly need. I just don't see a scenario, given that there are so many areas of the law that are subject to interpretation, where Congress, even one controlled by the DEMs can force him out.

I just hope he begins to act like a responsible adult instead of a lying fool and stop with adolescent twitter nonsense. Is that so much to ask from your President ?

1 minute ago, redbarron said:

I'm no fan of Trump, but his enemy is the "deep state" non-elected part of the government. If they succeed in getting rid of Trump then in the future the POTUS will be a figurehead without power. Some may say that is already the case . . .

Yet another "I'm no fan of Trump, but..."  Your citing of the "deep state" trope that infests alt-right websites, give you away.

14 minutes ago, redbarron said:

Dwight D. Eisenhower exit speech on Jan.17,1961. warned us of the military industrial complex.

However, some are so blinded that they won't even believe a president when he warns of an existential threat to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness ( I'm not saying that Eisenhower said that- my interpretation ).

13 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yet another "I'm no fan of Trump, but..."  Your citing of the "deep state" trope that infests alt-right websites, give you away.

I follow the Ron Paul Institute. If you want to call that an "alt-right" website then you are brainwashed and aren't worth debating.

54 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He won't be impeached but somehow i feel that he wont last long, anger of the populace aside it is quite amazing that such an ignorant uncouth man could ever be elected to this post.

anger of the populace

Do tell.

The part of the population that support Trump won't let the city slickers kick him out. Obama warned of them with their guns etc.

Only go ahead if you want civil war, IMO.

The republicans will allow him to keep power for the time being and ditch him just in time to avoid serious implications for 2018 where they could lose lots of seats. This piece by Farron Cousins is illustrative of what many people have been saying for quite some time.

11 minutes ago, notmyself said:

The republicans will allow him to keep power for the time being and ditch him just in time to avoid serious implications for 2018 where they could lose lots of seats. This piece by Farron Cousins is illustrative of what many people have been saying for quite some time.

Doubt it. If the GOP kicks Trump out, the people that voted for him will punish the GOP in the next election. I'm sure the GOP leadership know that. IMO it's why Ryan changed his tune and snuggled up to Trump.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

anger of the populace

Do tell.

The part of the population that support Trump won't let the city slickers kick him out. Obama warned of them with their guns etc.

I think you have misunderstood me, he was voted in by those feeling 'left behind' and they wouldn't normally be what one might call well educated, they were angry at their own impotence to change things. Along comes someone rich, crude and despite his business degree,obviously just as ignorant as they were so the great unwashed voted him in. It was surprising to many observers that this could have been possible, but it was only surprising if one left out the calculation of the angry mob. I don't feel that it is possible that he can stay the course, even the those left behind will eventually see that the emperor has no clothes. 

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The part of the population that support Trump won't let the city slickers kick him out.

Obama warned of them with their guns etc.

Watching too much InfoWars are ya?

"city slickers" :cheesy:

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I think you have misunderstood me, he was voted in by those feeling 'left behind' and they wouldn't normally be what one might call well educated, they were angry at their own impotence to change things. Along comes someone rich, crude and despite his business degree,obviously just as ignorant as they were so the great unwashed voted him in. It was surprising to many observers that this could have been possible, but it was only surprising if one left out the calculation of the angry mob. I don't feel that it is possible that he can stay the course, even the those left behind will eventually see that the emperor has no clothes. 

I would agree except there is no alternative to Trump that can unite the mob. They rejected the other 16 that stood against him. They ain't gonna change their mind and vote for McCain.

Pence would never have won on his own and he wouldn't win in the next election if Trump is dumped. Their only chance is if Trump can't be bothered and annoints another to take his place.

I doubt they would trust the Dems after their hysterical behaviour now. Shooting themselves in the foot for the next election. They should shut up and come up with some policies worth voting for if they want to win in 2018.

29 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Dwight D. Eisenhower exit speech on Jan.17,1961. warned us of the military industrial complex.

However, some are so blinded that they won't even believe a president when he warns of an existential threat to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness ( I'm not saying that Eisenhower said that- my interpretation ).

You're saying this about Trump who wants to give a big increase in funding to the military-industrial complex while slashing domestic programs?

7 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

You're saying this about Trump who wants to give a big increase in funding to the military-industrial complex while slashing domestic programs?

Good grief, who do you think the MIC want to control? Hint- it's not Trump.

BTW, I didn't mention Trump in the post you are responding to. Why make it about him?

Has the guy (Trump) actually done anything illegal?

(if his campaign sought support in Russia to screw the Clinton campaign thats likely fairly illegal)

But, so far:

Sacking the FBI-boss because he is a nutjob, not wise, but illegal?

Inquire if FBI boss could tone down some investigations, not wise, blatant law braking?

Conveying some top secret intelligence to Lavrov, wise/unwise dunno, hardly illegal, Trump is the commander in chief.

Archived