Video: Many students injured as firework display goes wrong in Krabi

rooster59

Video: Many students injured as firework display goes wrong in Krabi

Capture.PNG

Image: Daily News

Fireworks exploded in all directions at a Krabi display yesterday evening injuring 21 students who had just finished a display of Thai dancing.

The incident was caught on video that was taken from some distance away.

The students - aged between 14 and 18 from local schools - had just finished a display as part of a ceremony celebrating the history of the southern town at the municipal office grounds in Sai Tai sub-district.

Some ten fireworks had all gone off successfully before dozens more started exploding indiscriminately hitting the students who were about ten meters away in front of a stage.

There were 17 girls and 4 boys injured. They were given first aid at the scene then taken to Krabi Hospital. One was in serious condition, reported Daily News.

An investigation is underway.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-20

4 hours ago, marquis22 said:

Seen one firework display, seen them all as far as I'm concerned.  :omfg:

Just watch the video did you?

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Some ten fireworks had all gone off successfully before dozens more started exploding indiscriminately hitting the students who were about ten meters away in front of a stage.

There were 17 girls and 4 boys injured. They were given first aid at the scene then taken to Krabi Hospital. One was in serious condition, reported Daily News

It could have been worse. Flippancy is not a good thing. 

15 hours ago, marquis22 said:

Seen one firework display, seen them all as far as I'm concerned.  :omfg:

....can't say the same about 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns...Sympathies for the victims.

8 hours ago, tandor said:

....can't say the same about 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns...Sympathies for the victims.

All firework display look the same, except for the ones where people get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns.

19 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Just watch the video did you?

It could have been worse. Flippancy is not a good thing. 

Yes I only saw the video of  this display for the first few seconds as have seen enough of them to want to see the whole clip.

I am not sure now where I wrote anything about lack of respect or seriousness of the outcome??

Archived