Underage sex trade: Thai border officials as much to blame as anyone

rooster59

Underage sex trade: Thai border officials as much to blame as anyone

girls.PNG

Image: Thai News Agency

The finger of blame has been pointed as much at corrupt Thai border officials as operators of bars and karaoke shops for the underage sex trade.

An official at a human trafficking organization said it was often Thais in border areas who were responsible for promoting the trade in underage women.

TNA reported that it has been revealed by justice department officials that more than 400 cases of human trafficking have gone to court in Thailand over the last three years.

Most of these cases involved women aged between 14 and 18 from Thailand's neighbors.

The worst single area with 53 cases was the border area with Cambodia around Surin.

Ranasit Preuksayachiwa representing an organization that helps in cases of human trafficking said that there was no sign of the problem abating.

"It is not just a problem of people running restaurants, karaoke and go-go bars that employ these girls," he said.

"The problem exists because of corrupt officials at border areas who effectively promote the trade by allowing girls to cross into Thailand and who take bribes".

TNA reported that out of  around 400 cases in three years 140 were in Bangkok with the rest being up-country.

The country has been rocked in recent weeks by several high profile cases of children being exploited in the sex trade including one allegedly involving several state officials in Mae Hong Son.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-20

Does anyone really think this kind of business trade will stop...in this case it appears certain people weren't getting their cuts, hence the sting operation and arrests...this will continue as TIT..and the bottom line is, nobody really cares to stop it

11 hours ago, pentap said:

This is Thailand!

It's that simple.

Life is cheap. Equality????

This is the 21st century! Or is it?

Helpless. Poor victims, taken advantage of for sheer greed. Disgusting!

That it´s Thailand has very small to do with it, That is just a popular response in this forum worth absolutely nothing.
Nothing regarding this problem is simple.
Life is not cheap! Just a lot of people making it look that way out of the wrong reasons.
Yes, it´s the 21st century, which would state that you would know more than you´re showing.
You also seem to think that all are innocent and taken advantage of??
Why are they victims? Because their parents never told them about dangers and real life!

Why are they taken advantage of? Because they were never explained to what advantage is, and only that money is number 1.
Why are they helpless? Poor education from childhood and through life.

Basically the only thing you are right in is, disgusting. Always something!

In a lot of these cases the parents are to blame.

Ok shoot me down, but remember in a lot of cases parents actually sell their daughters.

When i was building a house in the Buriram area, a husband and wife team were working on the site.

One day a young girl came on site, bags in hand, and asked her father for money for the bus.

Her father went to my ex and asked for a sub, so his daughter could get the bus.

When i enquired about it, i was told she had been sold to a bar in Pattaya.

When i said she is only 15/16 i was told parents are poor and need the money.

50 minutes ago, colinneil said:

In a lot of these cases the parents are to blame.

Ok shoot me down, but remember in a lot of cases parents actually sell their daughters.

When i was building a house in the Buriram area, a husband and wife team were working on the site.

One day a young girl came on site, bags in hand, and asked her father for money for the bus.

Her father went to my ex and asked for a sub, so his daughter could get the bus.

When i enquired about it, i was told she had been sold to a bar in Pattaya.

When i said she is only 15/16 i was told parents are poor and need the money.

So based on one instance ( I'm sure not embellished ) you have empirical irrefutable evidence that parents are to blame.

????

That is pretty ballsy of Ranasit Preuksayachiwa to state this in the report and also for the Thai News Agency to publish it.

In a country where truth is buried under defamation. Hope he has really convincing evidence to back up his facts.

So where is that illustrious body called United Nations Human Rights Council in all this? Probably can't see past their snouts as they gluttonise themselves from the bountiful UN trough and swan around in chauffeur driven Mercedes.

17 hours ago, pentap said:

This is Thailand!

It's that simple.

Life is cheap. Equality????

This is the 21st century! Or is it?

Helpless. Poor victims, taken advantage of for sheer greed. Disgusting!

Your last sentence says it all in a nutshell. 

2 hours ago, Fulwell53 said:

So based on one instance ( I'm sure not embellished ) you have empirical irrefutable evidence that parents are to blame.

????

A typically notorious troll post from you Fulwell, and not particularly intelligent, as usual.

Colinneil was not claiming irrefutable evidence.  That was you in another pathetic trolling post.

What's the p[roblem, is your usual bar not open yet?

If you can'y comment decently on the actual subject, just stop trolling and have another Chang.

The legal system offers more protection to the corrupt higher officials, then the people who are being abused. The culture of selling the body is lucrative for all, and there is enough money to go around. A young girl deluded that her dream of a car and a house can be obtained by just laying on your back. However there is more to this than just laying down. Its the entrenched lifestyle adopted, corrupt officials to be paid, rapes, beatings and in some cases never to be seen again.

So the official gets away because if you plaster his name in print and photo, then talk about his morals, you can be sued for bring shame onto him. But if he doesn't entertain the act nothing can be said. As an official of the Government these people need to be a servant of the community, a person others can look up to and be like.

All they are doing is contributing to an age old problem with very young girls, who don't have influence and in most cases have their right of choice taken away from them.

Embarrass the people involved at what ever level they may be at. But then the Thai law has its own catch 22 to protect these illegitimate sons of know one.

• 1 year later...

all for the love of money wonderful money sell the kids and get a good price disgusting and no police to stop the officials from allowing this practice to carry on all they are interested is how much is my cut worth of this lovely money.  

Archived