Two men caught at Phuket Airport with fake passports have escaped from police custody

rooster59

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is going on? It's  simply outrageous and totally unacceptable that we’re reading news like this. Does no one have their priorities straight?

Whoever released this story should be immediately charged with committing computer crimes, defaming the RTP….and…other miscellaneous bad things.

1 hour ago, balo said:

They look more like Indians to me and not Islamic terrorists . Probably just been running illegal business in Thailand.  Still lousy job by Phuket officials. 

The one with a beard does NOT look indian at all...Very strange if not funny, indians looking arab/muslim with a portuguese passport...Hello it's time to wake up..hello ?

2 hours ago, balo said:

They look more like Indians to me and not Islamic terrorists . Probably just been running illegal business in Thailand.  Still lousy job by Phuket officials. 

Both being originally from Punjab, would explain their Indian appearance.... and terrorist link ( theories) , perhaps.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Bothe passports numbers are off by 2 from each other and the signatures are

done in similar hand writings... with subcontinent looking guys with Portuguese

passports... well, is that the best those forgers could come up with?...

When they get to Bangkok for their next ones making I'm sure they'll point it out :laugh:

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

I wonder if they even speak/understand Portugese? Or a portugese dialect from Pakistan?

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So the cops let them wander outside the police station, unmonitored to go for a smoke? And then expressed surprise when they did a runner?:cheesy:

So, was this typical Thailand stupidity and incompetence, or was a wad of cash involved??

Both.

Praise be to Allah (wink) if they got a fingerprint scan at the very least on these two.  With the recent bombings in the south not all that far from Phuket this is all out manhunt time.  Lockdown Sarasin bridge, check every vehicle.  Get photos to every marina and any airstrip/helicopter pads.  It's an island, use that to your advantage.  7-11 does everything else, there should be a mass distribution of wanted posters to every location they can put up on the entry doors.   That alone should generate leads in 24 hours or less.  Relentless pursuit and pressure is how fugitives are caught.  Oh, fire the entire police department staff responsible as well.  Discipline is a training opportunity not to be ignored.

22 minutes ago, Wallander4 said:

Thats security of Thai Airports - hope ICAO read this example of simple incompetence

Were they not nabbed at the airport by Thai Immigration? That's how I read the article. Unless I am missing something it would seem that the incompetence competition winners are the boys at the police shack.

What the hell is going on with the Phuket Police. This is the 2nd group in a matter of months that has escaped from Custody. Don't here it happening anywhere else. I'd look inside the Station, seems like there might be more to it.  Serious professional incompetence!

6 hours ago, Tony M said:

"The fake passports were spotted by Phuket Airport immigration officers in the early morning."    I suspect that it was the fact that Korea Immigration had sent them back, with a letter saying that they had come from Thailand with fake passports that aroused the suspicion of Thai Immigration in Phuket.  That series of Portuguese passports hasn't been issued since 2006, I think !  

Correct, according to Wikipedia:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_passport

Looks like we are talking about a double cock-up here since these fake passports were apparently not detected before these individuals flew from Thailand to Korea - or even a triple one if they had originally successfully entered Thailand on the basis of fake passports (either the 2 Portuguese ones mentioned here or others).

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Did they make their flight?

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Only after their fake passports were stamped by immigration.

That would be stamped out again?  :sleepy:  Too audacious!  I wouldn't doubt for a second.  :WPFflags:

29 minutes ago, AGLV0121 said:

That's what's being written.

Apart from this, you have no idea how many Pakistani look like Indians.

You cropped and commented on five words of fifteen.... very selective indeed.

the following five words, which complete the sentence, affirm that punjabis look like Indians (is that your point of contention... they do or don't???) ,what with it being an Indian state, and all , albeit now divided, ( largely Muslim moving to the Pakistani side... others staying in India)

so... all punjabis, that aren't foreigners, look like Indians... no?

coupled with a millennia, or so, of seeing the region as a travel gateway.... interbreeding etc... and who can really be certain?

that said, your attack seems out of place and ill informed. How would you know what I know, for instance?

clue for the clueless... my sister is Indian.

in summary... Perhaps i do have an idea ( maybe not as well rounded of an idea as you.... I wouldn't want to be so insulting as to suggest I know better, I'll leave that to you)

Recall that 2 of the passengers of MH370 had passports acquired in Pattaya. Both Iranian but on Italian passports, IIRC. Unrelated to whatever happened to the plane but, together with the many other fake/stolen passport stories, sufficient to give Thailand "hub" status in the field.

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

if possible, further tarnishing the reputation of thai police

they need no assistance from anyone to achieve that country once again a laughing stock

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

two men who were apprehended using fake Portuguese passports at Phuket International Airport but later escaped police custody.

A new kind of "Perp Walk."

Perps doing it their way.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Good enough to get past the Thai immigration apparently !!

Archived