Two men caught at Phuket Airport with fake passports have escaped from police custody

rooster59

Typical keystone cops effort by immigration and RTP. Also I am sure RAJ is not a complete name. Rajah or Rajish comes to mind. I am also sure passports applications require your full name and proof of same. No way RAJ would pass that small bit of scrutiny. I once met a Thai woman in Aussie and could not believe it when she showed me her Thai passport it had no D.O.B in it for her. Had to be fake for sure but they let her out of Thailand and into Australia on it. And we worry about slight damage to our passports what a joke!!! 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Tony M said:

There are several errors on the page, all easily spotted with the naked eye.  That is, if the person checking the passport knows what they are doing. It would seem that, maybe, the Thai Immigration Officers don't know what they are supposed to be looking for.  

Not sure about anyone else, but my mates and I also routinely apply for and are issued our PP renewals on the same day. Haha.

Not saying Thai Immi would catch it as they go through one by one or in different lines. Just another weird thing about the PPs.

6 minutes ago, docshock13 said:

Not sure about anyone else, but my mates and I also routinely apply for and are issued our PP renewals on the same day. Haha.

Not saying Thai Immi would catch it as they go through one by one or in different lines. Just another weird thing about the PPs.

I haven't flown in or out of Phuket in many years, so I don't know if they routinely scan the passports at immigration. I'm pretty sure that these passports would have had red lights on any document scanning machine. Maybe passports are only put through a scanner on arrival, and these two weren't scanned on departure. Maybe they used genuine passports to leave Thailand, and were using the Portuguese passports to obtain visa free entry to South Korea.  Maybe their real nationality requires a visa to enter South Korea. They could easily have bought the passports in Thailand. I don't think it is any secret that it is possible to do so.  To be honest, I don't think they would have paid much money for these two passports. The quality is pretty poor, and it is unlikely that they could have entered Thailand on these documents (assuming that the passports would have been scanned on arrival in Thailand).  The forger was probably quite happy to take their money, and do a botch job on the documents.

“While they were waiting to be taken to the Phuket Court after we finished questioned them, they asked us to go to the toilet and smoke in front of the Sakoo Police Station. 
So did they flee out of the back door while the police were at/on the toilet and having a smoke in front of the Police Station ? :smile: 

What month is it? Oh its not April Could of blamed this as a April fool joke Right 2 guys in a cop station escape How? Question where were the cops? I think a couple of brown envelops come into play here  Looks like if you are a murderer thief false passport holder and you are at a police station it is  easy to get away Then the police ask the stupid question  to the public anybody seen these  2 guys Be like asking any body seen " Jack the Ripper" Same answer you would get from the public as to who are these 2 guys or Jack the Ripper Who the hell are they?

There must be a well grease-lubricated revolving door at their arrest cells...

I've been at Sakoo police 'shack' on numerous occasions and have never seen any police cells there......

In fact, the shack is located right in the middle of open park, about 200 metres from the beach.  I find it hard to believe that these chaps could not be spotted as they made their escape.  There is only one road (the beach road), no transport,no other buildings etc.

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Why didn't the Koreans arrest them ?

For what ... they were 'in transit'. Hand the problem back to the source .... Thai Immigration for allowing them to leave Thailand on false passports. Seems clear to me.

13 hours ago, Tony M said:

"The fake passports were spotted by Phuket Airport immigration officers in the early morning."    I suspect that it was the fact that Korea Immigration had sent them back, with a letter saying that they had come from Thailand with fake passports that aroused the suspicion of Thai Immigration in Phuket.  That series of Portuguese passports hasn't been issued since 2006, I think !  

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, like they would show that letter to the Thai authorities!

37 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Surely the airline admin / authority would know why they were returning the two blokes to Phuket ( at their expense) and would then pass the information to their Thai counterparts, who would then inform immigrations.

just spitballing there.... but... logically? ( and yes, I do know that it's often folly to introduce logic to these situations)

Seems to me I've read this same kind of story here quite a few times before...more than any reasonable person would expect to be likely for a "professional" police force.

Of course, you do have to consider that they were being detained at the Keystone station.

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

The letter and the passports are given to the aircraft captain to be handed over to immigration on arrival (at least that is the way it is supposed to happen !).

Yeah, the BxxxPost reports they were caught.  What they should do is post more information about how and where and from who they got their passports and then how they arrested those people or that network.  I am sure the passport fakers are aware the guys were caught and would be trying to cover their tracks, so posting a manhunt for them won't hurt

On 5/21/2017 at 6:38 AM, tomwct said:

Oops! I <deleted> up!

<deleted> would fit in the 'deleted' space.

Incompetence would be de rigueur for too many within the RTP. Not all are incompetent/corrupt but, sadly, too many are.

A few facts for the speculators here.

Under the ICAO convention, member airlines are required to return passengers. who are refused entry, to their port of embarkation. Virtually all airlines are signatories. as landing rights may be restricted if they refuse. It's virtually never in the interests of the refusing state to hold on to such travellers when they can get rid of them immediately

If the passenger's passport is unusable or has been lost/destroyed on route, an ICAO travel document can be used for the purpose.  The embarkation port authorities would be made aware of such returning passengers, by the airline ground management, very shortly after the refusal. It's not in the best interests of the airlines to hide these facts from Immigration. All related documents from the passenger would normally be held by the purser on the plane.

I've never known passengers in this situation to give up the forgers, smugglers or criminal gangs to authorities. Their lives would be at risk, and they generally know nothing other than a generic first name. The criminals arn't in the habit of giving their customers/slaves their full names and addresses.

Incidentally, for the poster who brought this point up, some Thai passports don't have a DOB because some home births here are not registered. That passenger will always be closely examined on entry, anywhere, before clearance.

On 5/21/2017 at 0:47 AM, farcanell said:

in summary... Perhaps i do have an idea (

>>> in summary... Perhaps i do have an idea 

Ooch, what a nice piece of rhetoric!

'You have no idea' is a way to say "you know", it does NOT mean that you don't know.

Again, it JUST means, in US or Canadian English, 'you know, xxx', In other terms, "many Pakistani just look like Indians, you can't tell.

It's not an attack and... cool down!

Best

https://www.google.co.th/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enTH744TH744&q=you+have+no+idea+meaning&oq=you+have+no+idea+meaning&gs_l=serp.3..0l2j0i22i30k1l8.6627.7729.0.7951.7.7.0.0.0.0.182.838.0j5.5.0....0...1.1.64.serp..2.5.838...35i39k1.qUg2pqHxatc

On 2017/5/21 at 11:54 AM, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Neither of them look even remotely Punjabi. Arab criminals/terrorists I'd reckon. But this story seems off. How could Korea let them go having identified fake passports? Big no no putting them on a plane not knowing identity.

They should have been held in detention until their real identity was determined.

Many countries would do that. When they find these two had committed crime in their country they are only too happy to get rid of them. They will just let them get on the plane.  Just like John Denver song, "my bags are packed ready go, the taxi is waiting blowing its horn, I am leaving on a jet plane don't know when I will be back again". I am sure you can get these two Punjabis to sing this song. Oh, they love singing just watch their movies, all songs & dances.

Archived