Jet ski found but Chinese driver still missing, believed taking his own life

rooster59

Jet ski found but Chinese driver still missing, believed taking his own life

2005001.jpg

Marine police said today that a Thai fishing boat has found the jet ski which a Chinese tourist has rented to drive out to the sea from Koh Samui. But he is still unaccounted for.

Skipper of the Choke Sitthichai 16 radioed the marine police this morning that the jet ski was found drifting in the sea with no driver in between Koh Samui and Koh Phangan.

The fishing boat from Sichon district of Nakhon Si Thammarat said the abandoned jet ski was about 7 nautical miles from Koh Phangan.

Marine police then asked the skipper to tow the jet ski to Kho Phangan.

The tourist identified as Chen Wen Tuk, 34, could not yet be located.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/jet-ski-found-chinese-driver-still-missing-believed-taking-life/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-21

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

took his own life while recreating ?

Such things happen.

Some try to escape depression/mental problems with a holiday.

That can go terribly wrong.

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:26 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Yes, kind of a suicide/farewell note.

Some family affair.

Read the full report.

I have, it is a letter of apology, not a suicide note IMO.

As usual with a tourist death it is better on these forums to blame the tourist.

I have already posted regarding the storm we had, and the likely consequences. Where were you at the same time to post your 'expert opinion' ?

Dead Chinese Tourist Found Floating off the Coast of Koh Tao

Dead_Chinese_Tourist_koh_tao.jpg

SAMUI: -- A Chinese tourist who went missing after renting a jet ski has been found dead floating off the coast of Koh Tao. 18 year old Chen Wentuck was reported missing on May 18th after he failed to return after hiring a jet ski in Koh Samui. The incident was reported to authorities on Thursday evening.

After search party of more than twenty jet ski riders, who spent an entire day combing the shores of Samui and Phangan, were unsuccessful in locating the man authorities released several stills of a CCTV recording of the missing man in front of the travel agency where he rented the jet ski. He was wearing a navy-blue T-shit, shorts and black pumps.

On May 21st the unmanned jet ski was discovered by fishing boat crew who radioed the marine police. Two days later another fishing crew found the body of an Asian male close to Koh Tao, however due to heavy rainstorms it was not possible to reach the body.

Mr Wentuk’s body was recovered at around 13.00 on Wednesday according to Samui’s district chief who said the body was located close to Samran Pinnacle, Koh Tao.

Local authorities have relayed the information to the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok who will notify Mr Wentuk’s family of the tragic news.

Source: http://www.samuitimes.com/dead-chinese-tourist-found-floating-off-coast-koh-tao/

samuitimes_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Samui Times 2017-05-25

Very sad ....  only 18 yrs old .. at his prime and best looking. It is hard to decipher why one would suicide at that young age and also how did he ?  did he deliberately drown himself ?

RIP young man.

seems weird, why suicide, my take on that would be, he fell from the jet ski and drowned, still what do i know with all these veranda jumpers being classed as suicides, case closed, next, form an orderly queue

2 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

seems weird, why suicide, my take on that would be, he fell from the jet ski and drowned, still what do i know with all these veranda jumpers being classed as suicides, case closed, next, form an orderly queue

Read the opening story.... instead of speculating ....

On 5/21/2017 at 10:47 AM, balo said:

Is that a suicide note in Chinese? Then I guess so.  

According to what he wrote in Chinese, yes, I guess so as he said "sorry" to his parents, and his sister, and he said he doesn't know what to do. And he also implied to ask his sister to take good care of his parents. Sad!

On 5/25/2017 at 10:52 AM, FitnessHealthTravel said:

The pressure to do well in School and University takes it toll on thousands of Chinese students each year. It is one of their National epidemics. This may have had something to do with it. 

Yes, that 'face' thing again.

Archived