Sony SLT-A58 Camera

I have a problem, my main camera a Sony SLT-A58 ( which is an A mount camera ) has fallen off the perch and can't be revived.

My problem is that I have 4 lens that can only be used on an A mount camera. I also have two batteries that can only be used 

in a Sony SLT- A58 camera.

Have tried to find out if the A mount cameras have been deleted, no luck at all there even though a number of places have them

listed and that includes Sony Thailand.

What I would like to know is if anyone has an A58 body ( with lens would be considered ) for sale or knows someone who has,

or any advice would be appreciated with regards any outlet that deals in 2nd hand Sony cameras. I live in the Uttaradit area but

know of no outlets here.

There are many available on Ebay and Amazon but they don't appear to be upfront with charges. Things like import duty where 

you can't find out the charges until the order is completed.

Would appreciate any help sourcing from inside Thailand.

eBay is fine if you ignore the American sellers that have signed up for the "import duty included" programme. For everyone else, you pay the asking price, plus shipping as defined; and then pay any import duties to the Thai government when you pick up the package.

like this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excellent-Sony-Alpha-SLT-A58M-20-1MP-Digital-Camera-body-from-Japan-17031-/252947819683?hash=item3ae4dd6ca3:g:tk4AAOSwxEpYxcLk

Best bet for finding one in Thailand is posting a wanted ad in Thai Visa, Baht&Sold, Craiglist etc. You may get lucky.

A-mount is in an odd place right now. Sony is clearly pushing E-mount as the long term system. However, they did just release the a99ii, which is a very good camera. Overall, it looks like they may continue to support the high-end full frame side of a-mount for awhile, but aps-c is probably not getting any new updates.

Not sure from your post if you are looking in BKK or not, but outside of the normal camera shops, for Sony cameras you can look at:

https://www.avvalue.com

http://www.viewfindercamera.com

AV Value runs the Sony shop in MBK and may still have some new A-mount bodies in stock.

I have an a37 that I haven't used for a couple of years that I could sell if you aren't dead set on the a58. You can send me a message if interested.

Another option would be to go e-mount and buy an LA-EA4 adapter, which should work for all a-mount lenses except for the Sony/Minolta teleconverters.

59 minutes ago, vaultdweller0013 said:

A-mount is in an odd place right now. Sony is clearly pushing E-mount as the long term system. However, they did just release the a99ii, which is a very good camera. Overall, it looks like they may continue to support the high-end full frame side of a-mount for awhile, but aps-c is probably not getting any new updates.

Not sure from your post if you are looking in BKK or not, but outside of the normal camera shops, for Sony cameras you can look at:

https://www.avvalue.com

http://www.viewfindercamera.com

AV Value runs the Sony shop in MBK and may still have some new A-mount bodies in stock.

I have an a37 that I haven't used for a couple of years that I could sell if you aren't dead set on the a58. You can send me a message if interested.

Another option would be to go e-mount and buy an LA-EA4 adapter, which should work for all a-mount lenses except for the Sony/Minolta teleconverters.

Thankyou very much for your reply. It has been confirmed by Sony that the A58 has been discontinued so I will look at your suggestions.

I have been looking at another A58 not only because of the lens but also because of the two batteries that would be unlikely to be the same a those for an A37.

6 hours ago, Ron19 said:

Thankyou very much for your reply. It has been confirmed by Sony that the A58 has been discontinued so I will look at your suggestions.

I have been looking at another A58 not only because of the lens but also because of the two batteries that would be unlikely to be the same a those for an A37.

I didn't realize it used the np-fm500h battery. In that case, I have an a77ii that I might part with, but I would need to think about it. I haven't been using my cameras much recently due to work and need to decide how much of my gear to keep.

On 5/23/2017 at 10:33 PM, FracturedRabbit said:

eBay is fine if you ignore the American sellers that have signed up for the "import duty included" programme. For everyone else, you pay the asking price, plus shipping as defined; and then pay any import duties to the Thai government when you pick up the package.

like this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excellent-Sony-Alpha-SLT-A58M-20-1MP-Digital-Camera-body-from-Japan-17031-/252947819683?hash=item3ae4dd6ca3:g:tk4AAOSwxEpYxcLk

Best bet for finding one in Thailand is posting a wanted ad in Thai Visa, Baht&Sold, Craiglist etc. You may get lucky.

I have ordered from Japan the item in the link. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Have since had to cancel the order after being told that the camera body has only Japanese language installed and this can't be changed.

I haven't really missed out as the reimbursement has already been processed although I haven't checked the bank yet. I have already placed an order elsewhere.

Apparently Sony cameras in Japan can have one of two language options installed. One as above and the other one a international version.

I have no Idea about other brands but it would be worthwhile checking out before if you are intending to purchase from Japan.

Archived