British/Thai actress who killed cop "drink driving and incoherent" after fleeing accident at Bangkok pub

webfact

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that the BIB are allowed to bypass the justice system by imposing penalties without involving the courts, penalties which invariably involved payment to them. Sure it saves a lot of expensive court time, at the expense of a huge source of corruption. Inevitably the result is a Buy your Way Out of Jail system.

It appears to be a severe alcohol problem Please God she gets the help she may need to get to grips with it.

In cases like this I say "there but for the Grace of God go I".

Anybody who says differently is only displaying their ignorance.

Does one really think that she chooses deliberately to destroy her own and others lives for the fun of it?

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

It appears to be a severe alcohol problem Please God she gets the help she may need to get to grips with it.

In cases like this I say "there but for the Grace of God go I".

Anybody who says differently is only displaying their ignorance.

Does one really think that she chooses deliberately to destroy her own and others lives for the fun of it?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer, think you should have a chat to ISIS folk chummy....Their stuff is god related.....:coffee1:

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

i fail to understand this practice here; crimes are violations of the overall criminal code; they are violations of a society's rules; they are violations against all of us; dropping that case because the parties agreed on money ?!

Though I don't live permanently in LOS, I have seen it in action twice. One, a hit and run with 1 death, 1 very serious injury and multiple vehicles damaged. I was  involved with vehicle damaged and, though not at fault,  was very scared I would be in deep trouble. The culprit was a pissed bank manager. I was extremely relieved to walk away after the BIB fixed all the compensation matters.

It's easy to criticise without ever going through the experience. It' not ideal from a western viewpoint. But careful what you wish for.

"The matter was settled with money to the family."

What about my protection from this idiot? Just because the family of the deceased are happy with a wad of cash, it's society's duty to protect the innocent from further incidents, like the most recent one. Despicable.

1 hour ago, humbug said:

that has to be a racist statement in any language.I suppose next you be saying that chinese-thai's are more superior and the people living outside of Bangkok dont deserve to vote.

I understand exactly where he’s coming from.

This skank was or still is married to some rich Arab, a half Farlang who because of her connections and being half fair skinned westerner, is arrogant, considers herself as ho so above the normal Thais and above the laws being able to swing special privileges for herself in Thai society.

She doesn’t give a toss about the human being she killed and sticks two fingers up to the law in this country.
I would like to see this woman knocked down to size and put in her place, but I doubt this will happen. Hopefully due to her alcohol and maybe a drugs problem, she will self destruct herself that would be real justice for the family and the person she killed.

When reporters arrived at the police station to film her, Anna screamed incoherently at them and the officers.

Anna shouted.

“Ake, your name is Ake, have you thought that your actions might have affected anyone in a higher position?”

Oh dear.

1 minute ago, IamNoone88 said:

Serious rehab required ....... 

Serious incarceration required. We have a headcase on the loose with a further potential to kill. It sends shivers down my spine that her and probably others like her could be sharing the same space with me on the roads.

The law should be the law, no one should have an option to buy themselves a get out of jail free card. Sentences for these crimes and she did commit a crime, must be mandatory for beggar, poor man or rich man. This woman should now be in prison and be receiving treatment in there, not left to her own discretion and still a danger to society. 

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

i fail to understand this practice here; crimes are violations of the overall criminal code; they are violations of a society's rules; they are violations against all of us; dropping that case because the parties agreed on money ?!

the longer i lived in thailand the more it made sense to me. the victims of crime are compensated and the offender is punished in the form of loosing money. many westerners dont like it but really the offender would just buy their way out of a prison sentence by bribing lawyers, prosecutors and judges anyway. better their money goes to the victims and their families.

6 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

The law should be the law, no one should have an option to buy themselves a get out of jail free card. Sentences for these crimes and she did commit a crime, must be mandatory for beggar, poor man or rich man. This woman should now be in prison and be receiving treatment in there, not left to her own discretion and still a danger to society. 

I agree with you 100%, , but one things for sure, In Thailand’s justice system, the rich and powerful have immunity, while prisons are overcrowded with the poor.

Double standards for elites and the rest of the common people need to be stamped out, but most everyone surely knows this will likely not happen in the lifetime of anyone alive today. :sad:

6 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

the longer i lived in thailand the more it made sense to me. the victims of crime are compensated and the offender is punished in the form of loosing money. many westerners dont like it but really the offender would just buy their way out of a prison sentence by bribing lawyers, prosecutors and judges anyway. better their money goes to the victims and their families.

But in many cases it's the insurance company who pays out the compensation on behalf of the perpetrator. A separate civil case should be brought against them for compensation, totally aside to the criminal case.

Know a girl whose brother had his brains bashed out with a brick. BIB negotiated a settlement of B2000/m for 100 months, based on the amount he was likely to send home. They acted as intermediary, collected the cash and forwarded to family, less 10% commission. If offender defaulted, original charge would be re-applied. AFAIK all resolved satisfactorily (for some, anyway).

I can't get my head around  a system where you can buy your way out of a murder charge.

37 minutes ago, franklnooner said:

Leaving the scene (cowards)

Should have a serious crime attached to it but we all know that wont happen here and people will continue to be injured and killed. 

The madness continues

They should implement that penalty for leaving the scene right after they change the social fabric that occasionally sees crowds beat people to death when they drag them out of their cars after an accident.

3 minutes ago, Laab Muu said:

I agree with you 100%, , but one things for sure, In Thailand’s justice system, the rich and powerful have immunity, while prisons are overcrowded with the poor.

Double standards for elites and the rest of the common people need to be stamped out, but most everyone surely knows this will likely not happen in the lifetime of anyone alive today. :sad:

Agreed and what makes this really obscene is that it`s done completely in the open, it is not even hidden that these people are buying their ways out of trouble and even if not publicised, it is blatantly obvious that brown envelopes have been exchanged.

How can anyone be assured of receiving justice in a system like this?

21 minutes ago, Laab Muu said:

But in many cases it's the insurance company who pays out the compensation on behalf of the perpetrator. A separate civil case should be brought against them for compensation, totally aside to the criminal case.

i have never heard of an insurance company paying of the victim of a crime. if i want to become a criminal how do i insure myself against having to compensate my future victims?

Lock her up and then she can sort out her drinking issues in jail. The time has long gone in this country for the rich to get away with murder. 

As for those who ask why the justice system works this way it is in actual fact simple. You kill my husband, I loose my source of income and face a stark future of worse poverty. So I can choose poverty or take the money and at least have some money for the future. By enforcing the law I may get justice/revenge but have no future or I have a better future without having justice/revenge. Remember if this hi-so b.... (she is one - remember when she met the wife to negotiate her blood money she came out smiling) was taken to court it can take more than 10 years for the court case to be handled. In this time the family will suffer severe financial hardships. Thai's are pragmatic and many times choose the money.

Where the system is wrong is that they should first be prosecuted under the criminal law, but these cases should be completed in 12 months not 12 years. Then if found guilty the family should be able to sue under a civil case. This way both justice and family futures can be served.

Archived