British/Thai actress who killed cop "drink driving and incoherent" after fleeing accident at Bangkok pub

webfact

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

i fail to understand this practice here; crimes are violations of the overall criminal code; they are violations of a society's rules; they are violations against all of us; dropping that case because the parties agreed on money ?!

that is exactly the problem, what they are actually saying is that it is ok to drink and drive as long as you have the money to pay any victims or families compensation

The other problem is this mindset - everybody does it so why not me

If Thailand wants to get serious about dealing with the shocking road safety situation then there is only one way to do it - strict law enforcement and hefty penalties with no exceptions.........never happen, there are too many people of influence that want to drink and drive and do it routinely 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's been caught making a social nuisance of herself and drunk driving again. 

I wonder how many times she has been driving under the influence of alcohol and well over the limit. 

I wonder how many others times the lives of numerous others have been placed at risk, even placed in grave danger as a direct result of the ineffectiveness of the legal systems agains those who can afford to 'pay out'.

Had she been treated appropriately according the law after her first event, she may have learnt a lesson. 

I hope this second offence sees her death with more seriously just so the rest of us on the roads are protected. 

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

What the hell does money to the family settled the problem in the first incident !!!  What futher prosecution was forthcoming at that time ??

This is LOS........Perhaps money can go in many directions...

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

i fail to understand this practice here; crimes are violations of the overall criminal code; they are violations of a society's rules; they are violations against all of us; dropping that case because the parties agreed on money ?!

Yes, it's to do with the limited role of the Public Prosecutor in the Thai criminal justice system. State prosecutors here cannot take up the matter if the police does not agree to it. Police sees matters settled when parties come to an agreement.

This has been brought to attention by various legal commentators over and over again. It's a serious flaw in the Thai criminal justice system. Any changes to this has continuously been opposed by the police, as it would mean prosecutors could criminally investigate any officers without the permission of the police.

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

It's easy to understand, in this country, you can kill someone impunity if you have money.

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

'Huay Kwang police said she was tested for alcohol and was over the limit though they would not report by how much'

We'll have to see how much money is forthcoming before that's disclosed.

She has clearly learnt nothing from her first ordeal. Not even decency prevailed to stop her drink driving again. She's an abhorrent oxygen thief who makes this world worse. 

She is the result of failed marriages. Rich parents spoiling children in order to compensate their failure with material things. How many more nice cars will she be seen around with ? The lady is a total wreack herself: the more the nice cars the bigger her wreakage. All that 'nun' thing was just a public stunt. No surprise it did not fix anything.

3 minutes ago, cekipa said:

She is the result of failed marriages. Rich parents spoiling children in order to compensate their failure with material things. How many more nice cars will she be seen around with ? The lady is a total wreack herself: the more the nice cars the bigger her wreakage. All that 'nun' thing was just a public stunt. No surprise it did not fix anything.

Crap....

9 minutes ago, cekipa said:

She is not the result of a failed marriage but the result of society based on status. Those with status are entitled and those who of the lower ranks have no entitlements and no rights. Remember the 15 year old that killed 9 people without a DL and got 3 years suspended sentence with community service. The family appealed the sentence and she tried to skip the community service. In her case she had a long surname.

5 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Jesus. What a train wreck. This woman needs serious counselling.

Not counseling but a good stiff prison sentence to show her that so called celebs are not above the law. If she was a poor farmer's daughter she would have been banged up in the cells before she began playing up. And definitely not offered water to drink. But at least it wasn't coffee and cake that we've seen recently.

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

'Huay Kwang police said she was tested for alcohol and was over the limit though they would not report by how much'

We'll have to see how much money is forthcoming before that's disclosed.

She has clearly learnt nothing from her first ordeal. Not even decency prevailed to stop her drink driving again. She's an abhorrent oxygen thief who makes this world worse. 

Go easy on her, it may be hereditary; she is Thai and Brit

I just see a lot of comments against  somebody that did apparently  nothing except doing what most of the Thais (and the Brit) are doing, being behind a  wheel drunk. Police was called because somebody seen her car damaged but yet nobody report of an accident, she's been stopped in the parking lot (that is private property) and she technically didn't brake any laws, in the video she says to the police (with a bunch of people taking picture and video of her) that she was already stopped and she wanted to call a friend to go home yet she's been taken to the police station where more 'paparazzi' were ready to take picture and video of  her. I didn't ear any 'you don't know who I am' in the video or any incoherent bullshit, she was drunk who wasn't last night? All the story smell of set up like shit...

6 hours ago, transam said:

A month sucking fish heads and no booze could open here eyes....

Does sucking fish heads means you are eating prison foods? I guess it means that. please enlighten me on this.

She is a wannabe drunk actress striving for any publicity she can get, and sooner or later will kill another innocent person while intoxicated, should have been in jail for the last murder 

Archived