British/Thai actress who killed cop "drink driving and incoherent" after fleeing accident at Bangkok pub

webfact

6 minutes ago, sambum said:

Is that in addition to the one she killed in 2015? Sorry, I'm in a picky mood today!

My bad, typing on a phone.

insurance paid 1.2 million and she is believed to have added a further 800K.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Um British.

Troll! She is Thai/English - I am sure Andy Murray would be able to explain it as well as me! (In simple terms. when he wins he is British - when he loses he is Scottish)

Have you all here noted the similarity to this case and MR sleeze Red Bull case?

In short only difference was that Red Bull has been allowed to enter and leave Thailand for many many years based on crap excuses from Thailands bullshit legal system and he is a Thai multi billionaire.This woman is neither, Also the Red Bull heir was a supposed to be issued with an international arrest warrent. That was issued two weeks ago and guess what I have heard nothing since. Have you.So lets see what charges are laid aginst this pissed woman who did a similar wrong doing to Red Bull! Except she was not on drugs at the time.

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

Some one kills you pays your family a few bahts... do you think that is OK???

Seems no lessons learned as she still has no qualms about getting behind the wheel drunk. 

The many who accept it don't have an issue with it. Look at the Ayuthia trial being held up at the moment because one of the victims' families wants more cash.

Just because Westerners find it distasteful and a way of buying oneself out of trouble doesn't make it wrong to the Thai people and they are the ones that it affects. 'Blood money' still happens in many societies around the world.

In this case it  was not 'a few baht' it was over 6 million. Personally I find it distasteful but its their country not mine.

3 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

Have you all here noted the similarity to this case and MR sleeze Red Bull case?

In short only difference was that Red Bull has been allowed to enter and leave Thailand for many many years based on crap excuses from Thailands bullshit legal system and he is a Thai multi billionaire.This woman is neither, Also the Red Bull heir was a supposed to be issued with an international arrest warrent. That was issued two weeks ago and guess what I have heard nothing since. Have you.So lets see what charges are laid aginst this pissed woman who did a similar wrong doing to Red Bull! Except she was not on drugs at the time.

Err- she  drove a car pissed into another car in a parking lot and got arrested- struggling to see similarities.

9 hours ago, YetAnother said:

i fail to understand this practice here; crimes are violations of the overall criminal code; they are violations of a society's rules; they are violations against all of us; dropping that case because the parties agreed on money ?!

Plenty of people in the west get bought off . Not suggesting its right whatever but again jumping to conclusions in order to have a thai bash and infer these things are peculiar to thailand is just plain wrong.

1 minute ago, Psimbo said:

The many who accept it don't have an issue with it. Look at the Ayuthia trial being held up at the moment because one of the victims' families wants more cash.

Just because Westerners find it distasteful and a way of buying oneself out of trouble doesn't make it wrong to the Thai people and they are the ones that it affects. 'Blood money' still happens in many societies around the world.

In this case it  was not 'a few baht' it was over 6 million. Personally I find it distasteful but its their country not mine.

Sorry but if you want real justice it has to be the courts to decide...

First there needs to be a deterrent to stop them doing the the same thing...

Then I agree some compensation to the victims (or their families) for some reduction in sentence.

IMHO Causing death by drink driving should have been a custodial sentence, say 5 years, 6 months to 1 year inside the rest suspended, banned from driving, if after release they drive a car back inside, the penalty could be reduced if the offender pays compensation awarded by the courts but they should do at least half the sentance.  

33 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Troll....?. How is that when most media reports say she is British

Most media reports say that she is British/Thai. Her proper name is Anna Hambawaris and I believe she was born in Cyprus.

By the way, I am not defending her or her disgusting behaviour in any way, I do not think she needs "help", I think she should have been jailed in the first place - not fined and allowed to become a "nun for a week" in order that she could carry on with her drunken antics a couple of years later.

15 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Err- she  drove a car pissed into another car in a parking lot and got arrested- struggling to see similarities.

BANGKOK: -- Well known British/Thai actress Anna Reese was thrown in the cells at Huay Kwang police station this morning after throwing a celebrity fit at a pub then fleeing the scene of an accident while allegedly drunk.

The 30 year old star had been contrite and apologetic even becoming a nun after she killed Suphanburi cop Napadol Wongbandit, 44, on the motorway in Prawet in 2015, reported Daily News

So is the article inaccurate or your reading another? So it is similar is it not?

Some people are saying she 'needs help'.... Why ?

If its for suspected alcoholism, she is just doing what many people her age do. She goes out and has a drink with friends, thats fairly normal and acceptable. What isn't acceptable is that she drives home drunk and has already killed one person. She doesn't need help, she needs disciplining in accordance with the law without being permitted to pay her way out of it. 

This system of giving the minimum penalty for fake atonement is highly flawed as it continues to place everyone else at continued risk at the whim of system which respects wealth above all else. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some people are saying she 'needs help'.... Why ?

If its for suspected alcoholism, she is just doing what many people her age do. She goes out and has a drink with friends, thats fairly normal and acceptable. What isn't acceptable is that she drives home drunk and has already killed one person. She doesn't need help, she needs disciplining in accordance with the law without being permitted to pay her way out of it. 

This system of giving the minimum penalty for fake atonement is highly flawed as it continues to place everyone else at continued risk at the whim of system which respects wealth above all else. 

Bravo! - Well said! I wish I could give you more than one "Like"!

9 hours ago, YetAnother said:

i fail to understand this practice here; crimes are violations of the overall criminal code; they are violations of a society's rules; they are violations against all of us; dropping that case because the parties agreed on money ?!

You fail to understand because you fail to remember Rule #1.

49 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Sorry but if you want real justice it has to be the courts to decide...

First there needs to be a deterrent to stop them doing the the same thing...

Then I agree some compensation to the victims (or their families) for some reduction in sentence.

IMHO Causing death by drink driving should have been a custodial sentence, say 5 years, 6 months to 1 year inside the rest suspended, banned from driving, if after release they drive a car back inside, the penalty could be reduced if the offender pays compensation awarded by the courts but they should do at least half the sentance.  

OK, but drink and drugs and then blaming the family driver after fleeing the scene, should be a lot more than 5 years, more like 10/15 plus big payout based on wealth. 

She should go to England for some  expensive but very good re-hab [the best in the world], to tackle her alcoholism. That could be followed by intensive reading and some serious course of study to give her focus and direction. Thailand is an intellectual dead zone. She seems to have a good brain, but for all her money and nice cars, all that pointless 'acting' on the world's most vacuous [and badly lit] soap opera circuit, keeping company with a bunch of fawning half-men, and preening strutting cross-dressers, will have left her as ignorant and directionless as a swan. 

10 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Jesus. What a train wreck. This woman needs serious counselling.

U kidding? Most of my insomnia lovelies are about this gone when we hook up...lemme tell you they go off like a frog in a sock. 

The car apparently was a Mitsubishi, but nobody report damages to the police yet, but I suppose they (the cops) were at the pub and probably went also inside to see what she was trowing around? I would like to understand the facts....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would you attempt to defend her ?... She's already killed someone driving under the influence. 

[...]

I have no idea how anyone, yourself included MekkoOne could defend these actions and at the same time maintain a moral compass befitting a reasonable person. 

She has already killed somebody under the influence... When? Because in the accident of 2015 she wasn't tested so she wasn't drunk [FACT]

I'm just trying to put the pieces together, we're is the damaged Mitsubishi since nobody report damages at the police, this cops must be the fastest cops in Thailand to be on the scene that fast, or the pub staff set her up because maybe she was acting bitchy or pissed them off...

Here everybody assumes that the cops are working as cops and not as gangsters, the picture in this page says a lot with her crying desperately and a cop laughing in her face....

Then everybody can think whatever he wants but nobody is guilty if there is a reasonable doubt...

Good evening.

34 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

She has already killed somebody under the influence... When? Because in the accident of 2015 she wasn't tested so she wasn't drunk [FACT]

I'm just trying to put the pieces together, we're is the damaged Mitsubishi since nobody report damages at the police, this cops must be the fastest cops in Thailand to be on the scene that fast, or the pub staff set her up because maybe she was acting bitchy or pissed them off...

Here everybody assumes that the cops are working as cops and not as gangsters, the picture in this page says a lot with her crying desperately and a cop laughing in her face....

Then everybody can think whatever he wants but nobody is guilty if there is a reasonable doubt...

Good evening.

She wasn't tested for Alcohol or Drugs when the car she was driving hit a parked car and killed its occupant (a police officer). This does not prove she wasn't drunk, this only proves that the Police involved with the arrest were negligent. As you suggest, this leaves room for 'reasonable doubt' in the eyes of the law. 

However, we (the public) have the luxury of making our own judgement and comments without the burden of proof. If you have seen the video of her behavior that night (in 2015) its quite apparent that she was drunk or under the influence.

Fast forwarding to recent events. The Police did make a very fast arrest. I would speculate that they were called due to her behavior inside the club, the reports suggest somewhat of a tantrum before she left, then had an accident in the car park before getting arrested 500m down the road. It's also possible that the police were waiting 500m down the road so they could arrest her driving on a public highway rather than on a private car park. 

With regards to the damage to the Mitsubishi, its likely that is being handled privately.

11 hours ago, transam said:

A month sucking fish heads and no booze could open here eyes....

A month...? Hell, she should be doing ten to fifteen for vehicular manslaughter...!  This recent fiasco would not have happened.

Archived