Video: Cowardly violence as man with mental problems attacked in the street in Trat

webfact

Video: Cowardly violence as man with mental problems attacked in street

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

TRAT: -- A police hunt is underway after a man with mental problems was picked on by two thugs in the street in Trat.

CCTV outside a pharmacy in the eastern Thai city showed the men mercilessly attacking 31 year old Pongrat.

He is now in a coma in Trat Hospital fighting for his life, reported Sanook.

The CCTV showed one man leading the victim along the street in a headlock before both of the thugs set about him with fists and kicks.

Even when the victim was motionless on the floor he was still kicked in the head. He was unable to offer any resistance to the attack at all.

The owner of the pharmacy saw what was happening on his camera and alerted police who arrived on the scene just after midnight.

Trat police investigating said that they had CCTV from a school and a gas station that showed the men leading the victim along the road.

A manager of a local 7-11 called Suchart told Sanook that the victim was a man with mental problems who hung about near the store. But he was no trouble to anyone at all. Suchart had no idea why he would be attacked.

His mother Sutjai, 50, at his bedside in hospital, called for the police to track down her son's attackers and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

She said that her son has a long history of mental problems and had recently taken to leaving the house after his medical treatment was suspended for a while.

She confirmed that he caused no one any trouble.

No one knows the reason for the attack but police have surmised it could be just a motiveless attack on someone the thugs didn't like.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-22

Warning! Graphic content

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

No one knows the reason for the attack but police have surmised it could be just a motiveless attack on someone the thugs didn't like.

Whatever the reason, that was one of the most brutal attacks by two people on one defenseless guy I have witnessed.

These two scumbags are the utter dregs of society. I hope when they are found a quick Wai and a few baht won't let them escape serious punishment, even if it turns out one or more of them has a copper for a daddy.

43 minutes ago, webfact said:

he said that her son has a long history of mental problems and had recently taken to leaving the house after his medical treatment was suspended for a while.

First why his medical treatment was suspended?  

Because mental patient health can deteriorate if medication is stopped.

Secondly why there was no camera light during the period of attack?

Something suspicious here ...!

1 hour ago, crystal sauce said:

Secondly why there was no camera light during the period of attack?

Something suspicious here ...!

Are you suggesting it's a fake video?

Do any / all CCTV cameras have special lights?

Do they have special lights that turn on automatically when there is an 'event?'

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

When your different, shit happens to you,let hope these cowards

are brought to book soon,and are locked up.

regards Worgeordie

Locked Up!  The death penalty is too good for those scumbags, beheading preferrably, and I'll volunteer to swing the axe!

19 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Looking back over the decades and going back to my time in school my sisters were rather slow and were constantly picked on. It seems to progress from there on up. 

Family trait elgordo? :sleepy:

Just kidding mate

2 hours ago, crystal sauce said:

They might have had good reasons and anyway this isn't the main point here.

As for the camera it's a damn CCTV, Mr. Detective Sherlock Holmes...

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

This is absolutely disgusting.  I want to be locked in a room with these two punks and show them what a beating feels like

be sure to frisk them first, this lot is capable of anything when losing face, that's why they are losers.

Needless violence is endemic at the moment.

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

No I loved school. Not much else to do as we were dirt poor. Your still in my good books.:welcomeani:

That may also explain why your sisters' were picked on. I remember at junior school some kids getting picked on because of their poor backgrounds. Second-hand clothes, few changes, free issue black plimsolls instead of shoes. Some really went hungry too. 

Thinking back, it's awful how spiteful children can be to those who never had hardly anything. Even better off classmates didn't have anything like the luxuries kids expect these days. 

I remember a girl no one wanted to dance with, or sit near, or really have anything to do with. I don't know if her parents were that impoverished or simply didn't care or a mixture. But she was sent to school dirty, badly clothed, unkempt and her parents showed no interest in her education. Poor lass ended up working as a street prostitute. 

Archived