End for Kodi users in sight

nbm47

Most people will have to accept that all 3rd party addons are finished as they don't want to end up in jail or fines of large amounts. The more tech savvy of us will probably manage to find sources from somewhere but not in great abundance as they will be driven underground as it were. As I said in my original post that Kodi

will be a legal streaming source only in the near future and that in its present usuage  is at an end.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, vogie said:

My wife has just watched Kung <deleted> Panda on kodi exodus no problem

My five year old just watched it as well.

* Don't you think the TV language police is going a bit ott is this instant? of Vogies post?!

1 minute ago, MJKT2014 said:

My five year old just watched it as well.

* Don't you think the TV language police is going a bit ott is this instant? of Vogies post?!

I'm guessing it's automated, as soon as I pressed 'reply now' it must have spotted f u as a potential rude word and deleted it. :cheesy:

Most people will have to accept that all 3rd party addons are finished as they don't want to end up in jail or fines of large amounts. The more tech savvy of us will probably manage to find sources from somewhere but not in great abundance as they will be driven underground as it were. As I said in my original post that Kodi
will be a legal streaming source only in the near future and that in its present usuage  is at an end.

Total garbage.

10 die and 20 pop back up.
It's a never ending game and all this fear mongering is hilarious.
Add ons come and go and will come again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

Total garbage.

10 die and 20 pop back up.
It's a never ending game and all this fear mongering is hilarious.
Add ons come and go and will come again.

We will see my friend, but I would suggest you do a little more research as the present situation is getting worse for add-on developers.

The US is next for the hatchet and umpteen court cases.

6 minutes ago, nbm47 said:

We will see my friend, but I would suggest you do a little more research as the present situation is getting worse for add-on developers.

The US is next for the hatchet and umpteen court cases.

You do realize that the UK and US authorities only have power to close servers in their own territory, and that there are plenty of countries in the world who have very lenient rules in that regard.

My understanding is that most of the addons that closed down recently, were hosted on UK servers, and are now looking at relocating.

It is also a mystery to me why the apk's, offering the exact same program list, are not shutting down.

You do realize that the UK and US authorities only have power to close servers in their own territory, and that there are plenty of countries in the world who have very lenient rules in that regard.

My understanding is that most of the addons that closed down recently, were hosted on UK servers, and are now looking at relocating.

It is also a mystery to me why the apk's, offering the exact same program list, are not shutting down.

I have talked with several Devs and they are all moving servers then they will be back.
Yes some have closed but others have passed their repos to other Devs.
Kodi isn't going anywhere.

37 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

But if they want to charge for their services.... 

On 2017-6-9 at 0:43 AM, Alantct said:

ZZZZZZZZZ
old news and click baited to death.
Kodi ain't going anywhere.

Have to agree.....   it is so simple to add something different,  just just 2 clicks to see what is on, likewise so simple again 2 clicks to uninstall if not for you....  

Many English speaking channels from other Countries, just need to search............  eg: Fri and Sat watched F1 =  P1. P2, P3 and Qualifying on 'made in Canada'  and did NOT use a VPN...  nearer to here, many English channels on Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia etc..  only problem I find watch BBC or ITV series there not all on the same episode ...

On 6/7/2017 at 7:42 PM, janclaes47 said:

I'm more concerned that they can track the activities of their citizens around the world and will prosecute (criminal and civil $$$) their citizens instead of closing down servers.  And buried deep in the next big trade agreement will be a clause forcing all signatory countries to get in step to protect Hollywood's (and Murdoch's) gravy train.  It's not all about the tech.  It's about the continuous erosion of our privacy rights enabled by the so called wars on terror and drugs and money laundering.

18 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm more concerned that they can track the activities of their citizens around the world and will prosecute (criminal and civil $$$) their citizens instead of closing down servers.  And buried deep in the next big trade agreement will be a clause forcing all signatory countries to get in step to protect Hollywood's (and Murdoch's) gravy train.  It's not all about the tech.  It's about the continuous erosion of our privacy rights enabled by the so called wars on terror and drugs and money laundering.

I think that is near impossible as they would need to catch you red handed.

With streaming you don't save anything to your HDD, and connecting to an IP freely available on the web can not be considered a criminal activity.

If you use a vpn they wouldn't even know which IP you are connecting to.

Different is with torrents where you keep the file, and they can find it if they confiscated your pc, but while downloading torrents is considered illegal for at least a decade I don't see many people prosecuted.

Kodi Add-ons That Have Shut Down:
Phoenix
1Channel
DOJO Streams
F.t.f.a
Bamf
Deliverence
Ccloud
Salts
ZEN (Updated and renamed Elysium)
One128
Reaper
Cerburus
SRTVHUB
Velocity

Addons Currently Having Problems:
Many addons are having problems installing with unknown reasons as to why and giving the error “Could not connect to repository”. It is likely due to the servers being overwhelmed as other add-ons shut down.

Exodus
UK Turk’s Playlists
Sports Devil
SkyNet
Yes Movies

Addons That Are Working:
Specto Fork
Genesis Reborn
Openload Movies
Wolf Pack
Flixnet 
Supremacy 

The Noobs and Nerds Repository has come back with a new URL along with updated version of the BoB addon. It also has a new version of the Zen addon renamed Elysium.

Read more about it here.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:45 AM, janclaes47 said:

If you use a vpn they wouldn't even know which IP you are connecting to.

A decent VPN, like ExpressVPN, is a darn sight cheaper than subscribing to Mr Murdoch's offerings.  LOL.  

6 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Kodi Add-ons That Have Shut Down:
Phoenix
1Channel
DOJO Streams
F.t.f.a
Bamf
Deliverence
Ccloud
Salts
ZEN (Updated and renamed Elysium)
One128
Reaper
Cerburus
SRTVHUB
Velocity

Addons Currently Having Problems:
Many addons are having problems installing with unknown reasons as to why and giving the error “Could not connect to repository”. It is likely due to the servers being overwhelmed as other add-ons shut down.

Exodus
UK Turk’s Playlists
Sports Devil
SkyNet
Yes Movies

Addons That Are Working:
Specto Fork
Genesis Reborn
Openload Movies
Wolf Pack
Flixnet 
Supremacy 

The Noobs and Nerds Repository has come back with a new URL along with updated version of the BoB addon. It also has a new version of the Zen addon renamed Elysium.

Read more about it here.

Can't say about all, but Exodus seems to be working fine here in Italy.

Exodus is fine.
Ukturk is back
Sportsdevil is fine
Salts is back
Phoenix has come back under a new name with similar sections.
FTFA are regrouping
Plenty more on the way.
Like I said before, a minor blip on the kodi road.
It's not going anywhere

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

cant instal tvaddons repo and via fusion installer...so no indigo and hence no addons via that source

tvaddons i named in the lawsuit against zemtv

but theyre saying they are launching a new indigo shortly. 

Yeah, exodus has enabled fine but when I try to install from repository nothing is happening. Is this because of the problem with fusion/tvaddons - if so are there any alternatives? 

3 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Yeah, exodus has enabled fine but when I try to install from repository nothing is happening. Is this because of the problem with fusion/tvaddons - if so are there any alternatives? 

tvaddons says its a server problem and it will be fine in a few days….they are also planning to relaunch indigo and all its razzmatazz.

I would just sit tight till then…..you need other stuff to help exodus instal properly (like exodus artwork program) and only indigo can do that as far as i know.

i tried github but those versions of exodus did not instal.

lots to play around with till then…use Specto….and the noobs&nerds repo has just relaunched zen add-on as elysium…..great video add-on.

29 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

tvaddons says its a server problem and it will be fine in a few days….they are also planning to relaunch indigo and all its razzmatazz.

I would just sit tight till then…..you need other stuff to help exodus instal properly (like exodus artwork program) and only indigo can do that as far as i know.

i tried github but those versions of exodus did not instal.

lots to play around with till then…use Specto….and the noobs&nerds repo has just relaunched zen add-on as elysium…..great video add-on.

Excellent, got Specto working. Thanks again. 

on my PC have 15.2 Isengard.........  On a newer box have 16.1 Jarvis.....  both being able to run 17.3 Krypton.....  have older version on another box and a  even older version on my old XP laptop both cannot run 17.3.

On PC have installed 17.3 but have great problems trying to install the addons, so at moment it is just sitting there keep going back and re-trying...  Why is it so hard? why did they change? the old format ones were so easy [been using for years]

so on Jarvis 16.2 have 'made in Canada' it is just great picture and watch F1 live.... yet cannot install on 15.2 ?  and just cannot find it to install on 17.3....  

anyone use it on 17.3  please ?

Here is an archive of all the addons in the SuperRepo repository.

If you know exactly which addons you need and in which order to install them simply download them from the archive.

For example, to install the Exodus addon and get it working properly you must first download and install these addons in order:

1. script.exodus.metadata

2. script.exodus.artwork

3. script.module.urlresolver

4. plugin.video.exodus-3.1.15

Very Important:

You must be patient and wait until you see the message "Addon installed" before proceeding to the next step.

If you proceed too soon your addon will not work properly.

The Elysium addon (formerly Zen) is an excellent alternative to Exodus and Specto.

Capture_17.JPG

You can get it here.

Just remember that some Kodi builds and addons do provide access to pirated material,  but we maintain that we are not responsible for the content streamed to your device and neither do we condone piracy, so you must satisfy yourself that either you or the sites accessed for streaming have the copyright agreements in place and are entitled to access this content.

The standard disclaimer... of course. :cool:

7 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Here is an archive of all the addons in the SuperRepo repository.

If you know exactly which addons you need and in which order to install them simply download them from the archive.

For example, to install the Exodus addon and get it working properly you must first download and install these addons in order:

1. script.exodus.metadata

2. script.exodus.artwork

3. script.module.urlresolver

4. plugin.video.exodus-3.1.15

Very Important:

You must be patient and wait until you see the message "Addon installed" before proceeding to the next step.

If you proceed too soon your addon will not work properly.

Not really good advice to suggest anyone install the SuperRepo, as it is known to cause lots of problems with other addons.

Just now, janclaes47 said:

Not really good advice to suggest anyone install the SuperRepo, as it is known to cause lots of problems with other addons.

I am not recommending that anyone installs the entire repository, just the addons that people specifically want until the dust blows over and new homes are found for the orphans.

Archived