Monks caught dealing and taking Ya Ba in Samut Prakarn temple

webfact

Monks caught dealing and taking Ya Ba in Samut Prakarn temple

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

SAMUT PRAKARN: -- Police who raided a Samut Prakarn temple yesterday found ample evidence of drug taking and dealing by two monks.

The drugs were even hidden around the Buddhist images on display in and around their quarters.

Phra Samut Chedi district cops raided the temple of Wat Laem Fa Pha in the sub-district of the same name, reported Thai Rath.

Caught red handed in his saffron robes was monk Nakarin Amaro otherwise known as Nakarin Lekthup, 21. With him was a youth living at the temple called just "Ek".

On a shelf by a Buddhist image were six Ya Ba pills in a clear plastic bag. In the room was a lot of drug taking equipment.

In an adjoining room on a high shelf for another Buddhist statue the cops found 60 more pills hidden in a yellow torch.

Another monk in a third room was searched but while Tawatchai Kitiwaro, 24, was not found in possession of drugs he admitted taking them all the same.

A Yamaha Fino motorcycle was taken into evidence as it was believed to have been used in the pursuance of crime.

Both the monks were taken to be summarily defrocked before being detained.

Nakarin admitted dealing in drugs saying that he bought regular supplies from a man called "Boy". He made a profit by selling them on using the money for himself and to supplement his own Ya Ba addiction.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-24

"Police who raided a Samut Prakarn temple yesterday found ample evidence of drug taking and dealing by two monks."

Smart move. Why go through the hassle of committing crimes as a civilian and then go through the insincere act of becoming a monk to make  it appear as though they are repentant? Just go straight to the Wat and save the time and effort. Besides everyone is on to their act anyway.

Hang on a minute.... There are temples that dont take part in such behavior?

My local temples main monk was telling me the other day how rampant yaba is in temples and the young guys there are all taking it there and all other temples in the area. Well, derr...

5 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

These shameless monks are giving the rest of the monks a bad reputation. I am glad that they were both defrocked and detained. They deserve

jail time and loss of face. Shame on them all.

They give the whole nation a bad reputation. They should get defrocked on the spot and on picture.

What will happen to them now? Will they go to jail for this just like an actor with 0.5 gram of cocaine in her purse?

boy delivers.....end of the story.

strange? no, because police need proof.......with pictures, no picture opportunity, no investigation based on rumors!

22 hours ago, YetAnother said:

thai buddhism; institutionalized crime

I know, right?

Thailand is supposed to be a Buddhist country, but I'll be damned if I can point to anything Buddhist about it.

Crass materialism, importance of appearance over substance, every decision motivated by the desire for prestige and social status, etc.

In fact, aren't these values pretty much the exact opposite of what the Buddha taught?

On 2017-05-25 at 1:50 PM, fusion58 said:

I know, right?

Thailand is supposed to be a Buddhist country, but I'll be damned if I can point to anything Buddhist about it.

Crass materialism, importance of appearance over substance, every decision motivated by the desire for prestige and social status, etc.

In fact, aren't these values pretty much the exact opposite of what the Buddha taught?

It's 'Thai-Buddhism'....same,same but.....

Archived