Castle howchow resort kranuan Any good

Rc2702

Need a little 2-3 day break and have a wife and 2 month old in tow so have been looking for a resort max 50km away from kalasin and with a relaxed family friendly vibe and this has pipped in my radar. Anyone know of this place? Details an english/Irish breakfast so I'm hoping that means a fry up with a pint of Guinness perhaps?

The chalets look nice and divided too and the pool looks great?

Anyone been? Thoughts?

I go there quite frequently. Really enjoy the place. As a matter of fact we are going there this weekend for the Rocket Festival in Kranuan. They have a breakfast menu that you pick what items you want. Normally the breakfast is included with the room. If I remember correctly, the only item I didn't see is bake beans.

Your right. the pool is amazing!

• 1 year later...

Just to update on this hotel. We visited last week and it really is a beautiful place.

Beautiful gardens with little bridges.

Beautiful pool area that kept our son entertained until his lips turned blue. Decent food with some interesting combos. Cheese and ham spring rolls. Very nice.

The place did not seem very busy at all but 1 quick trip round town and it's easy to  understand why. Kranuan has very little to offer but for a 2-3 day stress free break with the family id highly recommend this place. Perhaps it is not as buoyant as it once was but the place was built to last and it is a delightful place which I see the locals use too.

Would be a great place for a wedding too.

A nice oasis tucked away in the middle of almost no where.  I was surprised by the facility amenities, the first time my wife and I went.  Quite a nice pool and outdoor dining area.  I've never stayed, only there for afternoons of swimming, cocktails then dinner.  Everything is really good, don't get too fancy with cocktail requests (interesting interpretation of a Long Island Iced Tea and Mojito but spot on with a double GT).  I like the place...

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, Patriot said:

Hey chaps. Thanks for the reminder of this place, I visited it 10 years ago. I presume Howard is still running the show???

I was there about two years ago, believe ownership may have changed hands. Service was very poor. Went for breakfast and the tables around the pool still had the empty cans/bottles/plates from the evening before. Mainly locals using the pool.

I booked a suite, had to ask for the hot water heater and cups, I was told they normally do not supply, my reply was that is not what your advertisement says.

1 minute ago, bprinceuk said:

I was there about two years ago, believe ownership may have changed hands. Service was very poor. Went for breakfast and the tables around the pool still had the empty cans/bottles/plates from the evening before. Mainly locals using the pool.

I booked a suite, had to ask for the hot water heater and cups, I was told they normally do not supply, my reply was that is not what your advertisement says.

I think someone has cracked the whip there then as I would be very surprised to hear one complaint from a family taking a break. The gardens there remind me of a scene from crouching tiger hidden dragon. Just no reason to leave that hotel either. The English breakfast is top notch too. Proper tasty English sausages.

We visited last week breaking up the journey from Loei to Ubon.

Great place all round. Food very good, pool exceptionally clean, and friendly staff. Unfortunately the garden compuound was a tad dry but the resort cant help the weather!!!!! It is, though, a superb feature of the resort.

My wife moaned about the size of the bathroom in our suite and that there were no beauty salons in town; but this was of no concern to either my 6 year old son or myself!! The shower in the bathroom was both hot and strong enough to blast you down to Khon Kaen!!

Unfortunately the affable owner wasn't there; great guy Howard.

Definately stay again.

Archived