Beer, ice-cream, chocolate etc in my diet

simon43

9 hours ago, tropo said:

I have mastered the ability to eat ice cream, chocolate, cakes and other junk food moderately - it can be done.

What I would recommend is cutting back on something else on the days you partake if you're concerned about the extra calories.

We are all different, for me I really should not have bad stuff like chocolate in the house because I will eat it a bar or more at a time :smile:

What works for one does not work for an other.. in my opinion you have to find some way that suits you and tinker until its perfect. (that might never happen but still its a good way to stay alert).

Right now in a good zone training and diet wise.. and it works, but there will be a time that something disrupts it a bit and I go back to a little less perfect. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, robblok said:

We are all different, for me I really should not have bad stuff like chocolate in the house because I will eat it a bar or more at a time :smile:

I don't keep much of the good stuff in the house. I treat myself when I'm out. :smile:

7 hours ago, robblok said:

What works for one does not work for an other.. in my opinion you have to find some way that suits you and tinker until its perfect. (that might never happen but still its a good way to stay alert).

Right now in a good zone training and diet wise.. and it works, but there will be a time that something disrupts it a bit and I go back to a little less perfect. 

Yes. I don't think you are alone, particularly with chocolate but also with all manner of confectionery and cakes.  The problem is not so much the food, but that we can't help but consume it in large amounts.  Also once you've had something really sweet it becomes difficult to taste the sugar in natural fruit, and suddenly you don't want to eat it.  And this happens surprisingly quickly for me.

When I speak with friends and family about how they lose weight, they nearly always say the first thing to go was cakes, etc, in the house.  I really can't see any other way.  And it is sobering to think that it is the same with cigarettes, and alcohol.  You begin to see that processed sugar is every bit an addictive substance.

25 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Yes. I don't think you are alone, particularly with chocolate but also with all manner of confectionery and cakes.  The problem is not so much the food, but that we can't help but consume it in large amounts.  Also once you've had something really sweet it becomes difficult to taste the sugar in natural fruit, and suddenly you don't want to eat it.  And this happens surprisingly quickly for me.

When I speak with friends and family about how they lose weight, they nearly always say the first thing to go was cakes, etc, in the house.  I really can't see any other way.  And it is sobering to think that it is the same with cigarettes, and alcohol.  You begin to see that processed sugar is every bit an addictive substance.

A lot of people have a theory that when you only eat natural food you lose your desire for junk food. I don't believe you ever lose your sweet tooth - it's just a matter of being able to control it.

Even wild monkeys will favour junk food over their own natural food if given a choice.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/19/obese-monkey-thailand-uncle-fat-diet

On 23-7-2017 at 5:06 PM, tropo said:

A lot of people have a theory that when you only eat natural food you lose your desire for junk food. I don't believe you ever lose your sweet tooth - it's just a matter of being able to control it.

Even wild monkeys will favour junk food over their own natural food if given a choice.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/19/obese-monkey-thailand-uncle-fat-diet

You don't lose it but it gets easier to control. The more sweet-stuff i take (drinks) the more i want it. When i cut it out completely its quite easy not to drink it. I always liked high quality syrup with some soda. I did drink one or 2 glasses of it a day. But that could easily be 200 calories just from drinks. I cut it out completely a few months back (prefer to eat my food) and now its quite easy not to take it. 

I also feel that if I am in a real good training period its easier to control my food as I see results and are more goal driven then. Anyway right now all things are again in line and i see results. Seeing results makes it easier to keep doing what your doing.

51 minutes ago, karansa said:

I am getting fat these days!!! Can anyone suggest me how to stop??? I sit 12 to 14 hours on chairs and this is the reason I think!

It's one reason.  The other may be over-eating and under exercising.  What's the story?

Archived