2017/18 transfers

BangrakBob

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City need him or someone like him asap. If you've seen much of City these past seasons you'd appreciate without Silva we lack guile (call it what you will but that special ability some have to unlock a defence). Nasri, I believe was bought for that but couldn't do it; he was a good addition but couldn't stand in for Silva. KdB now is being expected to do that but while he may come good as Silva replacement I don't see them being that similar. Silva has had lots of problems over the years, mainly with his ankles so has missed a lit of games - last season he had a relatively injury free season. So we need a long term replacement and a short term standin. From what I've seen of BSilva he can offer that. He is therefore what we require. That said I understand some City fans are upset Pep hasn't sorted out the priority first: new goalkeepers. I'm sure he will; god forbid if he doesn't.

I didn't see this buy happening...feeling very satisfied thus morning with BSilva onboard.

yeah 45 mil for a stand in,, good plan !!!

hmmmm, the real plan , its called give your YOOF ago ...!!!!

Boy wonder 7 th coming call him wot u may, but he  dont sort that defence out and start next seazon  with all  guns blazing imo  he's  :post-4641-1156693976: by xmas at the latest.

49 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah 45 mil for a stand in,, good plan !!!

hmmmm, the real plan , its called give your YOOF ago ...!!!!

Boy wonder 7 th coming call him wot u may, but he  dont sort that defence out and start next seazon  with all  guns blazing imo  he's  :post-4641-1156693976: by xmas at the latest.

In response to your 3 comments:

1. Think you misunderstood my comments. He hasn't started yet but i would image David will retain his position as the playmaker and Berni will start wide-right of midfield. He has the ability to be the playmaker so in David's absense i suspect he will be David's STAND IN, hopefully longterm Berni will REPLACE David as playmaker but if he doesn't then he will be wide-right. 

2. If a player comes along from our youth who is good enough he will get a position in the team. City also don't have money-problems like some teams so can buy top players, and do you see anybody related to City moaning about our lack of youth players in our first team (i'll answer for you, "NO!").Like all clubs we have plenty of players coming through, we have 5 on loan at Breda, again if they are good enough to take a place they will get one but if not they will be sold on or let go.  

I haven't seen anybody calling him a boy wonder, in fact i think i saw he will be 22 soon so no boy either. With regards our defence, Berni hasn't been bought to sort out our defence and ALL City fans totally agree our defence is a priority, however it seems City were able to buy a much coveted player NOW so it makes to buy him NOW! 

On 5/26/2017 at 9:11 AM, BangrakBob said:

On 5/26/2017 at 9:11 AM, BangrakBob said:

Brazilian keeper Edison to City ? Looks like Argentinos out at City and Brazilians in. I'm hoping Aguero bucks that trend.

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

In response to your 3 comments:

1. Think you misunderstood my comments. He hasn't started yet but i would image David will retain his position as the playmaker and Berni will start wide-right of midfield. He has the ability to be the playmaker so in David's absense i suspect he will be David's STAND IN, hopefully longterm Berni will REPLACE David as playmaker but if he doesn't then he will be wide-right. 

2. If a player comes along from our youth who is good enough he will get a position in the team. City also don't have money-problems like some teams so can buy top players, and do you see anybody related to City moaning about our lack of youth players in our first team (i'll answer for you, "NO!").Like all clubs we have plenty of players coming through, we have 5 on loan at Breda, again if they are good enough to take a place they will get one but if not they will be sold on or let go.  

I haven't seen anybody calling him a boy wonder, in fact i think i saw he will be 22 soon so no boy either. With regards our defence, Berni hasn't been bought to sort out our defence and ALL City fans totally agree our defence is a priority, however it seems City were able to buy a much coveted player NOW so it makes to buy him NOW! 

You have no youth players coming through and haven't had any since your new owners bought the club. Delude yourself if you like, but the facts tell the truth.

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

to become a prem player you need prem time

Of course they don't. Do you think all the foreigners bought by clubs from abroad had prem time before coming to England? Any player just needs a high level of competitive game time. Due to the pressures in the prem, most young uns only get a chance due to a thin squad coupled with injuries. There ain't many clubs who give the young uns a chance if the full first team is available and it's an important game. Early stages of the cups maybe.

^"You have no youth players coming through and haven't had any since your new owners bought the club."

You seem very knowledgeable about City's academy. Let's just say I don't agree with your comments. You dont get to the FA Youth cup final 3 years in a row, win the age group at many levels, loan out players to other clubs if those young players are no good. I'm sure there are very talented and decent players in every club's academy but are they good enough to replace the players in the first team is what matters; if you've got very decent first 11 then no matter how good the kid is he's going to find it hard to step up, but if the first 11 is weak then transition chances from academy to first 11 opportunities are greater.

Pep Guardiola took several youngsters on City's pre-season trip to China last summer, but although Tosin Adarabioyo, Aleix Garcia, Angelino, Pablo Maffeo and goalkeeper Angus Gunn were kept on as part of the first team squad as others were loaned out, there have been few opportunities for any of them.

Guardiola will take four or five players from the Under-18s side to the United States this summer.

The current players with the highest expectations at City are Brahim Diaz, and England's Phil Foden and Jadon Sancho.

But being so knowledgeable on all thing's City you know all of this already, right.

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"You have no youth players coming through and haven't had any since your new owners bought the club."

You seem very knowledgeable about City's academy. Let's just say I don't agree with your comments. You dont get to the FA Youth cup final 3 years in a row, win the age group at many levels, loan out players to other clubs if those young players are no good. I'm sure there are very talented and decent players in every club's academy but are they good enough to replace the players in the first team is what matters; if you've got very decent first 11 then no matter how good the kid is he's going to find it hard to step up, but if the first 11 is weak then transition chances from academy to first 11 opportunities are greater.

Pep Guardiola took several youngsters on City's pre-season trip to China last summer, but although Tosin Adarabioyo, Aleix Garcia, Angelino, Pablo Maffeo and goalkeeper Angus Gunn were kept on as part of the first team squad as others were loaned out, there have been few opportunities for any of them.

Guardiola will take four or five players from the Under-18s side to the United States this summer.

The current players with the highest expectations at City are Brahim Diaz, and England's Phil Foden and Jadon Sancho.

But being so knowledgeable on all thing's City you know all of this already, right.

To be fair the 5 and 6 yr old are now only 6 and 7 year old's so awhile yet to come through  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Iheanacho is expected to undergo a medical in France today with the English Premier League side, West Ham. His move is expected to cost the Hammers £24m, a fee which will make him the most expensive Nigerian player.

Nice bit of business for us if that goes through.

50 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Yeah but he didn't come through your academy did he ?

He actually signed for us in 2012 and went back to Nigeria with the intent to join our Academy on his 18th birthday. He then joined our Academy in 2014 when he was 18. Whether you want to call it he "came through" or was "fine tuned" at our Academy matters not one jot. He joined our Academy and we have made a bucket full of cash from him. Nice bit of business.

Archived