I Want To Build A House Around Chiang Rai - Need Help

Jahil

Hello everybody.

I plan to build a house around Chiang Rai within 2 years.

I would like you to help me finding a good architect and construction company. I had a bad experience ten years ago when i built a house next to Phayao and I do not want to repeat it this time.

If some of you know a serious architect and/or construction company, please share with me.

Thanks a lot for your help

with kind regards,

Jean-Marie

Prolly want to talk to the Sinthanees ('th' = 't' sound). They build nice houses, sell the appliances to go in them, and even new Mazdas to park in the carport. They are big in CR. Their main showroom and dealership is just a few hundred meters north of Big C on the same side of the SuperHighway.

Duranee's a nice lady. I've met her personally. She speaks pretty good english, too.

Here's a link with addresses, numbers, and examples of some of the houses offered (the two-story variety looks to be the best bet):

Sinthanee Chiang Rai

The houses are located in complexes (about 5 or 6 of them around CR), so there will likely be 'association dues', but the cost is very modest. I don't know if they will build to suit on private property elsewhere in CR. You'd have to ask them.

Good luck.

Sinthanee might be ok if you want to put your money in rich Chinese/Thai conglomerate pockets - with maybe 5% trickling down to the working grunts who make about $3/day. For a couple down-to-earth contractors who are reliable honest and charge reasonable rates, try either GEE 0898359305 (speaks little English) or his nephew NUI 0897004370 (fluent English) Both are dependable and capable, but they're also quite busy for those reasons.

Sinthanee might be ok if you want to put your money in rich Chinese/Thai conglomerate pockets - with maybe 5% trickling down to the working grunts who make about $3/day. For a couple down-to-earth contractors who are reliable honest and charge reasonable rates, try either GEE 0898359305 (speaks little English) or his nephew NUI 0897004370 (fluent English) Both are dependable and capable, but they're also quite busy for those reasons.

I would agree with Brahmburgers on the Sinthanee thing. They are mass produced and I would only assume that you have to be building in a muu barn anyway..?

I have a buileder who is very good and built our house just 6 months ago. PM me if you want his details. He builds the tradition Thai concrete house though. No wooden walls like in westeren c ountries. You can get them here but you will pay a bucket load for them... :o

Prolly want to talk to the Sinthanees ('th' = 't' sound). They build nice houses, sell the appliances to go in them, and even new Mazdas to park in the carport. They are big in CR. Their main showroom and dealership is just a few hundred meters north of Big C on the same side of the SuperHighway.

Duranee's a nice lady. I've met her personally. She speaks pretty good english, too.

Here's a link with addresses, numbers, and examples of some of the houses offered (the two-story variety looks to be the best bet):

Sinthanee Chiang Rai

The houses are located in complexes (about 5 or 6 of them around CR), so there will likely be 'association dues', but the cost is very modest. I don't know if they will build to suit on private property elsewhere in CR. You'd have to ask them.

Good luck.

Sinthanee might be ok if you want to put your money in rich Chinese/Thai conglomerate pockets ...

Excuse me, but doesn't your post sound a wee bit racist? I should have your post flagged for removal just for that.

Darunee did me a nice favor some years ago and the least I could do was give her a recommendation here. I don't care what racial 'mix' is involved. She and Frank (a Brit) are nice people. If you've ever met them you wouldn't be saying that.

I would agree with Brahmburgers on the Sinthanee thing. They are mass produced and I would only assume that you have to be building in a muu barn anyway... :o

If you want to see homes that are "mass-produced" tract style, go look at what's happening in Chiang Mai. It's becoming another Bangkok.

Houses in the Sinthanee complexes are built one or two at a time, per customer order, per available space. I have to agree, there is not a whole lot of variety, but they are nice, nonetheless. And you are dealing with a reputable company that will not suddenly disappear on you half-way thru construction. Nor cheat you on building materials. There are MANY stories of this...

There is also the feeling of community with other expats who live there. Their kids can play with other expats' kids in a nice, safe environment with 24-hr security.

Now, if I wanted to build a TRUE custom home in Thailand, I'd hire the builders who make some of the villas in Phuket. Those are nice. But since westerners can never own land outright, it would be an unacceptable risk for the cost involved, even if I could afford it...

Sinthanee might be ok if you want to put your money in rich Chinese/Thai conglomerate pockets - with maybe 5% trickling down to the working grunts who make about $3/day.

Wasn't you involved yourself in real estate business, Mr Brahmburger? I remember that you presented yourself in an earlier posting as an enthousiastic bicyclist, who during his trips often bumped into interesting projects for foreigners to invest their money in.

In your posting you make the suggestion that one should not buy from Thai people with Chinese ancestors. It is the most ridiculous suggestion I have heard. You introduce the racial component in the choice of buying a house, at least if I got your words right.

It sounds almost as if you want us to buy real estate only of foreigners, who sometimes even illegally are involved in this business. Your suggestion disgraces the bona fide among them.

I urgently request you not to confront us with this kind of argumentation again.

It is not only insulting for the people concerned, but it also shows disrespect for the members of this forum, who love Thailand, its population and its culture.

Limbo :o

Sinthanee might be ok if you want to put your money in rich Chinese/Thai conglomerate pockets - with maybe 5% trickling down to the working grunts who make about $3/day.

Wasn't you involved yourself in real estate business, Mr Brahmburger? I remember that you presented yourself in an earlier posting as an enthousiastic bicyclist, who during his trips often bumped into interesting projects for foreigners to invest their money in.

In your posting you make the suggestion that one should not buy from Thai people with Chinese ancestors. It is the most ridiculous suggestion I have heard. You introduce the racial component in the choice of buying a house, at least if I got your words right.

It sounds almost as if you want us to buy real estate only of foreigners, who sometimes even illegally are involved in this business. Your suggestion disgraces the bona fide among them.

I urgently request you not to confront us with this kind of argumentation again.

It is not only insulting for the people concerned, but it also shows disrespect for the members of this forum, who love Thailand, its population and its culture.

Absolutely agreed - I sense Trolls feeding

I have a bunch of landlords and some are Chinese Thai.

NONE of them have cheated us or treated us unfairly. :D

I have a bunch of landlords and some are Chinese Thai.

NONE of them have cheated us or treated us unfairly. :D

Exactly the same experience here! Through the years the rent was never raised and the only time we made rental contracts were when I needed them for my Thai driver license and for buying a car. :D