New car wash on sukhumvit road anything better ? pattaya quikcarwash

bangkokairportlink

Hello,

I found this: https://www.facebook.com/quikcarwash/

Anybody has tried the new Quick car wash at caltex pattaya gas station ?

As much as I saw the only difference is that they dry the car with air, but as it is washed by Thai hands who might not know anything more than all other locals, so why would it be better ?

Do they know that you should not use the same sponge that you have used to clean your wheels, to then clean your car body after it is dirty because of the wheels ? I have never found anybody who know this in this country.

Any experience ?

Thanks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather than look at the Facebook link which (like all Facebook pages) contains nothing but mindless dross, have a look at their website which provides sensible and useful information:

http://www.quikcarwash.com/en/

I am pleased for once to read a website of which the content has been written by someone who can actually write proper English, even if some parts are two months out of date. I imagine that with that attention to detail the American owner has also impressed on staff things like not to use a dirty sponge and to clean from the top to the bottom.

If I remember I will try them next time my vehicle needs a wash but the place that I currently use does undercut them (inside/outside 149B with a free wash for every 9 purchased), and they generally dont make too many procedural errors.

From their website.

What’s a “Clean Car Guarantee”? – Simple. Come back to us with your receipt anytime within 5 days to get a free re-wash.  No questions, no jokes, no hassle.  Never worry about the rain dust, or those mud splashes ruining your clean car again!  Car still clean after 5 days? Bring it in anyways, we’ve got you covered.

I recall US car washes in Houston had a 'rain check' option where you only got a free re-wash if it rained within 24 hours of your original car wash. With the current monsoonal weather upsets ahead of the regular rainy season, a 5-day rain check means a whole lotta freebies. Granted that the re-wash will probably not be the full-serve type one originally paid for (it certainly wasn't in Houston), it does make the place look super busy.

Good luck anyway. Although my regular dark side car wash still checks the boxes, I will certainly give this one a shot next time I am in town.

2 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

.... I have never found any car wash in Thailand that does a good job for 149 thb...

It rather depends on what you mean by a "good job". Is it the best possible job? Certainly not.

The best car wash I've found here is the free one that my car dealer offers when I get the vehicle serviced. It's also the best value, unsurprisingly.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

It rather depends on what you mean by a "good job". Is it the best possible job? Certainly not.

The best car wash I've found here is the free one that my car dealer offers when I get the vehicle serviced. It's also the best value, unsurprisingly.

A good job is when your car does not come back with swirls. But maybe you have never looked closely enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, bbpbbp said:

Which program did you use ? 89 thb ? others seem interesting also, but I haven't tried yet.

I think I got the next one up, I didn't want the inside doing.

I've only been once and now I know how good they are, I'll try the other levels. 

Obviously when the inside needs doing.

Also now that I know what to expect (never been in any car wash quite like it).

Just had a car wash there. The owner is American with a Thai partner. I paid for both inside and outside (gold plan). They have prepaid plans for exterior only that are as low as 63 baht per wash. I am a satisfied customer. I do like sitting in the car with my music and air-conditioning. 

11 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

Just had a car wash there. The owner is American with a Thai partner. I paid for both inside and outside (gold plan). They have prepaid plans for exterior only that are as low as 63 baht per wash. I am a satisfied customer. I do like sitting in the car with my music and air-conditioning. 

Wrong, cheapest is 89 thb and they have prepaid for interior and exterior.

And the owner is from UK, not USA.

2 hours ago, bbpbbp said:

Wrong, cheapest is 89 thb and they have prepaid for interior and exterior.

And the owner is from UK, not USA.

Well then perhaps I met an impostor. I had a rather long conversation with first his Thai partner and then Toby, the lead owner from California. I purchased the 8 washes per month plan as I don't need interior cleanings often.

20170904_150350.jpg

I just

On 9/3/2017 at 11:15 PM, DD13 said:

The people I use on Sukhumvit (L/H side coming from 36 Road get my Revo looking like new

About 5 people swarm over it....

Inside and outside 

160 Baht..... Cheap as chips ?

Best way to have more swirls.

More people working on car is the best way to have a very bad job done.

On 9/4/2017 at 3:12 PM, ThaiBob said:

Well then perhaps I met an impostor. I had a rather long conversation with first his Thai partner and then Toby, the lead owner from California. I purchased the 8 washes per month plan as I don't need interior cleanings often.

20170904_150350.jpg

Sorry, I cannot find this offer on their website ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i just want to add my positive feedback as I had never found any car wash as good as this one before. It's quick and efficient, no need to wait or leave your car, and even if just like my you do not trust any staff in Thailand, you can trust the US owner who supervises the business and makes sure that staff is not going to fokup with your car. Some cute staff also speak perfect English, so you can be sure that they understand what you want and do it well. Great wax service also. I will definitively be back !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/5/2017 at 10:07 PM, MrJ said:

do they service motorbikes as well?

I do not know about bikes but for cars it's clearly the best car wash that I have ever found in whole Thailand. Not just a banok car wash managed by someone who knows nothing and made by people who also know nothing, like 100% of them in Thailand.

On 9/4/2017 at 3:12 PM, ThaiBob said:

20170904_150350.jpg

You go to a car wash twice per week?

Archived